Something positive I did to love me today! Please add!

Options
12346»

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Well I think this is an NSV I got to the end of the first day of school today and I WAS NOT exhausted!!!!!:drinker: I even went to the gym-I did not let me talk myself out of it because I didn't want to start the school year off with an excuse, and I worked out for an hour and I had taken a walk earlier today plus did the challenge for today on the LTL challenge. Okay so after all that, plus grocery shopping and a trip to the library I'm beat but I think that is to be expected. I am proud of me.:bigsmile:

cmcgale- these nice comments to yourself really will add up and the negative ones will become more rare. Good for you for being nice to yourself!:flowerforyou:

gerink- glad you are okay, that hurricane was a doosy!:flowerforyou:
  • ieuanfw
    ieuanfw Posts: 19
    Options
    All forms of graditude are wonderful. It seems easy to give great praise to someone else or about something in our lives, But, we hardly every praise ourselves. What a shame. I think your post will open up a lot of eyes and make us reevaluate ourselves and begin thinking "WE ARE WORTHY"
    Today, I was thinking of what to have for lunch so started looking at various things posssible. Finally decided on Salmon patties. Was considering what was in them and thought, WOW I don't want to eat all that sodium and other nasty things, so decided to make up my own receipe.
    I took two cans of salmon [next time fresh] 3 large eggs, 1/2 cup of Red Mill 7 grain cereal, 1/2 cup flax seed, 1/2 large onion, and a bit of pepper. Fried the patties in a teaspoon of Garlic oil and a teaspoon of Ginger oil. Made about 12 nice size patties and not one unhealthy ingredient in it.
    So my praise to myself is look at what I'm eating and make it better, and I did.

Anyone wanting to friend me please feel free to do so. Nest to graditude - friends are most important
  • ieuanfw
    ieuanfw Posts: 19
    Options
    Today I created a new post: Secret of the Ages. Each day I will try to add a new motovational message to encourage all of us to do better in our daily lives, both to ourselves and to others.

Todays quote is: When you find your purpose, it is like your heart has been set alight with passion. You know it absolutely, without any doubt.

May the joy be with you,
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning friends.

Had a rough start to my week already. One of my staff member's husband passed away and the funeral was yesterday. This morning we learned that another staff member's mother just passed away. :cry: We are a small office, so this really hits home - I think there are 12 of us, and 4 physicians. So, when something like this happens, we are all deeply affected. The lady that just lost her mom is also my neighbour and a dear friend.

MY BFF is here, as she came up for the funeral yesterday. So, it was great to see her, and we did go for a run together yesterday. That is what we did to be kind to ourselves. Went home and had a nice glass of wine. :blushing:

The week can only get better - right?

Have a wonderful day all. :flowerforyou:
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    All the new faces here is so awesome! As I was re-reading some of the posts, thinking I should say hello to each new person, I couldn't help but think how diverse we are. We are all over the country, all different family dynamics, ages, shapes, sizes, personailties, lives. That is just the coolest thing ever! Diversity at it's best! And the interesting thing about that is, how boring it would be if we were all the same....so we should be proud of ourselves and our individuality!!! We are all so amazing!!! Kind of like that song...."Everyone is beautiful, in our own way" You are all, each one, beautiful!

So 'hello' to everyone!

Today, I made a workout schedule. I included a few classes at the gym, my general workout at the gym, walks, tennis with the hubby, and night where time is an issue. That felt great! I did work out last night at the gym and will work out at home tonight.

Good job all!
  • sandyj07
    sandyj07 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I've been away for a few days but I'm back. The girls and I went home for the weekend. My husband and I are living 200 miles apart right now as he tries to sell our house and move with us. I got to see my mom, she's has been very sick the passed year and we are lucky to still have her with us. Monday and today I was home with a sick child and ate myself silly. I am back on track tomorrow!! I've been getting a walk in daily but not very long because the girls don't do well and so my walks are short. I'm gonna keep chugging away:smile: Now it's to bed. Have a great day tomorrow, I plan to. Sandy
  • gerink
    gerink Posts: 50
    Options
    Sandy - hope your child is feeling better today. Good luck selling the house, etc. I have been there and it is not easy. Do you haVe some exercise tapes you can put one when you are with your kids? That may help you do something for you, (the kids can join in) and keep away from the food. It use to help me. It is another beautiful day here - something unusual as I am still trying to get use to this area (I'm from the MIdwest and the EAst Coast is not my cup of tea). Managed to get out and run/walk this AM and sent in my volunteer application at the local animal shelter. Hope everyone has a great day - just take that 5 minutes out, close your eyes and be glad to be here. :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Saw the doctor that prescribed this assignment of being my best friend and he was very proud of my progress and said the scale was lying to me. I have gained 9 pounds since I saw him a month ago and I am exercising more and eating very well so he looked at my body composition and he said I am less fat and more muscle than last month percentage wise and he thinks that muscle is holding on to a lot of fluid because my water percentage is considerably higher than it was at the end of July. So see the scale really can lie!:laugh:

Nice for myself today was not berating myself for the number on the scale when I can say with all honesty that I have been doing everything the way I should. I saw the number and was a little upset but I didn't beat myself up and after meeting with the doctor after school for my appt really glad I didn't.:bigsmile:
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Saw the doctor that prescribed this assignment of being my best friend and he was very proud of my progress and said the scale was lying to me. I have gained 9 pounds since I saw him a month ago and I am exercising more and eating very well so he looked at my body composition and he said I am less fat and more muscle than last month percentage wise and he thinks that muscle is holding on to a lot of fluid because my water percentage is considerably higher than it was at the end of July. So see the scale really can lie!:laugh:

Nice for myself today was not berating myself for the number on the scale when I can say with all honesty that I have been doing everything the way I should. I saw the number and was a little upset but I didn't beat myself up and after meeting with the doctor after school for my appt really glad I didn't.:bigsmile:

More muscle and less fat! Sounds pretty darn awesome to me! I would say that deserves an Atta Girl!!

The last time I was at the hospital with mom, a nurse told me that a natural diuretic is drinking lemon water. Mom has a lot of fluid retention in her lower legs. I was told as you get older, your blood circulation in your lower legs and feet becomes poor and the water in the cells tend to collect there because they can't make it all the way back up the leg. That is why they are constantly telling her to elevate her legs above her heart. They don't want to give her water pills because she tends to dehydrate then. So...lemon water it is. The nurse that told me that said she worked in a nursing home for a long time and the lemon water never failed them.
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    The thing I did to love me yesterday was Zumba! Worked out really hard and high impact and it felt great!

Today, I turned down a breakfast burrito from the sales meeting! Ya for me! My blueberry granola bar was delish!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I used to use lemon water but it bothered my stomach after a little while using it now I know why, I found out I am allergic to lemon.:grumble: I am taking Chickweed capsules and they seem to be helping and I am working on getting my sodium down. I eat really low carb and that is hard to do and keep low in sodium. He told me to up the fat and lower the protein and that should help lower the sodium intake so I am going to try that this week.

Last night my sis and I went a neighbor's party and we danced and had a great time it was so nice to just spend time with people. I have felt pretty isolated since moving to Las Vegas since I only know the people I work with and my sister. It was nice to do something with people on a weekend. People think I am crazy when I say that because I live in a party 24hr town but I am not a partier I miss the family gatherings the most and last night was nice.:bigsmile:
  • gerink
    Options
    Nice day here - got my run/walk in today and getting ready to do the aerobics DVD. I can relate to your feelings about Las Vegas. I recently moved to New Jersey and am still trying to establish myself. Family and friends are back in St Louis and it has been a bit difficult to get used to things out here. Have signed up for a Yoga class and some ministries at my church to get to know people which I hope will help. Also joined the Book Club at the library - maybe some of these ideas will work for you. :smile:
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Was in the same boat a few years back. A friend here on MFP suggested I check out meetup.com . They have tons of different activity groups in everyones area. I joined a book club and a social club that just got together to do different things in my town. We met for dinner, fitness classes, coffee, walks, bike rides, festivals, movies, museums. It was a lot of fun! It was also election year so I volunteered for a candidate and had a great time with that too. I was in a very isolated situation and because of an incident in a relationship, I was on the verg of depression. It pulled me right back up on my feet! Check it out...you might find something you would enjoy.

My weekend was busy and productive. I canned 42 quarts of Pickles! lol
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    pickadilly- I joined a couple of groups on meetup.com but seems they never do anything or they schedule things and no one signs up.:grumble: Might look through again and try to find a more active group.

gerink- I do need to find a church I can really be a part of I have tried several here and just haven't gotten very active in them. I used to be in the choir and taught Sunday school and a lot of other things in Virginia, just haven't done that here and need to.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!!

I am back from vacation and had a wonderful time. Have been busy trying to play catch up at home, work and my work out schedule, but have been so tired! I've been in bed by 9 - 9:30 every night.
    Yesterday, I did finally go work out at the gym and then did my run....after 3 days of nothing but bad eating and no exercise.

I have not had time to read through the posts, but certainly hope I get a chance to this weekend.
    Hope all my friends are doing well and being kind to yourselves.

:flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Okay I guess as you can see school is back in session and I have forgotten about me. So something I did positive for me was to talk myself out of talking myself out of going to the gym. I was all set to just head home Monday but then my rational self took over and I passed my exit for home and kept going to the next one that would take me to the gym. I felt like Jello but much better about myself after I went. Yay me!:drinker: