Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-August 2011

Options

Replies

• Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Had a pretty boring weekend with my feet up.
    Went in to see Dr. yesterday morning, my bacteria count is still above normal, so I've got to take antibiotics for another full week, but he said that I can get up, WOOHOO!!!! I got out on the court and played volleyball against my Varsity team for a little while, can't wait to get back out there today!

911Girl - Beautiful pictures!!

Better_Balance_2 - Glad that you guys were not hurt in the storm!

jrueckert - Welcome!

mistibergman - Congrats on getting moved into your new house. Our house is currently on the market, I would love to sell it and get into a new one by Christmas!

psychochillie - This is my 5th baby, and all of my others have been born at home with a midwife. Same plans for this one also! I love the freedom of home birth and I have a totally awesome midwife!!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    OMG, it's sooo hard to keep up! I am enjoying reading but it is hard to reply since I want to comment on all I have read. Here goes:
    Things here have been fantastic! The kids got to hear the baby's heartbeat this week and they loved it! Although I still only ran three times this week, I was able to get a couple of medium distance runs in (6 and 7 miles each). If I include my 2+ mile walks, I was able to get 28 miles in. Hopefully next week that will be over 30 (and more of it running) :)

Leticia, you’re doing great, congrats! so cute about the kids being excited!
    I am currently couched, I have an infection in my right leg called, cellulitis. I have been on antibiotics since Tuesday, the swelling stays down as long as my leg is elavated, however the rash is not getting any better yet. I go back to the Dr. Monday morning to see how things are progressing. So, I have been sitting on my bum with my right leg elavated since Tuesday, not fun at all. I was 29 weeks on Thursday, counting down 10 weeks and 5 days, Woohoo!!!

heathercrist, I like your revelation! Although I was kind of surprised by how quickly it all happened, it is still a miracle and a priviledge and I need not lose sight of that. Sending good thoughts your way for your appointment!

Welcome 80lbslost/Silvia and congrats on your prior success in weight loss. Praying that this pregnancy goes off without a hitch. I feel you on the first trimester weight gain, it’s frustrating!

911girl, I’m way jealous of your gorgeous bump and pics. Can’t wait till I’m your stage!

Better_balance, so glad you’re ok! I guess that inner calm will come in handy when it’s time to deliver

jrueckert, welcome! Many of us have the same goals and concerns, so you will fit right in. It’s my first pregnancy as well

khrys1, sounds like you have a great maternity leave plan. Why are you taking back your clothes? I’m sure you’ll show soon!

kristy_estes21, so exciting about the ultrasound! They are addicting though, I am already counting down to the next one. Truly amazing. I’m glad now that I always ultrasound pregnant women when they come to the ER and give them a copy of the pics. I have those bad dreams too and really hate them.

Smile girl, I’m so jealous of you and how well you are doing! Great job on the pedicure, that was good thinking.

Rayna, I am taking fish oil too, I took it pre-pregnancy cause I think it’s great for your health. Congrats on getting in your circuit training!

Kalee, sorry to here you were sick. The swelling should be going down by now, yes? By bacteria count you must mean white count? If the swelling persists thay have to wonder whether or not they have the right diagnosis. Pregnant women are predisposed to blood clots….Congrats on almost being 30 weeks!

mistibergman, congrats on the wedding and the move! Sounds like everything is changing for you for the better!

Midnightdaydream/Cindy – Hate those stupid nightmares, but I do feel better knowing others have the same issue, that means it can’t mean anything bad, lol. I keep waking hubby up for comfort.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    As for me,
    I am working out on a regular basis again but all my routine seem harder and all I want to do is sleep. I am also nauseated all day most days now. It’s weird to be struggling this much with such a tiny baby inside. At the same time, hubby has me paranoid. He doesn't want to go out and celebrate the baby until after the 1st trimester, and he yells at me anytime I run not to fall. I wake up every morning and check to see my boobies are still big :laugh: I keep wanting to sneak off an ultrasound myself at work to see how things are going but afraid I'll get caught. Can't wait to hit 8 weeks tomorrow, then I'll be one month away from the 1st trimester. Time seems to be crawling by...
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I remember having those dreams with my first two pregnancies. None so far this time!

