NYBNY Challenge Week 3 results Week 4 chat (closed group)

Options

Replies

• wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    I need some clarification on Tri-Tuesday challenge. Do team members only get points if they complete three seperate 15 min workouts, or would 1 45 minute workout count?

I think 1 45 minute workout is fine. The main thing is to get up and move, right?
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That's my thought too. As long as we do 45 minutes, we should be good.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Tri Tuesday

1. 10 minutes of walking on treadmill (5 to warm up, 5 to cool down)
    2. 40 minutes of running on treadmill
    3. 11 minutes of Slim & 6 pack, the ab video in Slim in 6

I also planned to do some intermittent desk exercises, but the day turned out to be too busy to support that.
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Tri Tuesday-45 minute power walking on the treadmill
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tri-Tuesday done did 60 mins of walking today!! Go Team!!
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Tri-Tuesday complete! Walk across campus, C25K, and an evening walk.
  • ohfong77
    ohfong77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    TRI TUESDAY -

15 elliptical
    15 walking
    15 weight training

LOOKS LIKE .....oh yes....maybe another win coming for us!
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Glad it just has to be 45mins.
    30 mins C25K, and 15 mins crunches/leglifts.

Water today. Question: does water with crystal light packets count? I just hate how flavorless water is...
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Tri Tuesday

15 Min running with dogs
    15 Min jump rope
    15 Min walking on treadmill

now on to water...
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Tri Tuesday

1. 10 minutes of walking on treadmill (5 to warm up, 5 to cool down)
    2. 40 minutes of running on treadmill
    3. 11 minutes of Slim & 6 pack, the ab video in Slim in 6

I also planned to do some intermittent desk exercises, but the day turned out to be too busy to support that.

i see your tri-tuesday challenge and raise you one point :P
  • dipsl19
    Options
    water wednesday is just drinking 8 glasses, right? i think we should up the ante a bit and say you get 1 point for 8 glasses, but if you double it you get 2 . maybe we can even do that for all of the days, so if someone does 45 minutes of exercise on tri-tuesday they get one point, but if they can do an hour and a half they get 2.

thoughts?
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    water wednesday is just drinking 8 glasses, right? i think we should up the ante a bit and say you get 1 point for 8 glasses, but if you double it you get 2 . maybe we can even do that for all of the days, so if someone does 45 minutes of exercise on tri-tuesday they get one point, but if they can do an hour and a half they get 2.

thoughts?

That would work for every day but Monday and Friday (I am not eating 50 grams of Fiber, :noway: )

I like it.

Maybe we can add challenges to Monday and Friday to get double points there too. Just keep in mind that we have people at all different levels of fitness, so we need to make it something that can be adapted for everyone. We want to be pushed, just not get hurt.
  • dipsl19
    Options

thoughts?

That would work for every day but Monday and Friday (I am not eating 50 grams of Fiber, :noway: )

I like it.

Maybe we can add challenges to Monday and Friday to get double points there too. Just keep in mind that we have people at all different levels of fitness, so we need to make it something that can be adapted for everyone. We want to be pushed, just not get hurt.

yay! yeahhh fiber would definitely be COUNTERproductive haha ouch!

im all for new challenges for mondays and fridays! especially monday, since weighing in is soo simple to do and most of us would do it anyway without the push. it could be move-it monday, and every 30 minutes of exercise could be a point ?

i agree that there are people with differet levels of fitness, but id think it would be prettyyy evenly spread throughout the teams; ie, if theres someone who only can do 30 minutes of exercise at a time there will most likely be someone else who does an hour at the least, ya know?

i just think it would be more fun and really get us moving, since at least on our team, everyone's pulling in the point already, so i think we need more of a challenging challenge! :)
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I like that idea. I also like the idea of adding challenges for Monday and Wednesday because... well, really easy. Maybe something strength training related? Like do x reps of the arm exercise of your choice, etc.?
  • dipsl19
    Options
    I like that idea. I also like the idea of adding challenges for Monday and Wednesday because... well, really easy. Maybe something strength training related? Like do x reps of the arm exercise of your choice, etc.?

ooh i like that! maybe we could make it fridays instead of wednesdays though, i think water is enough of a challenge for most people, and having more than one per day could be confusing. what if fridays were just doing any type of strength training?
  • dipsl19
    Options

ooh i like that! maybe we could make it fridays instead of wednesdays though, i think water is enough of a challenge for most people, and having more than one per day could be confusing. what if fridays were just doing any type of strength training?

oh nevermind, fridays are already fiber... now im getting confused lol i think we should just stick to one challenge per day, but double points
  • BigDave1050
    Options

oh nevermind, fridays are already fiber... now im getting confused lol i think we should just stick to one challenge per day, but double points

I like the double point idea. One thing about adding challenges is you also have to remember that some of us have a set program already. I know I have a cardio/weight Program I'm doing Monday-Saturday (this is week 1). I think we just make the challages harder each month. So August will be a "easy" challenge month, But by December we should have some crazy challenges. (maybe by then do "two a days" like water intake and free weights fridays)
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    I like the double points idea. I don't think we should do triple as it might encourage some obsessive/compulsive behaviors, but I'm totally down with doubling. Even for fiber. I might not PERSONALLY double my fiber, but I think it should be available for those who are up to the challenge.

I also think we should up the ante on the challenges for Monday and possibly Friday, too. Strength training (core, arms, legs--resistance or with weights) sounds like an excellent idea.
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    I like adding challenges on Monday and Friday but I think that we should keep the challenge schedule as it is for August and then make adjustments to the schedule come September.
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    120 Oz of water. think thats about all i'm going to report for today. Now where is the nearst restroom?