how much weight have you lost, and in how much time?

Options

Replies

• angiematwij
    Options
    I have lost 71 pounds in 3 years. I need to lose a total of 50 more pounds. My first goal is to lose 10 pounds by my b-day September 12th. I am hoping by joing MFP that this will help me get to my goal, and find new friends and support.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds in a little over a month, but I have another 50 to go. I started out losing a lot the first two weeks and now I am happy with the two to three pounds a week that I lose. I cut out fast food, pop and reduced the salt. I never did drink a lot of pop, but I did fast food and lots of hot dogs and processed meat. They are all full of salt.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Lost:48 lbs.
    Time: 8-1/2 months

I have Primary Progressive MS so for someone with so much to lose it's been pretty slow, but it IS coming off even though I can't do a lot a exercise.
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? 28 lbs
    How long did it take? I started 5/5/11
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? Sometimes, it seemed like I did at the beginning but now I'm losing about 1.6 to 2 lbs per week. I also exercise almost every day, I usually take Sunday off to rest. During the week I do a minimum of 1/2 hour on the elliptical and I alternate upper body and lower body on the weights. Fridays and Saturdays I do about a 2 1/2 hour workout. I'm losing it slowly, but it's worth it!
  • cingerl
    cingerl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Using MFP and exercising-I lost 22 lbs from Jan. 2011 to June 2011. Summer really screwed me up and I gained 8lbs back but now I am getting back at it.
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    How you are all losing so much weight? OMG - you are amazing. I'm on day 21 -- and haven't eaten over my 1200 calories once - and I've lost 2 lbs. That's it. I haven't been working out that much - I work from home for HP - and work has been busy. But, still - 1200 is not many calories. I about to cave. I'm 60 years old by the way. But I have young kids -- who keep me hopping and I want to lose 20 lbs. Bawhahaa. How do I jump start all of this?:grumble:

Drink a lot of water and try zig-zagging your calories.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? 22kgs
    How long did it take? 7months jan-july 2011.
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? Not sure - use kilos not lbs
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I have lost 4lbs so far, and have been working at it for 6 weeks. It is slow going, but it's better than nothing. I can tell that I'm getting stronger, even if I'm not weighing less.
  • Plussizediva24
    Options
    I started my weight loss may 20, 2011 so ive been on almost 3 months and lost 54 pounds
    I weighed 341 now im 287
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    90 lbs in 7 months.

I average 2.8 lbs a week.

Oh Wow! Congrats!!
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    Hi
    I have lost 21 lbs in 3.5 months less than 1.5 lbs per week. Mostly my exercise is just walking. I started at 272. I am also 46 years old.

You are doing great, keep going, it's working

congrats on your weight loss!
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    How you are all losing so much weight? OMG - you are amazing. I'm on day 21 -- and haven't eaten over my 1200 calories once - and I've lost 2 lbs. That's it. I haven't been working out that much - I work from home for HP - and work has been busy. But, still - 1200 is not many calories. I about to cave. I'm 60 years old by the way. But I have young kids -- who keep me hopping and I want to lose 20 lbs. Bawhahaa. How do I jump start all of this?:grumble:

Drink a lot of water and try zig-zagging your calories.

I dont really understand the 'zig zagging' calories thing. Like I do understand that im supposed to eat over my calories one day, and less the next but the part that confuses me, is what if you go WAY over one day and way under the next, wont that just keep your weight where its at? Please help! lol
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds in a little over a month, but I have another 50 to go. I started out losing a lot the first two weeks and now I am happy with the two to three pounds a week that I lose. I cut out fast food, pop and reduced the salt. I never did drink a lot of pop, but I did fast food and lots of hot dogs and processed meat. They are all full of salt.

my problem is the soda and processed meat! i need to quit that *slaps hand* lol
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have lost 63 pounds. I started on February 21st, so it will be six months next week. I am thrilled with my progress. It definately hasn't been linear though. It has taken careful observation and listening to my body to learn what works well for me. I pay attention to my ups and downs and have found the right combination of exercise and calories to optimize my loss. I am definately not starving myself and I am not working out hours a day. That is how I know I can maintain this once I reach my goal.
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    I've lost 17 pounds since June 1st, 2011. That's an average of about 1.5 pounds per week. I'm pretty satisfied with that.
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    QUOTE: (5'4 «--I thought I was 5'6 and was just measured not too long ago. aint that sad.)

The VERY same thing happened to me. WHAT GIVES??? Are doctors using measuring sticks that tell us we're shorter now along with scales that tell us we're heavier? I think it's a conspiracy!! :laugh:
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? 40 lbs
    How long did it take? since 4/11
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? not always
  • ucfknight92
    Options
    I have lost 14 pounds in 30 days. I am sticking to my goal calories and working out hard, but correctly. I make sure to get strength training 3x per week but combine it with total body movement. And, I don't eat up all those extra calories I burned to increase my weight loss.

9590375.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Cmon78
    Cmon78 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am down 59 pounds in 6 months. I started Feb 27th. I started out losing 2-3lbs a week......now it's more like 1-2lbs.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I've lost 94 pounds total in 4 years. This is an average of slightly less than half a pound per week. My weight has been up and down and up and back down again over those four years.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!