Funny Facts about you...

Options
thegymbunny
thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
Since I'm fairly new to "Chit chat"!

As a child loved the show "alf" so much I wished to marry somebody with a last name starting with "F"(first two initials are A L).

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I played clarinet in high school, but my senior year for marching band, we didn't have enough low brass. So our director recruited me and two other clarinets to play sousaphone. Being named Susan (and having gone by Sue at the time) I had unwittingly adopted a new nickname.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    The inside of my garage/workshop is decorated with Christmas items, many of which I light up while working on new decorations for the coming year....with Christmas music playing....in the middle of summer. (I set up a 25-30K light display each year.)
    Note: One photo of the display is included with my MFP photos.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Apparently I always eat my food in a specific order. One item at a time until it's gone and then I move to the next item on the plate.

Never noticed I did that until my wife pointed it out when we were dating.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I have broken my middle finger twice ...once in 8th grade playing tackle football with the boys in my neighborhood ( I was naive) and once 3 years ago when I fell down ssome stairs.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I played basketball for 6 years (middle school and highschool) and I'm only 5'-0".
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I'm an organized neat freak. I separate all my clothes by sections (dress shirts, gym wear, casual shirts etc), then by color light to dark. My closet looks like a store rack.
  • kellogsmscott
    kellogsmscott Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have an irrational fear of people walking too close to me on the stairs. if people chase me for a joke i sit down, there and then.

This btw stems from my brother chasing me up the stairs as a child, until i once threw myself up the last steps and somersaulted and broke my hand. And then from my dad chasing me down stairs and i fell and broke my foot.

If my family think i need a "punishment" they make me run up the stairs and they chase me, i always scream. Im 30.

Jeez.. lol
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm an organized neat freak. I separate all my clothes by sections (dress shirts, gym wear, casual shirts etc), then by color light to dark. My closet looks like a store rack.

I do that too!! And all my canned goods have to face forward and be grouped as well. LOL
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I appeared in a sci-fi photo story in a heavy metal magazine.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of subway tunnels. I stand about 10 feet away from the track, cling to whoever is next to me (thankfully, I've always gone with people I know!) and take a running leap into the train so the door doesn't close on me. It's pathetic.

Also, I was published in a teen literary magazine when I was 14 :)
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Oh wait... this was "funny" facts, not "scary" facts... LOL

I have dyed my hair pink and loved it!!
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    The day I got my license I was driving my mom's mustang and hit a pole... I convinced her someone must have hit the car while it was parked in a parking lot. I came clean a few years ago.... (about 10 years later)

Oh and I'm so claustrophobic that I will avoid elevators at all costs. Even when I was in labor, I insisted on taking the stairs up to the maternity ward at the hospital.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Apparently I always eat my food in a specific order. One item at a time until it's gone and then I move to the next item on the plate.

I do that too, bf thinks it's cute. I go from what's less tasty to what's tastier.

I was raised by military parents in a military way, doing cleaning chores 3 times a week, as soon as I got out of their place, I didn't clean more than once a week/ every other week and I don't do my bed anymore ;)
  • kellogsmscott
    kellogsmscott Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh wait... this was "funny" facts, not "scary" facts... LOL

I have dyed my hair pink and loved it!!
    Well i suppose its how you look at it, i think my irrational scary thing is quite funny and causes my friends and family no end of amusement at my expense.

but ok, um... When i was a kid i wanted to be a dolphin and i didn't understand why this couldn't happen.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Several years ago I accidently dyed my hair pink because I didn't leave the dye in long enough. I was horrified! One of my co-workers (a young woman) liked it and so did my son. I'll never make that mistake again. :noway:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options

I kinda do this....
    But only if my meal includes some sort of potatoes (fries, mashed, baked etc)
    I always eat the 'potato' first---maybe cuz they're more filling? Idk.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options

I do the same, except to the extreme.. my food cannot touch.

If I eat something "saucy" I'll have several plates.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    My weird eating habit is I eat the middle of the pizza and leave the crust in a perfect circle. That always gets me weird looks from the waiting staff!
  • Magic_Girl
    Magic_Girl Posts: 158
    Options
    I was trying to get my hair dyed Red, but instead it was Orange... BRIGHT ORANGE!!!! I had it for 2 weeks and changed it before college classes started again. My nickname was "Wendy's girl" because of the Wendy's logo with redheaded girl.
  • dids01
    dids01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've just been doing some sorting out and decided to count how many pairs of shoes/boots I have got, i'm up to about 70 at the moment and know there are more. Do you think this is a little obsessive lol xx