Tattoos!

Options
12346»

Replies

• mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    IMG_20110629_110704.jpg

Here is the hummingbird that I am getting :) two of them, facing each other.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    These are all great guys. Here’s my next question. I have been pushing around the idea of my next tattoo for a few months now. So, I would love you all's input here are my choices:

1) A Celtic cross with my grandmother's initials and dates (11/4/1926 - 12/21/2007) I was going to use her signature, but her penmanship was horrific and her signature would not tat well.

2) Butterfly with the body as a purple support ribbon with 07/25/1988 under. Purple is the support ribbon for Transplant recipients, and my mother received her second liver transplant on 7/25/88. She is a miracle.

3) “The end of one is the beginning of another” My favorite quote EVER!!!!

Also any ideas where to put them? Thanks guys!

I like your ideas and say get all of them...lol

As for where to put them that is really up to you, not knowing you well does not help me. Because of where I work all of my tattoos are covered or can be covered by clothing. As you can tell by my post of what I have, my family crest are on the same leg to show the two families that created me and my kids are on the left leg. On my back behind my heart is my guardian angel (my bio mom who died after giving birth to me). I do not have any on my chest at the moment due to how my chest is and a tattoo will not look good on me there but that is my opinion.

Basically you need to find the spot on your body that honors your tattoo in a way that your proud of it. I do not know if what I said is much help but I hope you find the special places to put the tattoos. I think they are all great ideas

I second this, go get them all, is there no way you could make them in to one? would save thinking of where to put them all.
    I also have most of mine in places I can cover, but the last one I needed as a visual kick in the *kitten* so it's in full view on my wrist, although it has taken people ages to notice
  • GouletB
    GouletB Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fox on my ankle I got at 16, a lily on my hip when I was 18 with my grandma (she got a butterfly), vines going across me off my lily when I was 20. I want vines going up my side off my lily with both my kids names and my husbands name in them just haven't done it yet :)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have two tattoos on my upper left arm: a triskelion which is a cirlce with 7 interlinked spirals. It's celtic and probably has some "pagen" meaning, but I just thought it was beautiful; I also have an armband of celtic knots which I designed myself and thought it would look nice and match with my original tattoo. :happy:

I have promised myself a new tattoo if and when I reach my ultimate goal (so probably co-incide with my 50th birthday all going well :bigsmile:
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    6036393458_2be9a6357e.jpg
    foot by scsedey143, on Flickr

I have 3 and none mean anything.

I have been want flowers on my foot (right one) for about two years now... I really like yours.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    my first tattoo is: DEPLOYMENTTIME141.jpg
    This was my first after i lost 80 pounds me and my sister went to get it together she got the same thing and i wanted it because i love the nautical stars plus it resembles a band we both love.

cant find a pic of my 2nd which is on my ankle a small sun i always loved sublime and its not the sun like they have cause i wanted something smaller but it resembles it.

I have 2 more picked out one is a butterfly with a scroll around it to put my kids names in it but i am waiting on that in case we have a 3rd kid.

My next one though i just thought up and that is going to be a tribute (memorial) for my dad who passed this last November. he was only 65 and he was my everything, the night he passed i saw my first shooting star, and was told when u see one its a passed love one saying they are all right. i plan to do a shooting star and there will be a bigger star on the end with his initials in it.
  • jenny95662
    Options
    These will all look great when you're 70.

they sure will. no regrets

if we like them now we will like them then, and for me i could care what others think i did it for me not anyone else
  • jenny95662
    Options
    i love avenge they are great i saw them about i think 10 times and met them too they are some nice guys. I met them before they were known so we got to kinda hang for a little while with them and got autographs and pics it was fun!
  • shockrina
    Options
    These will all look great when you're 70.

Ha when you're 70, people usually don't give a crap about they're appearances. They're more worried about cholesterol, blood pressure, dentures, and other aging ailments.

Anyway, I love tattoos, and am thinking of getting one once I hit my midway point of my goal.

When I first started to try losing weight a year or so ago.. I measured once a week inches and pounds. I added up the loss each week and put that much money into my tat fund. :) Like if you lose .25 inches that's $0.25, etc. :) good luck!

That's a really good idea! Thanks! :) Although I think I might have to up the values, tattoos are expensive in Ohio =P

True.. :) LoL
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Here is my leg piece (hope this pic works!)

leg-tattoo-sml.jpg

I also have a black and grey piece on my lower/mid back - a celtic triquetra surrounded by roses and vines.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
  • WhitneyFMills
    Options
    I have two. I have Dream in Kanji on my hip, and a sparrow on my shoulder blade.