200+ Haulin' Off The Weight

Options

Replies

• hkallembach
    Options
    I am weighing in tomorrow morning and crossing my fingers for something beautiful!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Amy: Don't you just hate it with other people don't follow through on what they say they're going to do??? I completely feel you on being upset about it when you have such a short period of time left.

Lacey: That sucks about the phone, especially after what you've been through trying to get it ready.

Jessi: Naked and first thing in the morning is the best way to go. I also weigh myself when I go to the gym and am thrilled when fully dressed I'm still only 2-4lbs different from my morning weight. I was doubly thrilled this afternoon when I got on (in my bathing suit) one of the old move-the-weight scales they have in the locker room and I was EXACTLY the same weight as this morning in my bathroom. I'm actually looking forward to my official weigh-in tomorrow!

Sarah: Welcome back...hopefully it was good company and not annoying company. You never can tell which it's going to be until they're already there.

Can I just say that this weekend has flown by and I'm not too happy about that :grumble: I need at least another day!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD!!!

Extra 50% off all clearance items on Torrid.com!!

:heart:

Also making crack wraps for lunch.

Edit: Crack wraps = HUGE success. I am so taking them to work for dinner also.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Happy Monday!!!
  • hkallembach
    Options
    This morning my scale showed 252.6 pounds. WTF. My scale is bi-polar or something because of the different weights it has been showing this week. Grrrrr. This challenge feels like a "wash" to me. It didn't help that birthday fell towards the end of it. I guess now I am making excuses so I'll suck it up and move on. *tears*

P.S. 240's I kind of miss you, a lot.

Have a wonderful Monday ladies!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Sunday: 1987 calories burned/ 1887 calories consumed/ 100 calorie deficit. I was pretty sure I had no deficit yesterday due to the unfortunate cheesecake incident but I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Victoria: Happy Monday!

Hosanna: I :heart: Crack Wraps! I think being a travel agent would be super-cool!

Bobbie: The weekend was over way too fast.

Hailie: My fingers are crossed for you.

Hope: Great loss this week!

Sarah: I hope your enjoyed your company.

Jessi: Great loss this week!!!

Lacey: I'm so sorry about your loaner phone...that really sucks.

As for me, I ran the dogs for a mile and a half loop this morning and it was great. I was so happy to be outside trotting along. Then the dogs came home and passed out for a bit - it was nice!

The Hubbs got to England but I couldn't get a hold of him until this morning as his phone doesn't appear to be working in England (I had to go on the Interwebz to find the hotel front desk number and call that way to make sure he was alive). So I didn't really sleep well.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Just popping in real quick to say hello. I'm planning to drink tons of water today to help get rid of this ridiculous sodium. There may have been a pizza incident yesterday :embarassed: but it was thin crust and had chicken, tomatos and mushrooms on it. Oh....but there were 2 cheesesticks as well. I didn't log anything but I figured that was a lesser evil :wink: I didn't make it to the gym but did mow the front yard (which took all of 15 minutes, so it hardly counts for anything lol)

Hosanna- I wish I could say that I've traveled the world and could be a travel agent. I've never even been on a plane though....yeah, that makes me feel like such a southern honkey to say that lol

Amy- It would drive me bonkers too that he's taking so long to find a dog sitter.

Lacey- ugh. Bad bad expeirences this weekend. :frown: sorry girl. Just keep looking forward to your fabulous European vacation and meeting Amy that we are all so incredibly jealous of. :wink:

Hallie- my scale is also bipolar, maybe they are brothers? lol

Bobbie- congrats on all the scales being close to matching! It's so great that you can recognize that yes, there will be differences in the numbers, especially when using different scales, wearing different clothes, different times of the day.... but not freak out about it like so many people do.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Got up early so I could finally reply to everyone...yeay! And I'm going backwards from newest to oldest.

Amy - that cheesecake looked divine. Glad you were able to get a hold of Travis, what a pain!

Hailie - what are your goals going to be next challenge?

Victoria - Happy Monday! I love your hair!

Bobbie- way cool about weighing the same in the afternoon as the morning. I also could use another day off.

