30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• statia152
    Options
    I'm on D3 L2 and the planks are killing me! There seems to be so many and I'm awful at them! Can anyone tell me how many days it took for you to get better at them? I found in L1 that I was awful at the push ups but by D7 I could really see an improvement. Does this happen for the plank stuff too? Please say yes!!! :)

Um ... Not for me! I still do modified versions (back issues) but I would love to do just one day of 30 DS with the real planks. OMG! I just realized you are on Level 2, keep working on them, there's more in Level 3. Keep picturing your abs looking like Jillian's or Natalie's, that should keep you going.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm on D3 L2 and the planks are killing me! There seems to be so many and I'm awful at them! Can anyone tell me how many days it took for you to get better at them? I found in L1 that I was awful at the push ups but by D7 I could really see an improvement. Does this happen for the plank stuff too? Please say yes!!! :)

Um ... Not for me! I still do modified versions (back issues) but I would love to do just one day of 30 DS with the real planks. OMG! I just realized you are on Level 2, keep working on them, there's more in Level 3. Keep picturing your abs looking like Jillian's or Natalie's, that should keep you going.

Im rubbish at planks too but just keep trying your best and im sure it will still give you a good enough workout :) xxx
  • statia152
    Options
    i did a double of level 3, feeling better and better each day. I did skip the second round of side planks and did extra cardio to make up for it. As long as I follow up with a protein shake, it doesn't exhaust me too badly.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    i did a double of level 3, feeling better and better each day. I did skip the second round of side planks and did extra cardio to make up for it. As long as I follow up with a protein shake, it doesn't exhaust me too badly.

You've been doing fantastically! Not long to go :)

xxx
  • joimichele
    Options
    Wow! I actually thought level 3 was easy. It's all the same moves from her BFBM. I think I had the most trouble on the last an move. I have noticed a change in the look of my arms.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Wow! I actually thought level 3 was easy. It's all the same moves from her BFBM. I think I had the most trouble on the last an move. I have noticed a change in the look of my arms.

great news :D xxx
  • statia152
    Options

Easy? Really? I find L1 to be the most aerobic (because I went from being a couch potato?) and I huffed and puffed through it. Level 2 was ok but awkward, except for the planks, but I wasn't as winded. Level 3 is very much thighs and shoulders. My thighs burn (thats good) but I have a bad shoulder, so again I have to modify a bit. Isn't that side plank weird? To be honest, I don't feel much when I do it (lol maybe because I'm only doing 8?) It bothers my hips / back a bit after the "rocking sit-ups", maybe I should try switching them? The superman move isn't hard, but my rib cage pops when I do it. Anyone else experiencing this problem? It could just be I have another rib out again. God! I feel old this morning, its cold and rainy, dogs kept us up last night, had to get up early (4:30 am) to do school stuff with my daughter. I am adding to my goal today (double L3 and a nap) MAKE CHICKEN SOUP!! Of course I skim all the fat, add lots of veggies and thicken broth with a tad of flour. I usually make home made bread to go with it, but I will cut loaf in half and freeze, so hubby can still have a thick slice with butter to go with the soup. Do you girls (sorry if I exclude any men) do any cross country skiing in the winter? Its fairly inexpensive, just the one time cost of skis and poles (about $60 for a decent pair, but check out yard sales) and you can go anywhere! It is a HUGE calorie burner!!!! At my weight 230 pounds, I burn approx 730 an hour. For someone about 150 pounds = 476 per hour. And that's the "slow" speed. But its a great way to get outside, see the scenery and lots of fresh air. Hubby and I sometimes go for 3 to 4 hours. Just an idea.
  • Pidders89
    Options

