Loose 10lbs in august red team support-

Options

Replies

• Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    Scales are showing 2lb loss today :D very happy just hope it stays that way for Friday!

CONGRATS!!! I wish you all the very best luck!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    How the eff do you post a photo in your signature? lol.

Also, since everyone has been so kind as to post their schedule, here's mine:

Mon - Burned 559 calories doing the Shred, and my first day of the C25K.

Tue - Burned 614 calories doing the Shred, walking 4.0 mph for 45 minutes, and rode my bike to work for 15 minutes at a leisurely speed.

Wed - Burned 301 calories doing the Shred and 15 minutes of yoga. I planned on this day being my rest day, so I'm going to have to rely on my work to help me burn the extra calories. I lift boxes/push around heavy things/walk around and sweat a lot at work but I never log it.

Thur - Shred, and C25K.

Fri - Shred, walk for 45 minutes.

Hoping that I don't disappoint anyone!! Let's go Spartans! AROO!

Great job and love your plan/schedule!

I also have seen a slight loss on the scale and hope it sticks!!!
  • lisey116
    lisey116 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well Monday I was able to make my goal of over 500 but Tues and Wednesday I really didn't do well. I need to figure out a better way to organize my schedule/time. By the time I get to working out at night after all the stuff I gotta do I am exhausted. But at the same time I don't wanna get up early. I really need to figure out a better way so I can keep up with everyone.

I can't believe weigh in is tomorrow!
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ok...i have a 2 1/2 year old and i'm a single parent... i live on a main road (so no running in the neighborhood with a stroller)- i do yoga at home in the mornings (i have to bc i have degenerative disc disease and it keeps my back from hurting when i run) and then on my lunch at work i run... i dont get off until 8:15 then i go home and put my little man to bed-- HOW do you get in burning 500 calories ?!?!?!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

I LOVE IT!!!!

I saved the picture to my computer and uploaded it to my photobucket, then copy/pasted the link into my signature and changed the IMG to img:

THISISSPARTA.jpg
  • Athena413
    Options
    ok...i have a 2 1/2 year old and i'm a single parent... i live on a main road (so no running in the neighborhood with a stroller)- i do yoga at home in the mornings (i have to bc i have degenerative disc disease and it keeps my back from hurting when i run) and then on my lunch at work i run... i dont get off until 8:15 then i go home and put my little man to bed-- HOW do you get in burning 500 calories ?!?!?!

Do you have any workout DVD's that you could quietly do after he goes to sleep?
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    See, I knew I was doing it right! However, I think it's something with my bucket account itself...I have the album settings to "public" but my PB account is private. When I tried to put the pic in my signature, it said that the image had been moved. Made me so mad, lol. Don't mind if I stole yours then, jrdoty? :D
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    SPARTANS I NEED YOUR HELP DESPERATELY!
    I went to see the physio today about my fractured coccyx, but while I was there mentioned that I broke my ankle a few years ago and that I had a lot of pain recently in my calf and ankle. After discussing my exercise regime she basically banned me from any high impact cardio. Baring in mind I'm on day 9 of 30DS, I am a bit gutted. I have a 7 month old and exercise DVDS with HIIT are the only way I've managed to squeeze exercise that burns a large amount of cals in daily! That and jogging, but I'm also banned from that! I'm trying not to see this as a death sentence for my weightloss but it's hard. I'm within a stone of my healthy BMI and I want to be stepping my exercise not down!! All she suggested to do was walking and swimming but I do both of these, I go for long walks with LO in the pushchair and I swim a mile normally twice a week- so my body is used to both of these!

I've been thinking and I guess I can still do the strength exercises I was doing before without the cardio, but I need to find higher intensity cardio that isn't high impact. I know there's boxing but I don't really enjoy that to be honest. Any other ideas?

I was thinking of trying zumba or another dance class just once a week as although some people have told me it can be high impact I think once a week might be alright. I can't go swimming more than twice a week because I don't have time with LO. I also can't get to the gym.

Please help me guys, I feel like giving in and just going crazy on chocolate right now. Here I am trying to get healthy and now I'm told I can't do all these things!! What's the point???? :-( I wanted to take up running properly and enter 5ks and maybe even do a marathon one day. Now I'm told I'll never do these things. I'm gutted. :-(
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options

I use exercise TV...i could add in a workout at night after work too- there are all kinds of videos- i'm sure i could get in the extra 250 calories that way- i work 45 mins from home so i usually dont get him to bed until about 930- guess saying that i just want some quiet alone time is the type of excuse that got me overweight in the 1st place LOL
  • Athena413
    Options

I use exercise TV...i could add in a workout at night after work too- there are all kinds of videos- i'm sure i could get in the extra 250 calories that way- i work 45 mins from home so i usually dont get him to bed until about 930- guess saying that i just want some quiet alone time is the type of excuse that got me overweight in the 1st place LOL

How old is he? Do you have a game console that you could use Wii or Kinect or something like that to play games together? He doesn't have to know that it's healthy - but he'd still have fun and you'd be burning calories.
  • Athena413
    Options
    See, I knew I was doing it right! However, I think it's something with my bucket account itself...I have the album settings to "public" but my PB account is private. When I tried to put the pic in my signature, it said that the image had been moved. Made me so mad, lol. Don't mind if I stole yours then, jrdoty? :D

When I tried to use your original link it told me the same thing. That's when I tried just downloading it straight to my computer and going from there. Don't mind if you use mine, at all! Great idea!!
  • Athena413
    Options
    I went to see the physio today about my fractured coccyx, but while I was there mentioned that I broke my ankle a few years ago and that I had a lot of pain recently in my calf and ankle. After discussing my exercise regime she basically banned me from any high impact cardio. Baring in mind I'm on day 9 of 30DS, I am a bit gutted. I have a 7 month old and exercise DVDS with HIIT are the only way I've managed to squeeze exercise that burns a large amount of cals in daily! That and jogging, but I'm also banned from that! I'm trying not to see this as a death sentence for my weightloss but it's hard. I'm within a stone of my healthy BMI and I want to be stepping my exercise not down!! All she suggested to do was walking and swimming but I do both of these, I go for long walks with LO in the pushchair and I swim a mile normally twice a week- so my body is used to both of these!

I've been thinking and I guess I can still do the strength exercises I was doing before without the cardio, but I need to find higher intensity cardio that isn't high impact. I know there's boxing but I don't really enjoy that to be honest. Any other ideas?

I was thinking of trying zumba or another dance class just once a week as although some people have told me it can be high impact I think once a week might be alright. I can't go swimming more than twice a week because I don't have time with LO. I also can't get to the gym.

Please help me guys, I feel like giving in and just going crazy on chocolate right now. Here I am trying to get healthy and now I'm told I can't do all these things!! What's the point???? :-( I wanted to take up running properly and enter 5ks and maybe even do a marathon one day. Now I'm told I'll never do these things. I'm gutted. :-(

Zumba can be very high intensity, but it kind of depends on the instructor. Maybe talk to a few different instructors or people you know who take Zumba and try to get a feel of which class might be best for you. Or you might try looking for Zumba DVD's that have a lower impact workout.

Shadow boxing is great cardio, but like you've already said, you're not too in to that. You might just have to weigh what's more important for the time being - that one stone and doing something you don't enjoy to get there or finding other ways of getting there.

I also noticed you said you were looking for cardio, but honestly, strength training makes you burn more fat than cardio does. You may initially gain a little weight due to increased muscle mass, but as the muscles grow, the fat will melt off even faster - muscles are the fat-burners of our bodies, so the more you have, the more fat you burn - plus you can do strength training that doesn't involve much impact on your lower body.

What about a recumbent bike? Does that count as high impact cardio? If you had an exercise bike, that would be something you could do while watching TV. I used to have an upright bike and rigged a book stand to it so that I could ride my bike and study for tests at the same time. Uprights might be a little more high impact, but I would think a recumbent might not be too bad.
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Zumba can be very high intensity, but it kind of depends on the instructor. Maybe talk to a few different instructors or people you know who take Zumba and try to get a feel of which class might be best for you. Or you might try looking for Zumba DVD's that have a lower impact workout.

Shadow boxing is great cardio, but like you've already said, you're not too in to that. You might just have to weigh what's more important for the time being - that one stone and doing something you don't enjoy to get there or finding other ways of getting there.

I also noticed you said you were looking for cardio, but honestly, strength training makes you burn more fat than cardio does. You may initially gain a little weight due to increased muscle mass, but as the muscles grow, the fat will melt off even faster - muscles are the fat-burners of our bodies, so the more you have, the more fat you burn - plus you can do strength training that doesn't involve much impact on your lower body.

What about a recumbent bike? Does that count as high impact cardio? If you had an exercise bike, that would be something you could do while watching TV. I used to have an upright bike and rigged a book stand to it so that I could ride my bike and study for tests at the same time. Uprights might be a little more high impact, but I would think a recumbent might not be too bad.

Thanks so much I'll do that, I have a few different options of classes so will see which one seems best.
    Yeah, that 1 stone is definitely more important. I think my problem with boxing might be that I'm just not that good at it, so I'm going to try and work at it.. I'll give it a try as it's something I can fit in easily while LO is asleep, in front of the telly..so I can't not do it really!
    I didn't realise that strength training made you burn more fat really, I just thought about needing to burn calories. Like the 500 a day challenge, no way can I do that with strength training. I do quite a lot already such as press ups, lunges, crunches, biceps curls and chest flies. Any other great ones you can suggest to me? Not really sure how much I should be doing, like how long sessions should be or how many reps or sets. :-S
    Don't have access to a bike atm but will be joining a gym in sept when little one goes to nursery so will give that and the cross trainer a try then..don't want to wait till then to get working on this last stone though!!

Thanks so much for all your help! I really appreciate it!
  • Athena413
    Options
    [/quote]
    Thanks so much I'll do that, I have a few different options of classes so will see which one seems best.
    Yeah, that 1 stone is definitely more important. I think my problem with boxing might be that I'm just not that good at it, so I'm going to try and work at it.. I'll give it a try as it's something I can fit in easily while LO is asleep, in front of the telly..so I can't not do it really!
    I didn't realise that strength training made you burn more fat really, I just thought about needing to burn calories. Like the 500 a day challenge, no way can I do that with strength training. I do quite a lot already such as press ups, lunges, crunches, biceps curls and chest flies. Any other great ones you can suggest to me? Not really sure how much I should be doing, like how long sessions should be or how many reps or sets. :-S
    Don't have access to a bike atm but will be joining a gym in sept when little one goes to nursery so will give that and the cross trainer a try then..don't want to wait till then to get working on this last stone though!!

Thanks so much for all your help! I really appreciate it!
    [/quote]

Check out my blog on what strength training exercises my trainer is having me do. It usually takes me about 35 minutes to get through all of it, but my HRM normally says around 330 calories by the time I'm done, but I weigh around 240 lbs, so it probably varies some with your weight. (not exactly sure what a stone equates to in lbs).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jrdoty8986

The main thing with boxing is the intensity. Maybe check out youtube and see if they have any instructional videos with tips and tricks. Or maybe google "low impact cardio" and see what results you can come up with. There's got to be SOMETHING you can do that you'd enjoy!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    (not exactly sure what a stone equates to in lbs).

Haha...I was just about to ask this question, as it has been on my mind for a while.
  • Athena413
    Options
    (not exactly sure what a stone equates to in lbs).

Haha...I was just about to ask this question, as it has been on my mind for a while.

According to my converpad app on my phone, 1 stone (US) is 12.5 lbs. 1 stone (UK) is 14 lbs. :happy:

natijade, you're so close!!! :drinker:
  • mymagicalinkerytour
    Options
    I didn't realize that strength training burned more calories than cardio either, I will definitely have to look into this. I also had a tough time fitting in workouts today. Its very time consuming for me to try to get 3 walks in each day plus a little something extra. I am worried about how I will keep this up when school is back in session in a month. Today I had my granddaughter who was up at the crack of dawn, so I never did get to making up that extra walk in the morning. On the upside, though I at back my calories, I did not end the day by eating more than I earned - so to speak. I plan on doing alot over the next 3 days!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Hey guys... Im new to the Red Group. Feel Free to add me :)

~Michelle