30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• statia152
    Options
    Thanks JoiMichele, I am much better today. Double L1 D4 done and some walking time as well. I have a yoga class tonight, so I'll be adding those cals burned too. Hubby and band have gone to a private biker's party, didn't want me going with such a tough crowd. So I might meet up with friends after class. But I am worried about the party getting "out of hand" and the cops showing up. Twenty years ago, I'd have gone with him. Love those bad boys on Harleys!!! Vvrrooommmm :wink:
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Hiya all.
    Just joined the site today and also started L1 D1 on the 30 day shred.
    Never tried to lose weight properly before but this time I really do have to get it off.
    Looking forward to seeing some results.
  • statia152
    Options
    Welcome Jayne! You are going to love the results of doing 30DS, it melts the inches away!! Keep posting here, so we can cheer you on. Many have joined in the beginning, but so few actually do the 30 days. I think there are 3 of us who are really committed to doing this (just a few days into our second time). JoiMichele and Monkey are great inspiring people who will help you in any way, as will I. If at all possible, take photos and/or measurements so you can really see the results. And don't worry if you need to do some of the modified moves, I still do modified and the inches still melted away. Happy Shredding! Talk to you later. XOXO ~ Statia (sounds like Stay - sha)
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Hi Statia.
    Thanks for the welcome.
    I have never really tried to lose weight before as I was always "happy" with myself but I am determined to do this.
    I love Jillian and am currently watching all the Biggest Loser usa episodes and they have really got me motivated.
    My problem will be, I think, staying motivated so posting here will be a great help.
    Thanks again for the welcome.
    I'm off now for day 2 of level one if my armpits and boobs will allow me as that's where I'm feeling it today after day 1. Lol.
    xxx
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi Statia.
    Thanks for the welcome.
    I have never really tried to lose weight before as I was always "happy" with myself but I am determined to do this.
    I love Jillian and am currently watching all the Biggest Loser usa episodes and they have really got me motivated.
    My problem will be, I think, staying motivated so posting here will be a great help.
    I'm off now for day 2 of level one if my armpits and boobs will allow me as that's where I'm feeling it today after day 1. Lol.
    xxx

Hey welcome :D we r all really supportive here so feel free to come chat anytime :) xxxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Well, its been quiet on here this weekend. I ate a bagel with ff cream cheese and a bit of jam ... Ugh! I paid for it hours later. My tummy really hurt! Then as the day went on, the pain got lower. Hard to believe a bagel could ruin a beautiful Saturday! I don't want to have these issues when I decide to eat something that isn't whole grain. I guess I need to incorporate small amounts of these things into my diet every few days? So ... no workout yesterday. But two sessions today and I'm off to get some groceries.
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Hi Statia.
    Thanks for the welcome.
    xxx

Hey welcome :D we r all really supportive here so feel free to come chat anytime :) xxxx

Hiya.
    Thanks.
    Well I got through day 3 of level one today and believe it or not, I'm starting to enjoying it and looking forward to it tomorrow.
    Really hoping this works.
    xx
  • oregon_nicole
    oregon_nicole Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I have done Level 1 of 30-Day Shred for the past 2 days after discovering it on Exercise TV on Demand. What heaviness of weights are you using? I tried 5 lbs. and that is very challenging for many of the exercises, but I don't know if the 3 lb (the lower weight I have) will make enough impact.
    I also have a set of 8 lb ones.
    Also, how many days should you do level one until moving on to Level 2? I assume it's supposed to be 30 days with no rest days. Exercise TV doesn't have an explanation, just has the Level 1 and Level 2 videos (which is nice because it's free and you can buy it later if you decide the program is for you before they take it off of On demand.
    Thanks for any help.
    Nicole
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hi all! Finally back from a long weekend. I didn't do my shred Saturday but I did run and shred today. I had a hard time staying on track with calories though. How did everyone else do?
    Welcome to all the newbies on this thread. I am so excited you all have started the shred. This is the right place to come for motivation. Statia and Monkey keep me going. I feel like I will let them down if I don't stick with it!
    Statia you asked about triceps? Here are some sources you can use:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/345140-inner-tricep-exercises-wanted?hl=Triceps#posts-4654844

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/337703-women-reducing-triceps-and-chest-area?hl=Triceps#posts-4537870
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hi all! Finally back from a long weekend. I didn't do my shred Saturday but I did run and shred today. I had a hard time staying on track with calories though. How did everyone else do?
    Welcome to all the newbies on this thread. I am so excited you all have started the shred. This is the right place to come for motivation. Statia and Monkey keep me going. I feel like I will let them down if I don't stick with it!
    Statia you asked about triceps? Here are so sources you can use:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/345140-inner-tricep-exercises-wanted?hl=Triceps#posts-4654844

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/337703-women-reducing-triceps-and-chest-area?hl=Triceps#posts-4537870
  • Pidders89
    Options
    i didnt get to do the shred on the weekend...was a hectic one but starting again today :D

xxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Thank you JoiMichele! I am working them, but it doesn't show yet. Glad you're back with us. :smile:

I've got a super busy week ahead, so I will have to work harder to get my Shred in, but I won't be able to do it Sat. I am catering a breakfast / lunch and I will be exhausted by the time I get home. As long as I do my doubles until then, I'm ok with that. Provided I don't eat a bunch of cookies and stuff.

I will be watching for Jayne and Nichole to be checking in!! And of course, Monkey's before / after pics! OXOX
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Thank you JoiMichele! I am working them, but it doesn't show yet. Glad you're back with us. :smile:

I've got a super busy week ahead, so I will have to work harder to get my Shred in, but I won't be able to do it Sat. I am catering a breakfast / lunch and I will be exhausted by the time I get home. As long as I do my doubles until then, I'm ok with that. Provided I don't eat a bunch of cookies and stuff.

I will be watching for Jayne and Nichole to be checking in!! And of course, Monkey's before / after pics! OXOX

I will be putting them on when i get home from work :D im going to try do doubles this week too xxx
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Yay me!
    D4 L1 all over and done with.
    Tough but good.
    I really hope I see some results after 30 days as I am quite big to start with. :ohwell:
    Well done everyone, Keep up the good work.
    :happy:
  • statia152
    Options
    Yay me!
    D4 L1 all over and done with.
    Tough but good.
    I really hope I see some results after 30 days as I am quite big to start with. :ohwell:
    Well done everyone, Keep up the good work.
    :happy:

Yay Jayne! It is tough but good, and the results are fabulous! Are you doing a protein shake / snack after? It will help the muscle / energy recovery after the workout. And be sure to drink lots of water, too.
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Not as yet but now I know I will make sure I do.
    Saying that though I'm going to go and have an orange. :happy:
    Thanks.
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 5. I missed Saturday but I just had no time. Bronx zoo for 7 hours ( lots of walking up and down hills with a stroller and my glutes were killing me Saturday so I didn't fell to bad and then straight home to a birthday party for my neighbor nextdoor so I couldn't hide for an hour.

I am so used to taking off Friday and Saturday from working out so this is a bit different. I'm not doing anything but the 30 DS on fri sat & sunday though. I will only do my cardio during the week as regular.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    welcome to the group :) if you need help/encouragement we are always here :)
  • statia152
    Options
    Welcome Jezzi! As Monkey said, we are all here for encouragement and support. :flowerforyou:
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Hiya Jezzi.
    I love this thread already :bigsmile:
    It's good knowing I can come here and post my achievements, however small and it makes me want to push through things so I can post in here.
    Great motivation.

Thanks for the adds guys. :happy: