200+ Haulin' Off The Weight

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Howdy do peeps! Happy flucking Friday!!

I totally just broke my f key, *kitten*. I don't know if i can fix it..

Today is appointment day - doctor for physical, hair and eyebrows waxed for first time, livingsocial coupon mani and pedi and also running around to get everything for G's birthday party tomorrow. Only ONE person has freaking RSVP'd...so I have no clue of the ten kids we invted if any are coming...grr.

Annette - I can understand that..Jeff seems to have accepted me going half way across the world and meeting up with Amy to spend a week with her but for a few months hes been not so cool about it. Gracie is only five so she doesn't quite get that, only that I am going on a work trip for longer than normal.

Karen - isn't that Myrlax nasty? Doctors always say "oh it only softens the poops" YEAY RIGHT! THere were a few times before I went to the Nd that I wanted to haul Gracie in her diaper into the pediatricians office and be like YOU clean that up. lol. Glad that wi fit is fun.

Rain - thats scarey. Living in Oregon we are very lucky...it rains about six months but rarely floods more than an inch or so. We don't get any of the natural disaster stuf...knock on wood, rabbit foot and anything else i need to do to keep that going.

Katherynne - that is great hubs ate the veggies for you.

I'm back down to 210.4 today - yeay. So I've been eating variations of mini crackwraps all week with plates of veggies at work cuz thats what I had and didn't log any food. No time. And now I need to get going. Have a good day1!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Bobbie- with you talking about North/South differences, I looked at your profile to see where you live. I FREAKING LIVE IN WINSTON-SALEM TOO!!! :bigsmile: that's just cool

I sent you a message about that when you said you went to Sci-works. It said that I only knew of one Sci-works.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Dood! I hate The Hubbs job sometimes. They've been talking for a week or two about him "maybe" going to England for a week but they didn't know when exactly. Guess who's flying out Sunday afternoon. I like 3 days notice...it's awesome.

Lacey: You know, it really never occurred to me that you could be a crazy psycho when you asked if anyone wanted to meet you in Paris. It wasn't until The Hubbs brought it up that I was like..."I guess she could be someone other than she says she is....but I don't think so...and I know how to call 911 in Europe"- it's 112, in case you were curious). It's been a non-issue ever since. And can I say...I am SUPER excited to meet you in PARIS!!!!!!!!!

Rain: I'm glad you're safe.

Bobbie & Kendal: You guys live in the same town??? How cool is that???
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry Bobbie! I don't remember getting that email and I can't find it in my email here. But I'm very forgetful and my email is only showing messages from September, and I know I rarely ever delete emails, so it could be a system glitch that it's not there.

But Yay! That's still really cool!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Yep, in the same town, and we could BOTH be psychos, which would be very dangerous for this sleepy city...lol
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Land o Lakes makes individually wrapped cheese snack packs that are freaking awesome. Its just a little rectangle of cheese (they have colby jack and cheddar flavors at my Walmart) and I just found them last weekend but I freaking LOVE IT. Finally found something so I don't always have to eat the same ol' string cheese for a snack.

Amy- that super sucks about the Hubbs getting shipped away again. How long will he be gone this time?

Lacey- YAY for lots of appointments and getting stuff done today!

I've met a lot of people (mostly guys) from online. There are definitely creeps out there, but I wouldn't be worried about meeting any of you in real life (as long as it's in a public place with lots of people around :wink: HAHAHA! :laugh:)
  • hkallembach
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Here is one of my senior pictures, it is phone quality from the book of proofs. Once we order we are only allowed around 4-6 pictures for digital proofs to put on Facebook and such. LAME.

But I wanted to share with you lovies! Plus, my class is canceled--I am not bad a s s enough to skip class. Bahahahahhahaha.

2011-09-07_14-36-44_764.jpg

Kendal: What is your favorite country song/singer? :smile: hahahahaha, I felt the need to apologize since I've been so freakin' negative lately!

Rain: How bad is flooding? Yikes, I would be scared s h i tless of hurricaneish weather. Haha, that story made me smile but I would of been had no patience left either.