Easy? Really? I find L1 to be the most aerobic (because I went from being a couch potato?) and I huffed and puffed through it. Level 2 was ok but awkward, except for the planks, but I wasn't as winded. Level 3 is very much thighs and shoulders. My thighs burn (thats good) but I have a bad shoulder, so again I have to modify a bit. Isn't that side plank weird? To be honest, I don't feel much when I do it (lol maybe because I'm only doing 8?) It bothers my hips / back a bit after the "rocking sit-ups", maybe I should try switching them? The superman move isn't hard, but my rib cage pops when I do it. Anyone else experiencing this problem? It could just be I have another rib out again. God! I feel old this morning, its cold and rainy, dogs kept us up last night, had to get up early (4:30 am) to do school stuff with my daughter. I am adding to my goal today (double L3 and a nap) MAKE CHICKEN SOUP!! Of course I skim all the fat, add lots of veggies and thicken broth with a tad of flour. I usually make home made bread to go with it, but I will cut loaf in half and freeze, so hubby can still have a thick slice with butter to go with the soup. Do you girls (sorry if I exclude any men) do any cross country skiing in the winter? Its fairly inexpensive, just the one time cost of skis and poles (about $60 for a decent pair, but check out yard sales) and you can go anywhere! It is a HUGE calorie burner!!!! At my weight 230 pounds, I burn approx 730 an hour. For someone about 150 pounds = 476 per hour. And that's the "slow" speed. But its a great way to get outside, see the scenery and lots of fresh air. Hubby and I sometimes go for 3 to 4 hours. Just an idea.

I find the side planks bothers my hip slightly. I hated level 2, level 3 i can get on with (apart from a few moves that i hate but do anyway) L1 was the best for aerobics for sure! when ive finished my 30 DS im going to do a circuit of L1 one day then L2 the next and L3 the day after that and keep going round like that to keep it up :)

xxxx
  • statia152
    Options
    I think that's a great way to do it, I'll join you. :happy:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    I think that's a great way to do it, I'll join you. :happy:

With your doubles it will be a walk in the park for you hehe xxx
  • statia152
    Options
    :tongue: If Jillian doesn't kill me first!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    :tongue: If Jillian doesn't kill me first!

Haha you have been doing amazingly well! xx
  • statia152
    Options
    Are you working? LOL I gotta go, hun, horses and chickens are hungry (as am I). Talk to ya later!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Are you working? LOL I gotta go, hun, horses and chickens are hungry (as am I). Talk to ya later!

Im at work but on lunch and its really quiet lol

xxx
  • statia152
    Options
    OK, getting ready to do a double L3! Where is everyone? I know Monkey has a cold, but where is JoiMichelle? Don't give up ladies. We need to chat to keep each other motivated. XOXO
  • Pidders89
    Options
    OK, getting ready to do a double L3! Where is everyone? I know Monkey has a cold, but where is JoiMichelle? Don't give up ladies. We need to chat to keep each other motivated. XOXO

Im here :) your doing so well! i did my 30 DS again last night and hopefully doing it tonight before my boyfriend comes over

xxxxxxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Glad to hear from you this morning. :) I saw a show last week about some low cal / low fat brownies and I finally found the recipe. I think I will try making these tomorrow (maybe later tonight?) Here's the link for the video if you're interested:
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/100-calorie-brownie
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Glad to hear from you this morning. :) I saw a show last week about some low cal / low fat brownies and I finally found the recipe. I think I will try making these tomorrow (maybe later tonight?) Here's the link for the video if you're interested:
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/100-calorie-brownie

ooo will definatley check this out laster!

xxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Wow, definitely have to eat something before doing doubles! Felt my energy draining fast during the 2nd time around. Feeling better after a double protein shake, thinking of maybe doing Level 1 this afternoon for "fun"? Its cold and rainy, can't do much outside, so ... Naw, who am I kidding? Nap-time! LOL
  • joimichele
    Options
    Wow, definitely have to eat something before doing doubles! Felt my energy draining fast during the 2nd time around. Feeling better after a double protein shake, thinking of maybe doing Level 1 this afternoon for "fun"? Its cold and rainy, can't do much outside, so ... Naw, who am I kidding? Nap-time! LOL
    Wow! You do 30DS twice a day?