I had a great weekend workout wise: Bootcamp, running and eating mostly healthy (minus the melting pot for dinner one night). This week I have lots of exercising goals too! Yoga, Bootcamp x2, running and
    Zumba. I go on vacation next week for 2 weeks and hope to maIntain my fitness workouts!

If anyone wants to add me as a friend please feel free.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I love this forum :) It's so fun to read about what is in store for me! I have my first doctor's appointment set up for next Tuesday. I'm really anxious!! I know that four tests said positive, but I'm still worried that it's not real...I can't wait to be sure! I'm also a little nervous about exercise! I know that it should be okay because I've been exercising actively for 7 months, but I'm a little bit weary.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Ashley I forgot to mention on my earlier post how I'm glad you were alright! Sounds scary but glad you kept your cool. Hope the cleanup is quick and painless. Just want you to know I didn't forget about you. :)

Yeah my pregnancy dreams have been out of this world either scary or just weird. Last night the angel of death (who was a man without features and all in black) kept coming after me and Charlee...I kept running away from him. I was hiding and then I peaked out and saw him standing over my mother's bed while she slept and he took her.... Needless to say I'd much rather a happy wild pregnancy dream! Where are the dreams of making out with a celebrity crush or hanging out with lady gaga or something?! lol!

My glucose test was this morning and the drink itself wasn't horrible (I've definitely had better though)...but after I drank it I felt like I just popped some energy pills or drank an energy drink. I was shaky and my heart was racing. After I got home I just felt blah and like I had a hangover. Obviously my body isn't used to the overdose in sugar! So basically all day I've been a lazy bum and have managed to get nothing accomplished. I've got a headache and am feeling totally unmotivated. I guess we all have those days. The lack of sleep last night with the early morning appointment mixed with the sugar overload has left me less than myself...but tomorrow is a new day! So no complaints here...just gonna chill today and start fresh tomorrow!

Hope you ladies had a great day!
  • 80lbslost
    80lbslost Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well the Dr.'s office just called and my levels are 3,192, which is good since 3.5 days earlier it was 772! He still wants me to go in for an ultrasound tomorrow afternoon to rule out ectopic so I'll let you all know how it goes. Pray that I can see my sticky bean! :smile:
  • smilegirl
    smilegirl Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi to all my fit and fabulous pregnant friends! There's so much chatter I have a hard time keeping up during the week.

Amy, I LOVE your pregnancy pictures. You look gorgeous and your family is absolutely adorable, your sister does great work. I have my bag packed except for the last minute things! I actually put a note on the top of my bag with what still needs to be added. That way if my husband has to do it he will hopefully get the correct things. I am hoping you are half way through your last week of 12 hour shifts.

Heather, isn't it funny how the comments people make can come out not so flattering sometimes? I definitely think I am more basketball like than wide, but just about everyone but me is predicting a girl. We will know so soon! Aren't the hiccups the strangest thing? I wonder if they are as annoying to our bambinos as they are when we have them? I'm sending good thoughts for the results on your glucose test, hopefully you will hear soon. Great job meeting your goals last week - you are rocking the whole pregnancy thing with your workouts and healthy eating!

Ashley, oh my goodness!! So happy to hear that you are safe and only had minimal damage with the storm.

Khrys1, great job meeting your fitness goals last week! Hope this week is going just as well.

Jrueckert, Congratulations and welcome! I say keep up with your fitness goals. If you've been running for a long time I would think your practitioner will give you the okay to keep it up. I've been a runner for years and have continued to run throughout my whole pregnancy. Manged to get my three miles in yesterday and plan on doing the same tomorrow. My mom thinks I am crazy at this stage of the game!

Kristy, yeah on the ultrasound. The heartbeat is pretty cool to see that first time. Have fun with the OB appointment on Monday :-)

Rayna, your workouts sound great! Hope you are enjoying them again. I too have been taking prenatal vitamins with DHA since I started ttc. I also have had lots of seafood and fish with the good omega 3's for bambino's brain growth.

Mistibergman, wow lady! You are one busy gal! Congratulations on the new place and I hope your wedding is everything you wish for this coming weekend. I'll be thinking of you.

Sylvia, Welcome to you. Great job with your workouts. I found the first trimester to be the toughest for motivating myself. The fatigue is just crazy, but push through it and you will be so happy you've done it.

Cindy, you've had some wild dreams. I've not had too many strange dreams and I am thinking maybe I won't get too many more. I have had some labor related dreams in the last week or so, but not scary or anything, just kind of strange.

Kahlee, happy to hear you had your follow up appointment. I wish the infection had cleared better, but am glad that you are off couch rest! Must have felt great to play volleyball!

Cutmd, as I told Sylvia, I found the first trimester the hardest for finding the energy. All I wanted to do was lay down and sleep when I got home from work. I did find that getting myself to workout though did help me feel better. And don't worry about the big breasts - they will continue to grow and grow! My husband was kind of overprotective early on, then he seemed to get more relaxed, but now he's protective again. I think it helps them to feel more involved in the pregnancy. Sorry to hear about the nausea, hopefully it will get better soon.

Ofccat, welcome to you and congratulations on your workouts.

As for me, this is my last full week of work. I am working next week, but have a very light patient load. That way I can catch up on my patient calls and take it kind of easy. I had two patients today shocked that I'm two weeks from my due date - again their comment is "you're so tiny". Trust me, I am not tiny! One told me I only looked about seven months, just sends home how differently we all carry our bambinos. The nursery is ready, car seat is in the car, bag is packed so I think I'm prepared...I ran my three miles yesterday so I am thinking I may get my ten in again this week. Still working on trying to eat the extra 300 calories, I get so darn full so quickly now.

Welcome to all the new faces and sorry if I missed anyone. I hope you all find this group to be as fabulous and supportive as I've found them!

Holly
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Sylvia congratulations! Sounds like things are definitely going as they should and your hcg levels look awesome! Maybe even enough to have multiples ;) Mine went from 400something to 2800 in 48 hours and I did start off with 2 gestational sacs but only one baby formed so....anything could happen! I will keep you in my prayers for all good things! :)

Holly you are simply awesome girl! If I were a runner I'd made plans to come visit after Charlee is born and we could take our bambinos running together :) I know I've said this before, but I've always wanted to be a runner. At this point in my life I've got pretty messed up knees (the crack and pop just from walking up stairs or when I do any kind of squatting movements) so to take up running would probably lead me to early knee replacement surgery! I love the idea of the freedom running gives you. I see runners and think "I could totally do that"...but when it comes down to it, I'd rather do ANYTHING than run! lol! I'm definitely a spinning, hiking, kickboxing, pilates kinda girl. I still think it is wonderfully awesome that I've got such strong, amazing women to come to this board as we prepare for the births of our little ones. I can't wait until I'm 14 days out with everything ready to go! And I must say...you are the first pregnant woman I've 'known' to not complain and get on about how you want the baby to come NOW and how miserable you are....I hope I'm happy and optimistic like you when I get to 38 weeks :)

Well I managed to be a lump yesterday....getting back in my groove today. I'm going to go on a hike this morning and then go to lunch with my mom at this cute little cafe that serves the best salads ever! I feel like I need a detoxification after yesterday! lol! I'm all about the salads and fruit today! Looks like Al is coming home on Friday. We will pick up some of the nursery furniture on our way back from the airport and spend the weekend working on stuff in the baby's room. I'd like to change out the outlet covers (they were tan and we are changing them to white to match the new colors), and hang the chandelier (I'm super stoked about this one!), and put together the furniture!

Hope all of you have a super amazing day!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    When did you all announce your pregnancy to the world (aka Facebook lol)? I wanted to wait until 12 weeks just because of my previous miscarriages, but a huge part of me thinks it'll be okay after Monday's appointment as long as everything looks fine and the heartbeat is normal. My 2 previous miscarriages were about 6 years ago with my ex-husband. Personally, I think they were a blessing in disguise because God knew I wasn't going to stay with him and this time around is different since my husband and I are 100% perfect for eachother. (Long story about my loser ex.) I know saying "blessing in disguise" sounds horrible about losing a pregnancy, but I'm a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason" and I trust that God knows what He's doing.
    Anyways, how long did you all wait?
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    kristy: I'm not planning on putting it on facebook ever. my friends will know anyway bc they will see me when I start to show, and my family already knows. I don't think its necessary to announce it on facebook for everyone else. But everyone feels different about it. So you have to do what makes you comfortable and happy :happy:
  • kristy_estes21
    Options
    It's just an exciting time that I want to share. I guess I don't mean JUST Facebook, but moreso when do you plan on telling all of your friends? Facebook is just an example because I have friends all over the country since we're military so it makes it easier to share the news.
  • sabrinafaith
    Options
    i'm not telling my friends until i start to show. i've hinted at it, like by saying i can't start zumba class now, but maybe next spring, or by saying i'm just so exhausted lately. People may have guessed or they may think i'm just tired from my 2 year old and work. lol.

Might be a TMI question, but this is something i really need advice about: What do you guys do about the constipation? I've tried miralax and colace, and nothing seems to help. I only eat 100% whole wheat bread and pasta and I eat about 30-45 grams of fiber a day and nothing seems to help. Any advice is welcome!!!!!
  • mavila1978
    Options
    Hi! I'm glad to find this group. When I found out this spring that I was pregnant I abandoned myfitnesspal and my diet completely and even though I have not gained much weight so far, I have been feeling rotten because of my poor food choices. So I'm back and ready to give this bebe the best of me including my food! I've redone my goals for nutrition instead of weight loss and was looking for a group to join with other people going through the same thing I am.

I'm 20 weeks along right now and will deliver (repeat C-section) right before New Years. We will find out next Wednesday if it is a boy or girl. I'd love another girl but I've been having "boy" feelings since the beginning and I'm totally ok with that too. :)
  • kristy_estes21
    Options
    i'm not telling my friends until i start to show. i've hinted at it, like by saying i can't start zumba class now, but maybe next spring, or by saying i'm just so exhausted lately. People may have guessed or they may think i'm just tired from my 2 year old and work. lol.

Might be a TMI question, but this is something i really need advice about: What do you guys do about the constipation? I've tried miralax and colace, and nothing seems to help. I only eat 100% whole wheat bread and pasta and I eat about 30-45 grams of fiber a day and nothing seems to help. Any advice is welcome!!!!!

How much water are you drinking? I drink about 100oz a day and I haven't really had that problem yet. Although, I think it may be starting to affect me a little bit. :grumble:
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Kristy I like you wanted to shout it from the rooftops when I found out I was pregnant! I had great expectations of waiting until after the 12 week mark to announce due to my prior losses...but after we had the two ultrasounds both showing cardiac activity I felt okay with announcing it. Once a heartbeat is detected your chance of m/c goes down dramatically. I say do what you are comfortable with. It is okay to be excited and want everyone to know just how excited you are! It is a very exciting time in our lives and it okay to share that with your family and friends when you are ready! So I say if you are feeling like after this u/s you feel confident that this peanut is gonna stick around...then announce away! :)

Welcome mavila! This is a great forum to get on the straight and narrow! :) It is so very important to have good nutrition and to workout while pregnant. And it is never too late! Have you continued to workout even though you let your diet slip? If not then I say ease back into it by at least walking. If you've been working out you should continue to do so! Jump right in!

