New you by the New Year challenge (closed Group) Week 3

Options

Replies

• katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

You can really burn a lot of calories doing it.
    [/quote]

This is what I need. I need to get Team Abnehmen numbers up for the weekend challenges too so we can trash talk the other two teams. LOL
    [/quote]
    Im going to do what I can to increase those numbers!!! Looking forward to trying out my new running shoes!!
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Feel like a lame-o this week. I have been feeling like crap all week, and haven't set foot on my treadmill. Im gonna try to at least get in some leg lifts and crunches tonight. Im sorry, team!!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    25 push ups
    25 sit ups
    25 cat backs
    25 cable ab pulls.

Then hit the eliptical for 45 min. Now to make dinner
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    so far today: 1 hour walking leisurely in the park, 25 minutes of 30 day shred, now off to do my tri-cep dips and kickbacks

Need to see a downward trend on my scale, I know slow and steady wins the race but this is ridiculous
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    did 25 tricep extensions per arm and 50 tricep dips

also so happy to report that I lost 0.5 inches from hips and 1 inch from waist so even though the scale is moving slowly, I am getting results
  • ohfong77
    ohfong77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    make sure I get my points!

did 2 sets of 25 should press

2 sets of 25 lat pulldowns

1 set of 25 of bicep curls

go team Aber...something...where did this name come from??
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options

Team Abnehmen it is german for weight loss.
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    I did 100 jumping jacks!! :happy: So today's fiber friday. This will be interesting!
  • wvualum
    Options
    How are you all today? TGIF!!!!!!!!! I've got this fiber down!! 8 already this morning, another 8 for lunch and i'll need 9 for dinner! Easy!!! Have a great Friday everyone!
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Team Abnehmen it is german for weight loss.

its kind of funny because it doesnt LITERALLY mean weight loss. the best translation is "taking off"

yep, im half german and prouddd :)
  • dipsl19
    Options
    okay, so yesterday i did the 100 jumping jacks :) wooo
    what's today? fiber friday???
  • dipsl19
    Options
    okay, so yesterday i did the 100 jumping jacks :) wooo
    what's today? fiber friday???
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    [/quote]

its kind of funny because it doesnt LITERALLY mean weight loss. the best translation is "taking off"

[/quote]

I took german my last semster of college. But I'm Irish Canadian so I might have been hung over alot during that class. Translating german is a pain sometimes.
  • wvualum
    Options

[/quote]

I took german my last semster of college. But I'm Irish Canadian so I might have been hung over alot during that class. Translating german is a pain sometimes.
    [/quote]

gotcha, i never took german, I took spanish, french, and latin. Can't speak any of it!!:blushing:
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have a thought. I know, doesn't happen often, ecpecially on Friday :)

What would people think if we created a weekly team challenge winner badge that the members of the winning team for the week can post on their signiture. It would be kind of like a traveling trophy.

I would be willing to make one but I have no clue how. If there are instructions someone could point me to I could work on it.
  • BigDave1050
    Options

What would people think if we created a weekly team challenge winner badge that the members of the winning team for the week can post on their signiture. It would be kind of like a traveling trophy.

I would be willing to make one but I have no clue how. If there are instructions someone could point me to I could work on it.

I like this idea
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I completed 25 jumping jacks, 25 sit ups, 25 jump rope and 25 leg ligts. Just didnt get a chance to post after I got home :)
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here and have joined Team Thin It to Win It as of... about ten minutes ago. My name is Gwynne, I'm 32 and the mother of a wonderful little three year old moochie. I can be a bit... competitive, which hopefully won't be a bad thing. :)

I'll shoot for the 50 pounds, just to see what happens, but if I start to look to scary I may lower it. I don't want to be a skeleton, even though that evil BMI thing says I should be in the 140s. As of this morning I was 199.4, so I think I'll be comfy with 50 down. Eep! So excited to be part of something long term!
  • dipsl19
    Options

i like this idea too as long as they arent RIDICULOUSLY large. if you dont know how to make them I WILL! :)
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Naomi. I'm new to Team Abnehmen. I'm 26 and just graduated with my bachelor's and will be starting grad school at the end of this month. I am currently sitting at 197.4 and would like to be at 140 so I want to lose about 60lbs. I am VERY competitive so this will be fun! I can't wait to get to know everyone so send me friend requests and we will get to our goals together.