30 Day Shred Group- August (Part 2)

Options

Replies

• darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    Completed L2D4. How's everyone else doing?
  • jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    O.M.G. I did L3D1 and I found it significantly harder on some things as well. Especially because of the knees, dangit! Unfortunately, I'm not strong enough to do all of the plank moves without modification, but even resting on my knees was hurting them :frown: Has anyone tried doing the workout with knee braces? I almost wonder if I need to wear knee pads like a volley ball player :laugh:

I really really wanted to do the shred again in September, but both level 2 and now level 3 seem to be too hard on my knees. I'm wondering if I can strengthen somehow and come back in like October? Does anyone know? I need to keep getting regular exercise mainly to stay healthy during this next few months, but I'd like results too, of course.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    O.M.G. I did L3D1 and I found it significantly harder on some things as well. Especially because of the knees, dangit! Unfortunately, I'm not strong enough to do all of the plank moves without modification, but even resting on my knees was hurting them :frown: Has anyone tried doing the workout with knee braces? I almost wonder if I need to wear knee pads like a volley ball player :laugh:

I really really wanted to do the shred again in September, but both level 2 and now level 3 seem to be too hard on my knees. I'm wondering if I can strengthen somehow and come back in like October? Does anyone know? I need to keep getting regular exercise mainly to stay healthy during this next few months, but I'd like results too, of course.

Would you be interested in doing the 30DS with me next month? I'm planning to do each day twice a day... So maybe if you're doing L1D1 twice a day for he 10 days it will help strengthen your legs by Level 2 &3?
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Could you lady's take a look at this please? I need HONEST opinions

edit: forgot link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/325448-does-anyone-see-a-difference-in-these-15lbs
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options

What do you want us to take a look at? You KNOW I want to help you succeed!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options

What do you want us to take a look at? You KNOW I want to help you succeed!

didn't even realize i forgot the link =P Good thing for edit =)
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    today was L3D3 and I am with everyone else. My right knee is in pain.... I am replacing the jumping moves (besides the sumo jumps) with previous cardio moves. The inner part of my thighs, abs and wing area are sore too... I am going to finish the 30DS and make up the days I am missing (from last week) I believe I am going to do C25K and build some more muscle in my legs and see if that will help with the knee and then maybe try the 30 DS again. I will have to find some time for my weights as well

4 of the girls in my dept at work went out and bought this DVD because they can see my results. ( A little NSV)
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

edit: forgot link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/325448-does-anyone-see-a-difference-in-these-15lbs

I can see a big difference.... You are smaller everywhere. Great Job!!!!
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    After 30DS is done... I plan to redo it starting September 1st doing every day twice a day, until the 30 days are over. Does anyone else want to do this?

I'll definitely do it once a day in September... not sure if I'll have time for twice a day. But, YES, I'll do it in September because August sort of became a fail due to moving.

I started over with level 2 today after moving, painting, cleaning, for about 4 hours a day after work every day this past week. I took yesterday off because I was exhausted. L2 kicked my butt tonight. Strength wasn't too bad but cardio was awful. Hoping that a couple of days in I'll be back with it!

Good news, I've continued to lose inches/lbs. I'm the lowest I've been since graduating college 16 months ago!
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    There's def a diff there, myiceisonfire. I imagine that's the kind of diff I'll see too - our bodies are similar and on thighs and bum is where I too have been shaping up. But you def can see it.

Go for round two in Sept! I will be once I finish round one! (D7, L2 tonight. Sigh).
  • cmDaffy
    Options

I can see a big difference.... You are smaller everywhere. Great Job!!!!

I see the difference, too! But I'm still going to play "big sister" and tell you to eat more protein! :ohwell:
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I was in this group but somewhere the paths diverged and a fake group was created. I've been posting on this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/313387-30-day-shred-group-august

All on my own for ages!

Oh well.... Level 2 day 18 tonight. Moving up to level 3 on Saturday.
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Hmm... I was in this group but somewhere the paths diverged and a fake group was created. I've been posting on this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/313387-30-day-shred-group-august

All on my own for ages!

Oh well.... Level 2 day 18 tonight. Moving up to level 3 on Saturday.

Jay, nice job! I also found the other group, but realized it wasn't "my" group because it wasn't started by "ice" Glad you found your way back!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Alrighty!

Day 29 DONE!!!! One more day and I'll have done all 30 without missing once! I'm going out to buy a heavier set of "dumbs" today. Until September 1st when I start again, I'm going to randomly do levels with the heavier weights. I haven't decided if I'm taking a DOR..

ROCK ON!!:tongue:
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Anyone for Ripped In 30 once the shred is done? ;~)
  • cmDaffy
    Options

Jay, I'll have to catch you in October for that one. My friends were so impressed by my physical changes that we're doing a round of "Shred" in September and then I'm moving on to Ripped. If you want to consider another round of "Shred"...
  • jayb0ne
    Options

Jay, I'll have to catch you in October for that one. My friends were so impressed by my physical changes that we're doing a round of "Shred" in September and then I'm moving on to Ripped. If you want to consider another round of "Shred"...

Nah, I reckon I'll be starting P90x in September (been itching to start it for a while!) which should run me through to Xmas.

I'm also running a 6 week 100 pushup challenge starting next week. Check it out here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/325786-100-pushup-challenge-group

So I reckon I'll be pretty tied up for a little while after the Shred! :~)
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I have yet to move onto level 3 yet, hoping to tomorrow.

i did some new kettlebell workouts 2 days ago and have been severely sore ever since lol but should be good to go tomorrow!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options

I will be starting ripped. I am doing both shred and 6wk to 6pk
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just started Ripped by mixing it in with my 30ds this week. I really like Ripped but I really like Jillian so yeah lol