Just got back from my hike and I feel like a million bucks! Man I love getting my blood pumping and being outside with the sun shining down on me. It is like a natural high! The hill climbs are getting harder and harder and I can feel my heart rate getting higher but I continue a conversation so I know I'm good! Now I'm off to eat a beautiful lunch with my mom...what a great day! :)
  • sabrinafaith
    Options
    kristy- I usually drink between 8 and 12 servings of water a day. And 2 half-caf coffees, sometimes a decaf coffee as well. Nothing seems to work :frown:
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Holly - I have to agree with Heather!!! Most people are miserable and complaining sooner than 38wks. So Congrats to you on a healthy pregnancy!!!! Things must be great! When I was 7 months along with my first child I got toxemia, and had high blood pressure so could'n't do anything and it was horrible. I am healthier now and I think my bodys ready for it this time. I was only 18 last time, so hoping my pregnancy goes as good as yours is. Good Luck with everything, your so close!!! :)

Kristy - I thought I was further along when I made the big announcement, but turns out I was only about 6 weeks. Thought I was 10 and too many people started finding out anyway so I just told everyone!!! If you heard/seen a good strong heart beat chances of something bad happening are a lot smaller!!! I'd say share the news!!!!! It's a hard thing to keep in!

Sabrina - I was having a lot of issues with constipation for a few weeks, but I ate nothing but fruits and veggies for one whole day plus a ton of water and that helped a lot. I usually don't take anything except my prenatal, so I didn't use anything to help it. I've heard if your constipated don't eat bananna's. I was eating one a day, til I heard that. Hopefully this helps.

As for me, I have been feeling better the last couple days. Got some good sleep, and been super busy everyday! I'm hoping to pick up some last minute wedding things today and then back home to decorate my sons room. He's out of town right now with his aunt and uncle so I want it to be all set up and ready when he gets back!!! Can't wait to see him. He' s been gone 6 days and I'm going crazy!!!! Second time I've ever been with out him for more than a day/night! I can say it's been so nice with him being gone during all the moving, cleaning, and setting up. :) And he says he's having so much fun but he does miss me a little. LOL (7 yrs old). Another busy weekend to come, but I have next Monday off and I am hoping to take my son swimming and playing at the park!!! School starts in a couple weeks, so it will be nice to get in a few more fun things!!! He get's to go to Silverwood, and ammusment park this weekend! We can't wait!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Question: So I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced a lot of forgetfulness??? I can't seem to remember anything, and it's hard for me to stay on task sometimes. I remember being forgetful the last time I was pregnant, but not this bad. Last night Zack and I were talking about his work schedule and hours, by the end of our 20 minute convo, I was so confused about what day he starts at 4:00 am and what night he won't be home til' 9:00 pm. I just thought geeze, I must not have been paying attention or listening but I was. LOL.

I guess maybe I'm just losin my mind.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hello from training! Where I will be the next 3 days. Boo. I have been eating poorly all week and not working out. I've been working a ton (untill almost 9pm last night) so workouts have been sparse. I had a 2.5 lb gain last week and thought it may be water but today had another pound! I have had little gain so this has been surprising but I am now in 2nd tri so here comes some weight! Maybe when I stop eating crap and start working out again it will get better.

In response to some questions....we told FB world around 12 weeks after we heard the heart beat. We have friends all over the place so it was easiest. However our close friends found out the day we did b/c we drink a lot and had to go to a reception.

For constipation I take stool softeners at night (3) and eat fiber gummies (2-5) during the day. I have not been eating the gummies over the past couple weeks and can tell. Next week once we get power back (day 4 now) and my fridge stocked and workouts back on track, I need to clean up my eating and get back to good habits.

How many are taking DHA? I am not, just a prenatal. I may ask my dr. next time I see her. Only 2 weeks and 2 days till my U/S!

Hope you're all having a great week!