Hosanna - Corporations definitely have their own brand of job PIA, but every single job has its BS as I am sure you know. The main thing, and I keep telling my hubs this as he also hates his job, is that sometimes dealing with new jobs bs is infinitely better than the current job for the simple fact that you have moved on. And its not like you can't look for something else too while you work in new job. I think you should go for it. You are young and now is the time to do stuff like this.

Hope - welcome back!

Jessie - great loss! My phone seems to be fully functioning. I am worried about Verizon not taking it back because the red lines have popped on the phone and battery showing water damage..but I guess I will deal with that later.

Amy - that is SO frustrating about the hubs and the soccer and the dogs. I would also be highly pissed..but good for you for not doing it for him. They have to figure it out sometimes.

Pam - today IS a new day!

Megan - have you thought about calorie cycling? Eating less during the week and more during the weekend? It might work for you. You'd probly want to change your weigh in to Friday morning or something, but if you could find the balance y ou would be able to eat more on the weekends.

Kendal - proud of you for going to the gym girlie!

Rain - as much as you have your sight on your December goal, I bet you can totally do it!

Victoria - were you able to fix your bb?

Hailie - parents can suck sometimes. We think we are helping and have good intentions but nothing we say comes out right. And I cannot believe i just put myself on the side of the parents and not the kid. Jaysus I am getting old to be doing that. You get to move out soon and make your own decisions without the parental units having a say, so look forward to that and think of this time as skin thickening or something? My mom made me feel like *kitten* about my eyebrows this weekend, so I totally feel you.

Jenn - are you feeling better??

Amy - yeay for running skirts! I wish all of us could see in ourselves what our husbands and others saw. I see so many plus sized women who are gorgeous and they think they look like ****. Why do we do that?

Jessie and Kendal - I used to love Nutella but its too sweet now. I buy it for J and G, but never in a million years would I think its good for kids for breakfast.

Kerry - wow that is quite a work out!! I hope you enjoyed the beer. Yummm.

Okay I think I am all caught up!! YEAY

After the swelling went down on my brows (which took two days!) they don't look soooo bad. I mean they aren't going to be the shape I want until they grow out, but with a few strategically plucked hairs here and there they are looking better. Sigh.

For me on the docket today: work, staying caught up with work and more work. I ate out basically from Friday night on and my stomach feels like it has a ten ton brick in it. So I am eatint crack wraps and a ton of fruit and veggies this week before I leave. I keep looking at cameras, wanting to get a new one for the trip...there are a few 14 and 16 megapixel ones for right under $200..but with my luck of trying new things before this trip, I am a little hesitant. However, I would love to have a good camera to take awesome pics as who knows when I will get back to Europe! I have a basic point and shoot fujifilm and its been good, but not as high quality as I would like. I dont think I want to pay as much money for an SLR but the long zoom digitals are cool.

What kind of cameras do you ladies have??
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Lacey- at least it was a loaner phone and not your precious iphone that got coffee soaked. and I have a Nikon D60 and freaking LOVE IT. I wish I could get a new 200 or 300mm zoom lens for it though, I only have the 18-55mm lens that came with it (and a cheap but fun fish eye/macro lens). I also have a POS point and shoot thing that dips h i t bought me a long time ago. It's thick and beaten up and takes BAD pictures. I hate it. I want a new one cause there are some occasions where I want to take pictures, but don't want to risk breaking or have to lug around my Nikon. I want something small and cute to fit in my purse or pocket.

That reminds me....where is Amber??
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~275~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I also think that this challenge was a "wash" for me. I just need to find something to work towards. I do like the idea of the warrior dash. I will look for one around here for sure. Maybe my husband and I can do it together.

I think I am going to have to break down and get out the measuring cups and food scale. Obviously my "eye balling" has gotten off track. I am going back to basics. Grilled chicken and/or fish, brown rice and loads of veggies. I got this.....I got this......I got this.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to update my excel spreadsheet before I left for work today, so I don't have specific names, but, if you haven't posted your weight yet, please do so by this evening. I'd like to get the new thread up later tonight/tomorrow?

Hot for Halloween? Any other suggestions?

