New you by the New Year challenge (closed Group) Week 3

Options

Replies

• Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    Sorry Team TITWI I've been sooo behind! :sad: I haven't been able to check my % and my weight stayed stationary last week. I burned a ton of calories, but I ate too much food.... :grumble: But I did burn 638 calories this weekend! :happy:
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    What's today's challenge again?

Today is Triathalon Tuesday! I've got one of three down, not sure what else I will do.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Remind me of the rules for Triathalon Tuesday? 3 exercises?

I have a 30 minute run and Yoga X on tap today. Do I just need to add a third exercise, or do the 3 exercises need to be of the push-ups/cruches variety?
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You can do whatever exercises you want, it is totally up to you and what works for you that day.
  • MyJourney11
    Options
    From what I understand it's 3 workouts at least 15 minutes each. For my first workout today I did Insanity with my husband. I'm doing Zumba tonight so I just need to do a 15 minute workout sometime today. It feels good to be back on track. Again team Abneman, I'm sorry for having a bad week last week :flowerforyou:
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    team Abneman, I'm sorry for having a bad week last week :flowerforyou:

We all have them. Just get back at it. I hate not being able to talk smack to the other teams.:explode:
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    From what I understand it's 3 workouts at least 15 minutes each.

This is what I thought as well. 3 seperate workouts at least 15 min each
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    did 25 of 30day shred
    15 minutes of house cleaning and 15 minutes of yoga

now off to push a med cart up and down the hall at wor tonight
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    wooo go team ...ready for water down wednesday
  • wvualum
    Options
    wooo go team ...ready for water down wednesday

Can't wait! I love water!
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    Biked for 40min
    walked dogs for 20
    Lifted weights for 20

Tri Tuesday complete

Now on to water down Wednesday.
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    15 min of walking
    20 min of cleaning
    30 min of walking

Yay! What are the rules for water down Wednesday? Drink how much you are supposed to according to the site in an earlier post?
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    Yay! What are the rules for water down Wednesday? Drink how much you are supposed to according to the site in an earlier post?

Yep. you got it.
  • wvualum
    Options
    Ok so heres the deal. I am thinking of proposing a change to the structure of our group. Since all week we have challenges that don't really count for anything (i.e. we don't get points for completing the daily challenges), our group has lost steam quite a bit. Plus if this group is going to keep going strong until 2012, then we need to do something different. So I am thinking of doing a points system.

It could go like this, but I am willing to entertain suggestions:
    1 point for every % of weight lost in proportion to your goal so if your goal is to lose 50 lbs, and you lose a lb, 1/50=2%, so you would get 2 points.
    1 point for each daily challenge completed.
    So individually you could get 5 points for the weekly challenges + your weight loss points
    The teams would then add all the points from each individual plus an additional
    10 points if they win the calorie burn challenge
    5 points if they are second in the calorie burn challenge
    0 is they are last.

I also think it would be good to have team captains who would not only tally their teams points for the week but they would also keep on the ones who haven't reported in. That being said we have several team members who did not weigh in on Monday:

Team Thin It to Win It: catlewjones23

Team Abnehmen:
    154by54
    ohfong
    afng4n051

Team Weight Loss Warrior Princesses:
    wilbailey3 (she said on Monday she would give me her numbers Tuesday, but never heard back)

Once we establish team captains they can contact these people to see if they are committed to participating or if they want to drop out. If they drop out the teams can then find replacements for them.

What do you guys think?

Feel free to be honest and butcher up my thoughts, I don't mind.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i think that sounds good! as long as the team captains keep track of the points, im in. :)

another suggestion: i think you should make a new thread each day, cause it gets hard to keep finding this thread and then adding to it.... i think it all gets jumbled and everything tends to get lost. plus if you post a new thread each day, it focuses even more on the daily challenges and keeps us on track! :)
  • clsmith1733
    clsmith1733 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    sounds good sorry yall my sister had still brith i been busy keep kids and with furneal and all been very said i gain weight
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think the points system is a good idea. We can see how it goes and if we want to make a change later we can.

I will say I do appreciate the daily challenges becuase they really keep me going. I feel if I have to report in if I did or didn't do something I'm a bit more accountable.
  • wvualum
    Options
    sounds good sorry yall my sister had still brith i been busy keep kids and with furneal and all been very said i gain weight

Sorry to hear it. Just as long as you keep at it, you are going to do great!
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    I'm good with the points system.

Although I usally post the following day if I made it to the goal. I still think this will work.

Team Captans sound good too. I know my team seams to be falling apart.
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    love the poits idea.....i personally feel more accountable with the daily challenges/points system

love the idea of team captains as well