NYBNY Challenge Week 3 results Week 4 chat (closed group)

Options

Replies

• katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think if the other members are not as dedicated as everyone else thatn they need to leave the group. The team leaders have enough to do than go around checking on everyones attendence. If they dont check in every 2-3 days then they should be cut from the group.

I can't speak for anyone else but my best friends son died and she needed me and I had some personal issues on here. I'm very thankful that my team leader didn't get rid of me.

That situation is understandable. In cases where you know you may be mia for awhile you can just let us know, so the team leaders are trying to hunt people down.

You let us know though honey, thats the difference. Im talking about people who just dip out and never say anything and never check in..

Finished 50 crunches and 50 leg lifts, of course I did them seperatly!! lol
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    jumping jacks and squats, hurray! 2 pts babyy
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    i did 100 jumping jacks and 200 high knees
  • hopespringseternal
    Options
    I don't know if ya'll have tried Body Combat but I think I might die!!!! I totally loved it!!!!!!!
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I took a quick look at the new plan and I think it can work.

As for today C25K done, and it wasn't that bad. I think a couple more days of Week 3 and I'll be ready to move on. 200 arm exercises done! And all this with an ear infection, not too bad. But seriously, and ear infection. I don't think I've ever had one before. Silly kids probably stuck a slobbery finger in my ear.

I just want to say I really appreciate all the support. I am really feeling accountable for each day, which I need.
  • ohfong77
    ohfong77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    GO TEAM ABNEHMEN!!!!

50 LAT PULLDOWNS
    50 CHEST PRESS
    50 BICEP CURLS
    50 TRICEP CURLS

DOUBLE POINTS BABY!!!!

Oh - and this was in addition to 50 min on the elliptical!
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    50 lunges 50 abs 50 wall push ups 50 squats
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have notified clsmith1733 (Amanda) that she has been removed from the challenge. I told her if she felt she could be an active participant at another time to let me know. So now the WLWP are down to 7 active members.
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    There has been some issues with people dropping so I wanted to come up with a solution that will span the rest of the challenge. Sorry this is so long but please read it and let me know if you have any questions.

Here is what the team captains and I have come up with:

Points will be given for completing the daily challenges. The teams points will be averaged and multiplied by 8 (numbers on each team originally). Therefore there will be no advantages based on team size. The points for weight lost is already based on % of their New Years Goal, that will be averaged and multiplied by 8 as well.

The August Challenges are/will be:
    Make up Monday(making up for the weekend ;o)): You have to weigh in with your team leader by 3 est on Monday and you have to either stay under your MFP calories or not more than 10% over.

Triathlon Tuesday: You have to do 45 minutes of exercise (preferably 3 – 15 minute workouts, but 45 minutes straight works too), 90 minutes equals double points

Watered Down Wednesday: You have to drink at least 64 oz of water, 128 oz = double points

Hot 100 Thursday: You have to do 100 reps of any exercise (e.g. crunches, squats, pushups, etc.), 200 reps = double points.

Fresh & Fiber Fridays: Eat at least the MFP recommended Fiber and get a point, and eat the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables per this site: http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/downloads/General_Audience_Brochure.pdf and get one point.

Weekend: Team Calorie Burn Challenge: 10 points to the team with the most points (will be averaged like points above) 5 points to the second place team and 0 for third.

This will change each month. Each month a different team and its leader will be responsible for setting the challenges. September will be Team Abnehmen/Dave. October will be Team Thin It to Win It/Lauren. November will be Team Weight Loss Warrior Princesses/Emily. December will be the three team leaders and myself together.

Now for the unpleasant part… You will be replaced/removed from the team if….
    - you miss a weigh in w/out notifying your team leader by 4:30 on Monday
    - you have not logged in for more than 3 days (i.e. 4 days or more = gone) unless you have notified your team leader in advance.

If members are dropped or drop out themselves it will be the option of each team and its leader as to whether they will be replaced.

Finally 4 months is a long time, if you do not feel you can be completely committed, please let us know. It is ok and no one will be mad. It is hard for the team leaders to have to hassle you and track you down to get your information each week.

