P90X starting Monday Aug 15

Options

Replies

• rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    Push ups for Chest/Shoulder/Tri's are a killer - so don't think of them as a weakness. This program is much harder for pushups than Chest and Back - especially those slow rep pushups....
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    subbed plyo for 45 minutes of interval running (average 6mph)
    It was good to run without thinking too much for a while.

I think my shoulder is starting to feel better, it felt that way all day long, so I will do the same thing tomorrow, likely subbing strength training for plyo or cardio again, making sure I dont do any exercises involving my shoulders. if everything go well I should be able to resume strength training after yoga X, with legs and back on thursday.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yoga X out of the way for this week for me....:smile:
  • rowerc2
    Options
    Plyo, rowing and ARX. It is very dark in the mornings now...
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Completed plyo last night. It went much better than last week. Tonight I did back/biceps with ab ripper x. I can now do all ab exercises with them. Hard to believe that I had a hard time with this dvd when I first started. Loving P90X :D
  • Alderaic
    Options
    today was yoga day, did it, and even though I felt my shoulder a little, it felt ok.
    Gonna see how legs and back goes tomorrow, and if everything goes well it means that I only really missed two strength workouts out of my 7 weeks, not too bad.

worse case scenario I will go and see a physiotherapist next week, I may even go just to see that everything is ok, i.e. no back issues or anything, it cannot hurt.
  • rowerc2
    Options
    Back and Bicep plus ARX - in the bank
  • bayles1
    Options
    Kenpo X for me today. Went and pulled a calf muscle,rest day tomorrow and no cardio until sunday,so hopefully be ok by then.
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Completed legs and back today. I also went out and bought a pair of 20lb dumbbells. Getting stronger!
  • rowerc2
    Options
    Lisa - what type of protein powder did you buy?

Did rowing and ARX today. Tomorrow will do ARX, Legs and Back plus 30 min on the treadmill
  • kiki_ac
    kiki_ac Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Finally, i connected on my phone. -So past 2 weeks i substituted cardio for plyo. I missed it but was scared i would suck. This past tuesday i got over that mental bs. Proud is the word i use to describe the feeling i had when i was finished.
    -Still have to get heavier weights soon. In the mean time i tied the ends of the (handleless) resistance band to some 3lb weights and i felt the tension.
    -Did the whole yoga dvd. Yeah!
    -i want to also get some light ankle weights to use during kenpo. The 5lb ankle weights i used last week worked cool but during after some kicks i'd almost swing my leg too far back. Funny if it had knocked me down but only if i remained free from injury.

Until next time, so long.
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Lisa - what type of protein powder did you buy?

Did rowing and ARX today. Tomorrow will do ARX, Legs and Back plus 30 min on the treadmill
    [/quote

I always get Optimum Nutrition Whey. Mocha Cappucino. One of my favorite pre-workout meals is 1/2 c of oatmeal mixed with a spoonful of protein powder. It's delicious!]
  • bayles1
    Options
    Rest day yesterday. Chest&Back plus ARX done for today.
  • rowerc2
    Options
    Ran 3.5 miles this am and will do legs/back and ARX this afternoon
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Finally, i connected on my phone. -So past 2 weeks i substituted cardio for plyo. I missed it but was scared i would suck. This past tuesday i got over that mental bs. Proud is the word i use to describe the feeling i had when i was finished.
    -Still have to get heavier weights soon. In the mean time i tied the ends of the (handleless) resistance band to some 3lb weights and i felt the tension.
    -Did the whole yoga dvd. Yeah!
    -i want to also get some light ankle weights to use during kenpo. The 5lb ankle weights i used last week worked cool but during after some kicks i'd almost swing my leg too far back. Funny if it had knocked me down but only if i remained free from injury.

Until next time, so long.

You are doing great kiki! Keep up the great work!
  • bayles1
    Options
    So this calf muscle is still giving me grief. Had to give plyo a miss today and just biked for an hour instead. I think I will just repeat chest and back tomorrow and re-start the week,which will give the leg another day to recover.
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Completed Yoga X today since I missed it on Thursday.
  • rowerc2
    Options
    Legs/Back, Kenpo and ARX today. Will try to row as well.
  • Alderaic
    Options
    recovery week 2 starting, Yoga X done last night,

tonight it's core synergistics, looking forward to it ;)
  • bayles1
    Options
    Hey,

Chest&Back plus arx today. The calf still aint good,it went again in the warm up. However it's now at the time where nothing is going to stop me,only twenty day's to go now,so will just have to work through it. I will swap plyo for kenpo and do the plyo at the endo of the week instead, so that it gives the leg every chance to recover, but come what may,I will finish in twenty day's time.

Definitely time to bring it.