This weekend went okay-- too fast. Friday I was in a funk, but Saturday, was improved. I enjoyed watching the UM-Notre Dame game, which was pretty anxiety-provoking, but enjoyable. I didn't eat the best this weekend, but am back to my lengthier walks with Emma again. Went on a coffee date yesterday with a new guy. I'm feeling more friends zone on this guy-- he's nice and we have a fair bit in common, but I'm not feeing the spark. Would like to hang out with him again. Has only been in town for about a year, so lots of places I could show him.

This week shouldn't be too horrid at work. Am trying to work on getting back into an exercise schedule now that I'm feeling better. Really want to commit to INSANITY and see what sort of results I get.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • mrslrichard
    mrslrichard Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm back on page 7 catching up on all that I've missed, but wanted to jump ahead and weigh in for the week.

Weigh in.......................drumroll.................199!! Wooohooo.

Will be back after i've caught up on all the posts. Thanks for the support in helping me get out of my slump.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Bobbie - I secretly LOVE the move-the-weight scales. I wish I had one for my house. I have a digital, and I really, really dislike it, but it was cheap and gets the job done. I so second needing another weekend day, too....

Hosanna - Yessssss <3 I LOVE Torrid, and I've got their 5% off or w/e for spending too damn much money there in addition to it! :O

Amy - Thanks! :) I wish my dog would run, but he was super-neglected and thus only wants to lay in his crate and go outside for just a few minutes. Sometimes I'll get a walk around a couple blocks with him, but he's mostly got no interest.

Lacey - Thanks! They probably won't notice. I think I have some spare Verizon phones (odd, because I've never been a Vz customer) if you need me to look. Also, you're crazy brave for getting your eyebrows done. I'm too big of a baby for that. What kind of camera are you looking at? (Photography is a superexciting hobby of mine!) I have a Canon Eos Digital Rebel (the original, so oldish, and relatively cheap) with a kit 18mm-55mm lens, and a 50mm f/1.8 prime lens. I'm hunting for a new lens for myself for Christmas, because I really need it before February anyhow. I do photography for our radio station (yeah, sounds odd, but people seem to love it) and there's a huge basketball tournament every February, and a zoom lens would make for MUCH better pictures.

Kristina - 279.6 :D

On the topic of cameras and thus pictures, have any of you heard of/used 365project.com? I've got an account there and have been taking at least a picture a day since early June. It's kind of a lot of fun and gives you a lot of opportunities to learn new things. Which reminds me, I need to find my picture for August 4th....

I just got the weirdest call here at work, too - "Um, I think my boss left his pants in your office this weekend." This conversation proceeded for about 3 minutes before he informed me the guy bought pants at a store up the block. Even better? The guy who has the missing pants is a politician.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Congrats Laura!!!! Twirls for you!!!

Lacey - my Bugg itself is working but now I have to plug it into the computer to download info. I miss the instant gratification of checking in real time. Hopefully they get a fix for the ap soon. I posted on ap site and reported technical problem to the website my subscription is from. Sorry to hear about the coffee incident.

I need to do more P90X. Friday night I put Ab Raper in for my friends. I'm still sore today. I get on / off the floor for work about 80 times a day and it hurts!!! My bike riding may be over for the year :( it's dark here at 7 am and it's been on the 40s. Tonight I have a 3 mile walk planned with mom and her dog. I booked the hotel for Friday and the Ferry passage for Sat. I'm getting excited since my race is this weekend. Time to get back to work...
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I don't really want to spend above $250 for a camera...some of the point and shoot cameras have good lenses on them these days with high quality zoom features, etc...so if you have any suggestions for something like that, let me know!!
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Laura: I hate to say this....but I TOLD YOU SO!!! WELCOME TO ONEDERLAND!!!! (I'm just kidding. Actually, I love to say "I told you so.") :wink:

Lacey: I am stuck in the stoneage as far as cameras go. I still chisel into stone. Well, that's what it feels like anyway. I have put a new camera on the Christmas list...we'll see if Hubby gets the picture. HA! Get it? picture... nevermind. The eyebrow/mani/pedi thing just sucks. Totally. I can't imagine you not saying anything, but maybe you are different in person. I know I am.

Man, I am in weird mood today.

Kristina: Glad you are back. We do miss you when you're gone. WI for this week: 185.0 (FAIL!) That's a 0.1 gain. DAMN!!

Amy: I would kill for cheesecake and onion rings right now. Oh, and I am going to IHOP to bury my face in a plate of fruit crepes with whipped cream. Wanna come?

Rain: Sorry bout the flooding!! That sucks, but I am SO GLAD you and yours are ok.

Hallie: *hugs*

Jessie: I just blew coffee all over my screen reading about the politician leaving his pants behind. O.M.Gsh! HOW FUNNY!!

On the docket today: I have to clean my house from company. I love them. I love having them, but I have two itty-bitties and they have a 16 year old. (Handy for babysitting, not handy for "we want to go do something during naptime.") I have known my friend ALL my life. My dad and her dad were best friends in the 1st grade and ever since. Her dad died 2 years ago and so we are making a huge effort to make sure we see each other more. She lives in Stockton, CA and I am in Vancouver, WA, so it's only a 12 hr drive. Wiggle is at Pre-K and Twinkle is engrossed in Barney...so I am off to have my a s s handed to me by Jillian Michaels. I'll check in with y'all later! Love ya!!
  • kmturtle3
    Options
    Food/drink wise, my weekend could not have been a bigger fail. I kid you not, I ate/drank almost 4000 calories on both Saturday and Sunday. And no workout on Sunday at all. Eek. I like when you hit your "complete this day" button and it tells you that "if every day were like today, you'd weigh 183 pounds in 5 weeks" Yeah... that would be 20 pounds. Holy crap. Holy, holy crap.

But I'm back today baby. Well, once I get some sleep it will all be a little better. We were at a concert last night and didn't get home until 2, so I was in bed about 2:30, and then up at 5:15 to be to work at 6. I'm hella sleepy/loopy. It sucks.

Hugs/love to all - I skimmed like crazy and it seems like there is all kinds of stress/drama going on out there. Hailie, I just want to give you a hug girlie, you seem so frustrated! Lacey, I want to punch all the service people who effed up what should have been things that make you feel relaxed and beautiful. Amy, I'm sorry the hubbs is gone again. Boo.

I have the GREATEST picture of my best friend and I with the entire band that we saw last night! Check it out!

Picture018.jpg

Okay, this week will AGAIN be crazy for me, so I'll do my best to keep up with everyone.

BIG SHOUT OUT TO LAURA WHO IS NOW A PROUD MEMBER OF ONEDERLAND! WAY TO GO GIRLIE!!!!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Laura- *twirls* Welcome to ONEderland! That alone is a challenge victory!

Kerry- you're looking super fierce in your picture *snaps*
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Kerry - you look fantastic!!!
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    good greif, i need to start checking in over the weekend, There was almost four whole pages to catch up on.

________________________________________281.8______________________________________

Lacey--so sorry to hear about the crappy manicure. I hate it when you go to a "professional" who has no clue what they're doing.

Amy--that sucks about him not getting to dog sitter like he said he would. One of my biggest peeves is when people don't do what they say--and as an extension of that--when they are not on time. If you say to meet somewhere at 3p.m. that means be there no later than 3, not 3:30, not 4...but at 3. It was always my luck to have friends and family who think 3 means what time they wake up/start getting ready/leave the house.

Jessie, Kendal, Lacey---i love nuetella. chocolate and hazelnuts it doesn't get any better than that. as for the cals. it has roughly the same as peanut butter. When I have it, I measure out one tblsp and then let it disolve in my mouth. yum yum yummy.

Jessi--the missing pants is so funny, imagine how that could go if taken out of context.

Laura--grats on Onederland.

as for me. it is going to be an insane day...I work in the attorney general's office as the assistant to two attorneys. On this floor there are six assistance divided up between 15 or so attorneys. When an assisant is out the rest of us pick up the slack. Today, there are only two assistants here. Me, and another woman (B) who is close to retirement (and works at a snail's pace--most of the attorneys are all bringing me their work just because B is so slow.) This will make for a somewhat chaotic day. :glasses: Good thing I thrive under pressure.

-Katheryne