I want to thank everyone for answering the call to do this. You’ve all done such a great job. Together we have lost 70 lbs in three weeks. That is pretty awesome. We still have 1100 lbs to lose, so let’s stick with this!!!”
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There has been some issues with people dropping so I wanted to come up with a solution that will span the rest of the challenge. Sorry this is so long but please read it and let me know if you have any questions.

Here is what the team captains and I have come up with:

Points will be given for completing the daily challenges. The teams points will be averaged and multiplied by 8 (numbers on each team originally). Therefore there will be no advantages based on team size. The points for weight lost is already based on % of their New Years Goal, that will be averaged and multiplied by 8 as well.

The August Challenges are/will be:
    Make up Monday(making up for the weekend ;o)): You have to weigh in with your team leader by 3 est on Monday and you have to either stay under your MFP calories or not more than 10% over.

Triathlon Tuesday: You have to do 45 minutes of exercise (preferably 3 – 15 minute workouts, but 45 minutes straight works too), 90 minutes equals double points

Watered Down Wednesday: You have to drink at least 64 oz of water, 128 oz = double points

Hot 100 Thursday: You have to do 100 reps of any exercise (e.g. crunches, squats, pushups, etc.), 200 reps = double points.

Fresh & Fiber Fridays: Eat at least the MFP recommended Fiber and get a point, and eat the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables per this site: http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/downloads/General_Audience_Brochure.pdf and get one point.

Weekend: Team Calorie Burn Challenge: 10 points to the team with the most points (will be averaged like points above) 5 points to the second place team and 0 for third.

This will change each month. Each month a different team and its leader will be responsible for setting the challenges. September will be Team Abnehmen/Dave. October will be Team Thin It to Win It/Lauren. November will be Team Weight Loss Warrior Princesses/Emily. December will be the three team leaders and myself together.

Now for the unpleasant part… You will be replaced/removed from the team if….
    - you miss a weigh in w/out notifying your team leader by 4:30 on Monday
    - you have not logged in for more than 3 days (i.e. 4 days or more = gone) unless you have notified your team leader in advance.

If members are dropped or drop out themselves it will be the option of each team and its leader as to whether they will be replaced.

Finally 4 months is a long time, if you do not feel you can be completely committed, please let us know. It is ok and no one will be mad. It is hard for the team leaders to have to hassle you and track you down to get your information each week.

I want to thank everyone for answering the call to do this. You’ve all done such a great job. Together we have lost 70 lbs in three weeks. That is pretty awesome. We still have 1100 lbs to lose, so let’s stick with this!!!”

Sounds good and fair. I like the monthly challenges.
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Everything sounds wonderful to me. I am proud of everybody! Keep up the great work and keep moving! It will definitely payoff by the end of the year --- several pounds lighter and in better shape and health.
  • wvualum
    Options
    just want to make sure you all saw that..70 lbs!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

i did.. we;ll definitely make it to 100 by monday!! WE'RE AWESOME
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

i did.. we;ll definitely make it to 100 by monday!! WE'RE AWESOME

Saw it too. great job guys. Together we can get to our goals.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Sounds great to me, y'all!
  • gretchen0824
    Options
    read and agreed

wtg guys and gals on losing 70 lbs already.....we are rocking this challenge
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me!!
  • ohfong77
    ohfong77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    all sounds good to me.
  • gretchen0824
    Options
    no problem w fiber but not able to get the frest veggies/fruit today

tomorrow will be a hard day for me: cookout at my mom's tomorrow afternoon then tomorrow night is my daughters bday party.....soooo chips, pizza, cake ice cream

at least i got small ice cream cups, the individual sized ones, so thats portioned already, will have salad w pizza and only 1 sm slice of cake, i can pretty much avoid the chips/pop w little difficulty

at my moms i will have a burger sans bun, fruit, water, etc....

gotta get my burn in though
  • wvualum
    Options
    no problem w fiber but not able to get the frest veggies/fruit today

tomorrow will be a hard day for me: cookout at my mom's tomorrow afternoon then tomorrow night is my daughters bday party.....soooo chips, pizza, cake ice cream

at least i got small ice cream cups, the individual sized ones, so thats portioned already, will have salad w pizza and only 1 sm slice of cake, i can pretty much avoid the chips/pop w little difficulty

at my moms i will have a burger sans bun, fruit, water, etc....

gotta get my burn in though

Thats good. You can't avoid life, just make better choices when faced with these situations.