30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• statia152
    Options
    Hi all ~ I thought you were bad girls in my absence and got the thread locked!! :blushing: Monkey ~ How went the race?? Yes, Jayne, sometimes I feel like I'll never get there; but its one goal at a time. My first goal is 200 by Christmas (if my tummy doesn't get better, I may hit that by Turkey day). And yes, tummy is still punky. As long as I don't eat much and keep it super low fat, I seem to be ok with my Tums. But I finally has some of my homemade peanut butter bars last night. And paying for it this morning ... Its beautiful here, so a walk, some work to do on wood (stacking) and my 30 DS should fill my day. JoiMichele I did count my cooking, as I had in 13 hours on Friday!! But it isn't the same as sweating and getting heart rate up, but I'll take it. Have a wonderful day and keep moving. XOXO
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hi everyone! Where is Monkey? How was the race? I panicked because I thought the thread was no more and I so enjoy talking to all of you everyday! I did do my shred today but I really was not into it. Statia you make me hungry when I read about your cooking. Any recipes that you want to share would be great...or anyone want to share recipes would be awesome. I love cooking.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Just finished day 10 level 1.

Thanks joimichele, Feeling a lot better today.

Good luck with your race today monkey, Hope it goes well.

Hope your feeling better today Statia.

:happy:

Getting ready to move on to level two! Ten days! You should be extremely proud of yourself. Did u take before pics?
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    hey ladies,

the race went great thanks :) did 5k in 48 minutes :D

how was everyone's weekend?

xxx
  • jayne51998
    Options
    [/quote]

Getting ready to move on to level two! Ten days! You should be extremely proud of yourself. Did u take before pics?
    [/quote]

Hiya.

Yep, I start level 2 today with lots more jumping jacks - yay me. :tongue:

I am proud of myself for sticking with it, It's the most exercise I've done in years.
    Had a bad day the other day and was ready to pack it in but my other half's brother came to visit and commented on how good I was looking. He didn't know I have been working out so it was nice to know other people could see a difference.
    I did take before pics but I am still to ashamed to put them on the net but will when I feel I have lost enough. :happy:

Well done on your race Monkey, Thats a great time. Hope your extremely proud of yourself. :happy:

Thanks Statia, Maybe I should be looking at smaller goals too. Seems like common sense know I think about it. Lol.
    Yeah I'm going to try that.

Have a great Monday everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    thanks very much jayne :)

I got dance practise tonight but will be doing my 30DS when i get in from that too :)

xxxxx
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Done day 1 level 2.

I've changed my mind now.

I hate planks.

I hate Jillian.

And I'm now going to sit in the corner and try not to die. :tongue:

Honestly, that was a bloody hard workout but I feel kind of good for finishing it. :bigsmile:
  • statia152
    Options
    Hey all, glad to see everyone had a great weekend!
    Monkey ~ You RAN a 5k? OMG! That's awesome! LOL It takes me about 15 minutes to walk a mile, how pathetic is that? The only time I could run is through the woods barefoot with my dog on my toes. If I run on flat feet, my ankles grind.
    Jayne ~ You are doing a fantastic job with 30DS! Can't wait to see how you like L2. No pressure for you to post pictures, but I am glad you took them, it will really open your eyes to your inches lost. Thank goodness others posted their before / after pics or I never would have known about 30DS! Yes, I want to lose all my weight yesterday, but that is unrealistic. So If I lose 38 by 12/25, that is do-able. Then I will figure out my next goal. Of course, as I meet each goal, I will reward myself - pedicure, shopping trip, new exercise equipment. I am buying a 2001 Harley from a friend. And I want to be thinner when I ride it, so I'm hoping that will keep me focused. (giving my old Honda bike to my daughter on her 18th birthday, its a perfect learning bike for her)
    JoiMichele ~ What do you want for recipes? Not much that I use for catering is "diet friendly". LOL I have to say, I make awesome cakes! Kahlua, Harvey Wallbanger, Jamacian dark rum ... and I use a heavy alcohol glaze before I put frosting on them. Its been said, "Friends don't let friends eat Statia's cakes and then drive"! There are some awesome green bean recipes here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/340072-cooking-challenge-green-beans?hl=green+beans
    and this weeks challenge is eggs:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/351550-cooking-challenge-eggs?hl=cooking+challenge+eggs#posts-4750593
  • Pidders89
    Options
    hey all

Thanks Statia, it was for a cancer charity and because i've been affected by cancer myself i knew i had to raise lots for it :)

I want to lose about 24lbs by christmas so we can all keep motivating eachother :)

L2 is tougher but i found thats where i lost the most inches :)

xxxx
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Today I start level 2 ... So not looking foward to it but L1 doesn't even make me sore anymore so I know it's time
  • DARK3STANG3L
    Options
    I re-started 30DS today ... i had to as i missed a few days last week, but should be back on track and even got my partner to do it with me :o)
  • Pidders89
    Options
    wow how did u do that?! my boyfriend says he gets tired just watching me haha!
  • statia152
    Options
    Welcome Jezzi! I thought L2 was awkward, but that's when I noticed the inches melting away. Its challenging, but keep going. It gets easier.

Welcome Angel! Its easy to miss a day, then two, but it has to be a priority for your health. It will help having someone to do it with you.

Check in here daily for us to cheer you on! Monkey, JoiMichele and Jayne are an inspiration and good people. :) I'm honored to call them friends.
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Well done weezy!

Glad you kept it up and to get Steve joining in too. :noway:

Welcome to the tread! :bigsmile:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    aww thanks statia :D we all like to help eachother out on this :) xxxx
  • DARK3STANG3L
    Options
    Hi Monkey ..lol he said he needs to lose weight too and wants to support me :o)
    and yeah statia it is easy to miss a day, im 100% gonna stick with it now :o) esp as i got a supportive partner and my highly supportive sister "jayne51998" who says she is gonna shout at me if i dont keep it up ...lol
    i will check back in daily to see how everyone is doing x
  • Pidders89
    Options
    ah no escape for you then hehe thats good though :)

xxx
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Thanks Statia,
    It's good that we have friends in here, I need all the help I can get. You and Monkey motivate me all the time, probably would have give up by now if it wasn't for you two and this thread. :bigsmile:

I found level 2 awkward too. My belly gets in the way with some moves. :blushing:

Yes miss angel. I will be ready with my pointy stick to give you a poke every time you start slacking. :tongue:
    I won't let you give up on yourself...... Just don't let me give up either. :tongue:
  • joimichele
    Options
    What? You have a partner! I am jealous. O how great it would be to have my husband doing it or just a partner in general. My husband thinks it is a girley workout. I did get him to do it one time and he was panting more than I was :drinker: he denies it all though. I guess the closest I will get to having a partner are you gals.:flowerforyou:. I did my shred today. Statia- when I reach my goal weight I would like all those yummy recipes if you are willing to share. I gave myself a cushion of 4 lbs so that I can eat whatever I want for a few days!
  • DeeKay2169
    DeeKay2169 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 and still as sore as I was the first day. I have heard after day 6 I won't be as sore. I can't wait to start level 2.. im hoping Jillian is at least sweating that round! I am enjoying cussing at her! For those of you who are on level 2 can you compare it to level 1? I am scared to even watch.