30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• joimichele
    Options
    HI everyone! Going on a small vacation. Will still be doing shred. Check back in when I am able.
  • statia152
    Options
    evening all... just thought ide pop by and let u all know Jayne ain't scared me off ...lol
    got a bit of a cold coming and ain't really been on to chat ... just been doing my diary and stuff, im doing well with 30ds on day 4 today (which i ain't done yet) but i did play the just dance game on wii which was really fun and a good exercise

when doing the 30ds i hate the star jumps and skipping rope as it puts pressure on my bad knee but i am trying to cope with it....
    i find doing the sit ups much easier
    gonna see if i can get a knee brace tomoz for support
    x

What are you doing on Level 3? Are you physically fit enough to do that? If the star jumps and skipping rope are too much, just sub with another cardio move. I really like that ice skating move (L2), the boxing bit and jumping jacks. Whatever you do, don't do anything that you think will cause an injury. If you have bad knees, follow Anita and do the modified moves. It will still melt away the inches. Sorry about the cold, hopefully it will be over soon. :)
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    oi jayne get that stick away from me! haha glad everyone is doing well :D

xxxxx
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Morning all.

My day 3 is all done. Level 2 is a really good workout, Can't believe how much I sweat with this level.

Sorry Monkey, pointy stick has been put away......................... For now. :tongue:

Just wondered if anyone has problems with hitting their daily calories? I always seem to be way under even though It seems like I don't stop eating.

And another thing, When I eat a meal, say lunch for instance, by the time it's dinner time I feel all full and bloated as if I have just pigged out and eaten a full meal.
    Anyone hazard a guess as to what could be causing this?

Anyway, It's a gorgeous day and I'm feeling good.... Hope everyone else is too. :bigsmile:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Morning all.

My day 3 is all done. Level 2 is a really good workout, Can't believe how much I sweat with this level.

Sorry Monkey, pointy stick has been put away......................... For now. :tongue:

Just wondered if anyone has problems with hitting their daily calories? I always seem to be way under even though It seems like I don't stop eating.

And another thing, When I eat a meal, say lunch for instance, by the time it's dinner time I feel all full and bloated as if I have just pigged out and eaten a full meal.
    Anyone hazard a guess as to what could be causing this?

Anyway, It's a gorgeous day and I'm feeling good.... Hope everyone else is too. :bigsmile:

i hardly ever get close to my calorie goal tbh hun, today is the closest because i am having a domino's pizza for tea lol

xxx
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Oh I love Domino's "dribble"
    They are just gorgeous....... yum!

Yeah, I have a hard time sometimes, Yesterday I was nowhere near, I even had a cornetto and a mars bar (felt ill after the mars :sick: ) and I was still under.... Oh well, I hope today is the same because it's friday and I have a bottle of Black Tower white wine in the fridge. :bigsmile:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Oh I love Domino's "dribble"
    They are just gorgeous....... yum!

Yeah, I have a hard time sometimes, Yesterday I was nowhere near, I even had a cornetto and a mars bar (felt ill after the mars :sick: ) and I was still under.... Oh well, I hope today is the same because it's friday and I have a bottle of Black Tower white wine in the fridge. :bigsmile:

Yeah i dont have a treat that often and coz i feel a bit rubbish about not losing im gunna have one and then get back to losing :) and ive gone online and seen how much calories the one i want is so i know i can have it :D enjoy your black tower! hehe xxx

xxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Jayne ~ there are higher calorie healthy snacks you can eat: Nuts, peanut butter, whole eggs, avocados (guacamole), cheeses ...
    And the reason you need to eat a min of 1200 cals is your body needs fuel to function. Like a car without gas, you can't expect it to go. I have the opposite problem: I want to eat more, so its a struggle for me to stay under 1300 - 1500.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Jayne ~ there are higher calorie healthy snacks you can eat: Nuts, peanut butter, whole eggs, avocados (guacamole), cheeses ...
    And the reason you need to eat a min of 1200 cals is your body needs fuel to function. Like a car without gas, you can't expect it to go. I have the opposite problem: I want to eat more, so its a struggle for me to stay under 1300 - 1500.

i try to eat nuts and eggs, i may try and up my calories with eggs in the morning or something see if that helps xxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Monkey ~ Did you get a trim or a whole new hair style? Just curious :)
  • DARK3STANG3L
    Options
    Hi statia im not on level 3 babe, im on level 1 day 5 today ....
    i got knee support of my doctor as i know know my left knee is deteriating (arthritis) she told me to stick at it, but if my knee aches to give it a miss for a few day ..... but saying that i would just miss out the stuff that puts pressure on my knee and just do the sit up etc
  • DARK3STANG3L
    Options
    i aint had black tower in ages Jayne and is really fancying a bottle now :sad:
  • statia152
    Options
    Hi statia im not on level 3 babe, im on level 1 day 5 today ....
    i got knee support of my doctor as i know know my left knee is deteriating (arthritis) she told me to stick at it, but if my knee aches to give it a miss for a few day ..... but saying that i would just miss out the stuff that puts pressure on my knee and just do the sit up etc

My mistake sweetie. As I get older, my memory gets all boggled up :smile: Just go slow and easy, it will still do the job.
  • jadieee123
    Options
    Hii all!