Amy: Hahahha, I've been so negative lately so it's a change of pace! :drinker: Bahahahhahaha, me silly!!? Neeeevvvvveeerrrrr! :laugh: Yay for healthy brownies and evil grins!

Bobbie: I so want to live on the East coast/Southern part of the States when I grow up. *kitten*. I am an adult but ya know what I mean! :smile:

Lacey/Amy: I am so jealous you people are meeting up. I see a good point about crazy phsyco people but aren't we all one deep down because we all love each other here and there is no such thing as TMI!? :smile:

Everyone: Don't take this the wrong way, you people are like my best friends/second mothers in a sense because it is sooooo easy to talk with ya'll! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Plus, it is Friday. Therefore, I have personal training. H e l l to the yes! Chickas, I have a lot of s p a c e y words in the message! BAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHA! I am easily entertained! :laugh:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm alive-- I was pretty far into a post when the power went out here at work, so this might be a bit shorter...

Kendal- please don't message!bomb me. I'm alive! Amy, thanks for the "where the hell are you" message as well. It's nice to see that I'm not forgotten if I don't post for a few days.

Firstly, this is the last week of this challenge. Does anyone have suggestions for the next challenge name? I'll post this challenge's results in the new thread of the new challenge (early next week).

So update on my end. Last weekend I was in the philly area for a wedding of a childhood friend. My family and two other families were really close.. all the kids born around the same time, parents all worked for the same company. We've since dispersed around the country, but see each other every once in a while. It was nice to see everyone. The wedding was lovely (pics on fb), but as with most weddings I attend now, I always start off chipper, but end up pretty melancholy by the end of the event. As I get older, everyone seems to be paired off. Very few unattched individuals at the wedding. Was even more evident when they did this pairs dance with all the married couples, and the it was like a graveyard at the reception tables. Blech. I try and not let it get to me, but by the end of the evening, I was a little grumpypants, but tried not to show it.

I think the plane travel (I've flown a lot recently), plus the rapid swing in temperature, cause me to catch a cold. I was out of the office the last two days and I'm still not over it. So the exercise hasn't been happening. Plus it's been rainy and dreary, which means I haven't been walking as far either. I haven't stepped on a scale in about 2 weeks. i don't think I've gained much/any weight, but how tight my biggest pants I still have in my closet feel on me, I haven't lost any. Once the cold remedies, I'm back on the insanity train. I want to see how much I can lose before my 30th bday (december).

So yes, I'm alive. I apologize that I haven't posted. You all have been in my thoughts! hugs and kisses around!
  • navajoon
    Options
    Ughhhhhhhhh... Is it the weekend yet? Seriously, everything has me in a rage today (like I looked at an acquaintance's craftblog and the fact that she's so put together sent me into an enormous rant with my best friend)... the following story being why:

Had the WORST night last night. Went to a couple friends' house for dinner and chatting. We started playing Trivial Pursuit and drinking (I had 2 glasses of wine, no big, but I can't say the same for my friend). Friend at one point was laughing so hard at a joke that he fell out of his effing chair and bashed his head on the tile. Let me just say that I watch a lot of surgery shows, and the knot on his head is by far the scariest thing I've every seen. He was immediately knocked out, then when we got him awake just started barfing like crazy... long story short, 911, ambulance, hospital, catscan, finally discharged at like 2:30 in the morning with a "holy crap that's a giant hematoma, but you'll be ok, just take a crapload of ibuprofen." Thank God.

Now, if this weren't an awful enough situation, I had Joe completely drunk with me, being the most irritating idiot ever. Normally, it's okay, he's drunk and silly, whatever. But with the situations combined I wanted to strangle him. At one point, we went to the cafeteria so he can get a coffee, and we're sitting there and he's like "how many times have you been there for friends X and Y and how often have they been there for you?" And I just yelled at him "How is this appropriate right now?!" and went storming out. Yes, darling... thank you for pointing out that I'm an effing doormat in the middle of all this. GAH. Anyway, we didn't get home till 3:30am, then I had to get up and go to work... I'm still SO irritated with him this morning.

Further irritation stems from the fact that I'll have absolutely no time to myself this weekend. Have to go to a baby shower and possibly a funeral for a man I've never even met (a friend's grandfather if my mom's guilt wins) tomorrow, and Sunday I have to go to a friend's mom's house because she's in town and they're having a lunch for her so everyone can meet the baby... UGH. If Joe wants to go out tonight, I'm just going to find a chair and sleep in it. :yawn:

Amy, hilarious about your hubs and the nordic accent markings... totally doesn't work that way, but it'll automatically make his name look funny. Love your story about the inspiring song and how you've turned things around. You're so inspiring, it's ridiculous.

KatheryneLynne, it's SO sweet that your hubs tried the brussel sprouts. What a trooper. He totally loves you to bits.

Crystal, Welcome Back!!!

Victoria, Yay for revamped hair! I used to have mine boy short but now it's about at the middle of my shoulderblades. The longest it's ever been in my life! I'm starting to get the itch to chop though. Joe loves loves loves it long. We'll see who wins. :happy:

Rain, that story about the supermarket is hilarious. What an idiot.

Hallie, that pic is SO cute! You look totally adorable.

Lacey/Amy, I think it's awesome that y'all are meeting up. I was meeting lots of folks from the interwebs a few years back, but I've kinda slowed that down. But one of my best friends is a girl I met in a chatroom online 10 years ago! We live in totally different states, but still try to visit each other whenever possible. My first internet meetup was almost enough to turn me off from it completely, but they got better. (Guy sent majorly doctored up picture, turned out to be a troll with some manner of social disorder. YIKES!). Anyway, I know y'all are going to have an amazing time!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Victoria - I love having short hair. Once in a while I get bored with it, grow it out, then realize I was SO meant for short hair and chop it all off again. Currently in a grow-out phase right now. :P

Hailie - My top 2 songs? Kick Out The Jams by Presidents of the USA, and Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk. Hot Chelle Rae's Tonight Tonight is kind of a close 3rd though. :P I do a little country from time to time though. :) I work in a radio station that plays "adult contemporary," and I think if I have to hear Katy Perry or Lady Gaga one more time my ears might bleed. I used to enjoy Katy Perry, but I get really burnt out on a lot of what we play really quick. Also, your senior pic is AWESOME.

Rain - Sorry you had to deal with that lady! Stay safe!!

Kendal - I think him inspiring you so much is adorable. :)

Amy - I took care of my younger brothers for a few years, and my baby brother needed cupcakes for school for St. Patrick's Day. I baked whole wheat, sugar free cupcakes with low-carb cookies and turned them into little leprechaun hats. They never knew the difference! Also, I actually met Nerd online, and when we went to meet everyone was like, "OMG! What if she tries to kill you, or is really a guy, or something?!" Everyone he knew was all super-paranoid I'd bring him here and kill him or something, but people in my world were just excited. :P I tend to not be afraid of things I "should" be (basically, I fear almost nothing logical, except bees and heights), so maybe that's why strangers on the internet don't scare me at all. :P

My boss just sat on the bench across from my desk and said, "About our website, can we..." and I had to laugh. It doesn't matter what it is, I'll find a way to do it; the website is kind of my baby, and if he gives me the freedom to do it how I want (which he always does) then of course I'll find a way to put up whatever he wants.

I've lost 6 pounds since I was in the doctor's office on the 23rd! :D Yay for getting off my fat butt!!!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Nava: Holy crap, that is one hellacious night you had!! I'm glad your friend wasn't seriously damaged but it's a major bummer that drunk Joe wasn't very helpful (drunk anybody tends to not be very useful). You better take a nap, girl or you're gonna pass out!

Kristina: Yay!!! I love to see you posting. I'm sorry you're sick. The pics from that wedding were beautiful, what a lovely location! My sister in law has the same reaction at weddings, she's 38 and single and lives in Salt Lake City (where people all seem to be married by age 21). I'm sorry that you were bummed.

Hailie: Nice pic! You're right, we're all a bit crazy around here but there's a big difference between "a little off" and "kill you in your sleep" kinds of crazy.:laugh:

Kendal: He'll only be gone till Thursday night. I told him there was no chance in Hell that he'd be gone long enough to screw up my Paris plans so he had better make it work out...dammit. He was supposed to go somewhere in the Mediterranean after the England trip (like back-to-back) but it would mess with my trip so he's gonna have to do it after I get back.

I got my test results. I got a B in Biochemistry and A's in Nutrition and Anatomy & Physiology. YAY!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    Let me be yet another person to say TGIF... I fell asleep at like 8 last night and didn't even roll over til the alarm went off at 6 this morning. My bladder was about to burst :) (TMI i know)

Nava---that night sound truly horrible. And don't look at it as if you're a doormat. I used to accuse my mother of being a doormat for my aunt until she explained that she didn't do things because Connie (my aunt) wanted her to, she did them because it made her (my mother) feel happy to know she could help/be there when she was needed. So...If you are like my mom, then you're not being a doormat, you're making yourself happy by helping others.

Amy---grats on the grades, I always hated my science and math classes. I was more of a liberal arts person myself, so i'm in awe of anyone that can understand all that other stuff. :)

Jessi---I met my husband on-line. For all the weeks before we met in person I didn't tell anyone we were talking (this was a decade ago, and where I'm from internet relationships were really frowned upon then). When we finally met, it was in an airport. Again, none of my family or friends knew about it We met in an airport so I figured I was safe enought that if he scared me I could get security. Plus this was immediatly after 9/11 so there was plenty of security.(stupid I know, but I was young, and assumed I be able to tell a psycho from a normal person--thankfully i was lucky and i got a gem.)

On that note, my husband is still being sweet. Apparently all I needed was to get really really mad. Last night he actually volunteered to help cook dinner (the only time he usually comes in the kitchen to to grab food or take out the trash). So he browned the meat while i made homemade red potatoe chips. Then this morning he fed the cat while I was washing up from breakfast. Now, don't get me wrong, DH is not a lay-about, he does all the laundry, and takes out all the trash, but in ten years he has never cooked and seldom feeds the cat. It has been a nice surprise.

-Katheryne
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    How about "Hot for Halloween" or "Halloween Hotties"... It has to be Halloween or Pumpkin themed based on the recent conversations.

Hallie - you look fantastic!!!

Amy - that sucks about him leaving.

Lacey - drooling over the mani/pedi...

Kendal and Bobbie - yeah for living close!!! Hopefully, you'll get a chance to meet someday.

Kristina - hope you feel better soon. Are you going to run Detroit this year? We should pick a race to run in the spring. It could be a shorter race or even a mud run/warrior dash.

Karen - sorry hear Melody's honey is still in trouble. You'll close and be moving pretty soon. The 22nd isn't that far off.

Kerry - If we run in the spring, will you join us?

Nava - welcome to "pre-married" life. It doesn't get better the longer your together - drunk men just act like idiots. As to your friend with the bump - does he have someone staying with him? Or checking on him every hour? I get concerned over it turning into a subdural hematoma... Some should be checking to make sure he is speaking clearly and processing well - make him count backwards from 100 by 7s. If any sign of slurred speech or poor processing, get him back to the hospital.

My free time is gone - it's time to get back to work. Only 2 more clients then it's the WEEKEND!!!!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Amy - Good job on your tests!!!

Nava - I agree with Katheryne! But be sure to be taking care of yourself while you're looking out for other people, please.

Katheryne - Internet relationships are still really frowned upon here, but we spent well over a year on Skype as much as possible (I can Skype at work), and because of that, when we finally moved in together it wasn't difficult at all, because we'd been spending so much time together even long distance. We'd even mastered the art of "dinner and a movie" Skype dates in the end. I honestly think we worry a bit TOO much about "internet predators" and the like - and no internet predator is going to spend years developing a relationship just to kill the person when they get there or something, kwim? Glad your hubby is still being sweet! :D

My week has been all screwy. Wednesday felt like Thursday. Thursday felt Wednesday. Today feels like Tuesday. Idk. Car show tomorrow, so I'm excited to get out, walk around, and take a TON of pictures. I'm afraid Nerd might get bored, because I'm much more into cars and tools and the like than he is.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Katherine - I meant to say he must really love you if he ate spouts!!! Can you get him to give my husband cat feeding lessons?

Amy - twirls on the test scores!!!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Amy- CONGRATULATIONS!!! Fantastic job on your finals!! Glad the Hubbs won't mess up Paris for you.

Jessi- congrats on the 6 pounds lost already! that's awesome!! I'm also sick of Katy Perry, Kesha, Britney, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus and any other female artist who has crappy, sex filled lyrics in their songs. I can't stand the version of "E.T." by Katie Perry and....is it Kanye?, where in his rap he talks about "Imma disrobe you, then I'm gonna probe you, See I abducted you so I tell you what to do...." Hello??? Am I the only one who thinks that amounts to kidnapping and rape??? *sigh* I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, but I love that she's an awesome role model for young girls and give her mad props for maintaining her class and self respect in a world that begs her to be bad. And I love Selena Gomez. She's not a big music artist (although I do have a copy of her cd) but she's just cute as a button.

Nava- Holy crap balls! That is a pretty *kitten* t y night! You'd think all that happening would sober Joe up a little. And if you want time for yourself this weekend, it doesn't sound like you are REQUIRED at any of those events. I know what it's like to always be there for everyone, but sometimes you (and I) need to realize that it's not a big deal if you take a step back and not show up for something.

Kristina- YAY!!!! YOU'RE BACK!!!! :bigsmile: It's been 2 long years with you girl, I'm not letting you stop now! Sorry the wedding was such a downer for you. Do you have any more trips coming up soon?

Hallie- cute picture!!! they never gave us full body pictures in school...basically chest up stuff. no clue what my fav country singer/group is. I like a lot.....here's some on my playlist: Eric Church, The Band Perry, Lady A, Blake Shelton (God Gave me You is the BEST SONG EVER), Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Joe Nichols, Trace Adkins, Sugarland, Josh Thompson, Josh Turner, Justin Moore, Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan, Little Big Town, LeAnn Rimes, Jake Owen, Darius Rucker (he does well as a country artist, hated him in Hootie and the Blowfish).........and I still talk about "when I grow up I wanna....." lol

Katheryne- that's so sweet that the hubby is helping you more in the house and around the kitchen.

The weather has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL the past couple days. It's in the 80s but there is a teeny tiny chill in the air so it's super comfortable and PERFECT for driving around with the top down. I LOVE IT.

As for challenge name suggestion...."Here we go again" lol
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Jessie - have fun at the car show. My FIL just bought a '69 SS Chevelle. It's fun taking it to car shows or just riding in it.

I love anything by Blake Shelton - my fav song is Austin...
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Rain, I'm glad you're safe! Hopefully you won't be stranded for long. You story about the deli is crazy! In those situations I always want to say something, like "Look who's being judgemental, Ms. smoking-brownie eater," but I never have the nerve to actually say things like that. :laugh:

Karen, I like the Wii Fit Plus too. I haven't done it in awhile, but I always have fun when I do!

Hailie, I love your senior picture!

Victoria, My bf likes long hair too...in fact, it seems like all the guys I've been in relationships prefer longer hair. But like you said, they don't have to take care of it! I'd like to see a picture of yours; I'm sure it's super cute!

Megan, you and I are both about the same distance away from onederland...how great is it to think that we should be there by the holidays?!

Lacey, good luck with the party, and yay for the scale going down!

Kendal, I'll have to look for that cheese. I recently found some little garlic & herb cheese triangles by Laughing Cow that are a great snack on whole wheat crackers...yum. Enjoy your weather this weekend!

Kristina, going to a wedding without a date is no fun. Been there, done that, and I feel your pain. Hope you feel better soon!

Nava, holy cow, talk about a crazy game night! I'm glad that your friend is okay. I had the same thing happen to me once when I met a guy from online too...how do these guys not think about the fact that showing a doctored up picture might not be the best way to start a dating relationship?

Jessi, yay for a 6 pound loss! That's a fantastic start!

Katheryne, yay for a helping hubby!

Amy, congrats on the great grades and for being so close to a size 10! That's awesome! The changes you've made in your life to get healthy are so inspirational. I know what you mean about music moving you too. I like just about every genre of music there is, and I pick what I want to listen to based on my mood. Usually when I'm working out I like to listen to fast, heavy stuff that gets me all pumped up. Songs that "yell at me" to keep me in line and remind me what I working towards get a heavy rotation. :smile: There's a song I like called "Tear it Down" by a band called Hatebreed that is on my workout mix...here's a sample of those lyrics: "How much longer? How much more? Until you gain some self respect. For once, just stand the *kitten* up and fight! Confront and shatter everything that stands in your way. Every burden every source of strife. TEAR IT DOWN. Every cage every f*cking vice. TEAR IT DOWN. Distorted notions of who you are. TEAR IT DOWN. Imposed values and beliefs.TEAR IT DOWN. TEAR IT DOWN NOW!" I can't help but move a little faster when I hear that come on my iPod!

Two more hours to go....I can't wait for the weekend! The WVU football game is tomorrow and the Steelers play on Sunday, so I know I'll be eating pizza on at least one of those days. Oh boy. Give me strength.
  • navajoon
    Options
    Amy, I'm seriously considering walking down to my boss's office and explaining the situation to see if I can go home early. (At worst, I could use 3 hours of vacation time, but he's normally pretty cool about stuff like that)

KatheryneLynne, that's a wonderful way to put it. It does make me happy to be there for my friends, even if they don't always reciprocate treatment. I know it upsets Joe because he cares about me and sees how stressed I get sometimes as a result, but it's just kinda who I am.

Victoria, my friend's wife is at home with him. It was pretty scary when we got him awake and were waiting for the ambulance. He couldn't remember his wife's birthday.... struggled REALLY hard to come up with what year it was... my goodness. Scary, scary stuff. Thank goodness Joe was there with me at the house, drunk or not, because she was a mess... I wouldn't have been able to handle it by myself.

Kendal, funny thing about the Joe sobering up issue... right when it happened it was like he snapped right out of it and his emergency training (for his job) flipped on and he was totally on the ball. As soon as we sat in the car, I think the adrenaline left and the booze took back over. Too right though about needing to accept that the world won't end if we don't show up for something. That's definitely something I need to work on for myself, for sure.

Pam, you mean you're NOT supposed to build a relationship on lies? :tongue: That was like back in 2000, it seems to me that people are a lot more honest about their appearance on the internet nowadays than they were back then.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Nava: I think you should ask for the day off, even if you need to spend some vacation time, going through that kind of hell takes its toll on the body.

Pam: I am not normally a "hard' music listener but I have Drowning Pool's "Bodies" and a bit of Rob Zombie and White Zombie on my running play list too - they get me going (and sometimes shouting, which keeps me going).

Victoria (and anyone else who likes Blake Shelton): I don't listen to country music, I've just never been down with it. But I watched The Voice earlier this year and Blake was one of the coaches and I really just fell in LOVE with him on that show. He's so sweet and down to earth, I just wanted to hug him by the time the whole thing was over. BTW- I don't think I could count backwards from 100 by 7's even if I was sober and didn't have a head injury!! :laugh:

Kendal: Yeah, the Kanye lyrics on ET sound like abduction and rape to me.

Jessi: This week has me screwed up too. Monday was a day off but somehow the week feels LONGER than normal (maybe cuz I was sick and studying for finals...I don't know).

Katheryne: I love when The Hubbs does guilt induced cleaning!!! (it doesn't happen that often though)

I think I caught up with everyone and now I gotta turn in so I can get up at 0-dark-30 to go to the soccer double header. I forgot that the thing I hate the most about sports seasons is the loss of my Saturday morning sleep-time. :grumble: The things we put up with for our kidlins'.