Did my second day of the shred today, I still sweat buckets but I didn't stop as often as yesterday, and there was no feeling sick! Yesterday, by the time the second set of jumping jacks came along I was just about ready to die but today I flew through them! My main problem at the moment is the push ups, I have zero upper body strength so I find this part extremely difficult! Hope everyone is well!

xxx
  • thiscanbedone
    thiscanbedone Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hii all!

Did my second day of the shred today, I still sweat buckets but I didn't stop as often as yesterday, and there was no feeling sick! Yesterday, by the time the second set of jumping jacks came along I was just about ready to die but today I flew through them! My main problem at the moment is the push ups, I have zero upper body strength so I find this part extremely difficult! Hope everyone is well!

xxx
    Ditto for me!! I feel as if I am doing something wrong with the push ups like I don't know where to keep my hands ( how wide?) and seriously very poor upper body strength.
    But completed my day 2 of shred even though I had to workout late at night as friends came over but I did it!!!
    For now I am not counting calories as I am following Paul McKenna's style of eating basically intuitive. So can't really tell whether I am above or below 1200 Jayne...... But yes I am eating much less in quantity and more balanced in variety.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Let me ask you girls a question: When was the last time you did push ups? Before 30 DS, I hadn't done a push up in 10 years or so since Karate classes with my daughter (and i was 60 pounds lighter). If its almost impossible to do modified push ups on your knees, do them on a chair or a wall. *google wall / chair push ups* As long as you feel the muscles working in your chest, biceps and triceps, you're good. I am almost 230 pounds, and that's alot of weight to push up, so don't worry, it will get better. The best thing about 30DS is you actually see how much you improve from the beginning of each level. And if you really want to get better, it only takes a minute to drop and do a few throughout the day.

Isha ~ Start with hands out wider than your shoulders, basic rule: the wider your hands, the "easier" to do. I was trying to do them with my hands together to firm up my triceps (can't do now with my elbow). Even if you go down half way to the floor, you'll feel it.

I forgot Hubby was taking the laptop to a charity event he was working and then he went to DJ at the club, so my logging ended at 11:00 am. I did walk, I did do wood, but without the computer, I couldn't do 30 DS! So today I will tackle level 2!
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Hi guys.
    30ds L2 D4 I think. Lol.

Well I think your all doing brilliantly, Well done for going back the second day, I know a lot of people give up. I did once,
    A few months back I did 11 minutes of Level 1 and didn't do it again. :frown:

I found this site, started again and have stuck with it with the help of Monkey and Statia.

I have no upper body strength either but as it goes on you do find yourself doing things a little more easily.

I'm on level 2 and you have walk out planky push up things. I could just barely get into a plank, never mind do a push up too, but now I find I can do a little push up but am not confident to go all the way down yet. :embarassed:

But things do get easier so stick with it. :bigsmile:

Oh, and my black tower was gorgeous weezy. :tongue:
  • thiscanbedone
    thiscanbedone Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Done with day 3 :smile:

My legs are aching sooooo bad. I just wanted to ask you guys one thing : How do I handle my husband who keeps making fun of me? I know there have been incidents in the past where I didn't keep my promises so I understand that he is skeptical this time.... but I really want to do it this time. I know he'll understand but right now I just get totally pissed off when he says '' Why don't you do this? this is what my trainer at gym says... it is THE most effective exercise.. blah blah ...'' He has got some good results and I have just started.... I know I will reach there but listening to him is kinda unmotivating.. .. you guys got good results with 30 DS ?
  • Pidders89
    Options
    hey ladies

glad to see ur all doing well. keep it up :D xxx
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Done with day 3 :smile:

My legs are aching sooooo bad. I just wanted to ask you guys one thing : How do I handle my husband who keeps making fun of me? I know there have been incidents in the past where I didn't keep my promises so I understand that he is skeptical this time.... but I really want to do it this time. I know he'll understand but right now I just get totally pissed off when he says '' Why don't you do this? this is what my trainer at gym says... it is THE most effective exercise.. blah blah ...'' He has got some good results and I have just started.... I know I will reach there but listening to him is kinda unmotivating.. .. you guys got good results with 30 DS ?

First, I would tell him that your fitness level isn't ready to do those things yet. Just explain to hubby that this is a "jump start" program that will show big results in as little as two weeks. It will also "condition" you to do the suggested stuff by his trainer. Plus, men and women have different bodies, never mind that each individual is different (body shape, fitness level, metabolism ...). If you can get through 30DS, you'll be able to do most anything, but this is a quick way to melt inches and increase stamina. Ask him to be patient and involve him with your goals. Have him take pictures and / or measurements for you. Take a minute and talk about your little successes (today I did 4 more push ups than yesterday, I was deeper on lunges this morning, ...) The biggest difference is with Jillian, you will lose inches!! And that is more gratifying that losing pounds!! If all else fails, get stubborn (in your head) and decide to show him (and yourself) that you CAN and WILL do this!! I hope you get his support, but even without it, making this commitment will show everyone how serious you are about changing your lifestyle. XOXO Just stick with it. Also, the sore legs -- yup, we've all had that. It will get better in a couple of days, do more stretching and keep moving. It seems to hurt more if you stay still, so maybe a little walk or bike ride to keep those muscles moving. Extra protein will help too.