(Closed Group) Confidence for Christmas Challenge!

Options

Replies

• darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    193! I am finally back to my pre vacation weight. Ridiculous. I want to lose 18 pounds by Thanksgiving. If I can do that, I will be at 175, which will be the lowest weight I have been at in about 4 years.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late y'all! I don't have internet at home and can't post on message boards on my phone, so I'm a day late reporting at work :)

Week 4 - Emily

Challenge Starting Weight: 219.9
    Current Weight: 212.5
    Difference from last week: .7
    Total lost during challenge: 7.4
    Christmas Goal Weight: 194
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 553
    Highs of last week: Getting up early Saturday morning while on vacation and working out for an hour and 40 minutes before everyone else was awake. I was really proud of myself and it started my day off right!
    Lows of last week: Not controlling my eating as well as I wanted to while out of town - make good choices most of the time, but made terrible choices a few times (2 pieces of garlic bread at the rehearsal dinner - was that really necessary?!?!). I went over calories for the first time ever on MFP and I did it not only once, but TWICE!
    How to Improve (the lows): Allow myself to indulge a little on vacation as long as I stay under calories, but don't go crazy.
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Week 5: Heather

Challenge Starting Weight: 200

Current Weight: 195

Difference: -5

Christmas Goal Weight: 169

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 30 - 60 minutes a day x 6

Highs of last week: started walking 3 miles 3x a week and I also started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred I'm on day 3

Lows of last week: I didn't make my mini challenge goal (I should have weighed in at 193, I weighed in at 194 instead. I was close and I can live with that)

How to Improve (the lows): I'm not really sure. I did everything right so I just need to stick with it!

Tips or Tricks: VEGGIES! VEGGIES! VEGGIES! WATER! WATER! WATER!

Ultimate Goal: To wear a size 8 Current size: 16
  • hperowl
    Options
    Week 5: Emma

Highes of last week:I completed my triathlon and did very well! 1:52.24 for 700 yard swim, 18 mile bike, and 4 mile run
    Lows of last week: I really didn't like tapering! I felt lazy and I had to keep reminding myself I didn't want to loss weight but focus on triathlon

Great job on your triathlon! Amazing!!!!
  • jllipson
    Options
    WEEK 5: Jennifer

Challenge Starting Weight: 218.0
    Current Weight: 210.0
    Difference: 8.0
    Christmas Goal Weight: 175
    Approx Minutes of Exercise: 500 minutes.
    Highs of last week: bought smaller pants than anticipate - size 16....
    Lows of last week: Ate out way too much!
    How to Improve (the lows): Limit my eating out, except tomorrow - It's my 8 year anniversary!
    Tips or Tricks: It's Ok to have a cheat day, but don't let it turn into a cheat week - my past week has been poorly so and I dread the scale tomorrow at my program weigh in!
  • xjlishey1
    Options
    Week 5 - Jlishey

Challenge starting weight: 226
    Current Weight: 229.6
    Difference: +6.2
    Aprox. minutes of Exercise: 300 minutes
    Highs of last week.. NONE
    Lows of last week: EVERYTHING
    How to improve: STILL NEEDING TO CUT BACK ON THE CARBS AND FOCUS MORE ON MY EATING THAN EXERCISE. I AGAIN THIS WEEK SUCKED..O'WELL THIS IS A NEW DAY....MOVING FORWARD! I AM GETTING FRUSTRATED!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    so tired from work, 156, starting 164, not excercising, but not eating either :D
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Week 5: Emma

Highes of last week:I completed my triathlon and did very well! 1:52.24 for 700 yard swim, 18 mile bike, and 4 mile run
    Lows of last week: I really didn't like tapering! I felt lazy and I had to keep reminding myself I didn't want to loss weight but focus on triathlon

Great job on your triathlon! Amazing!!!!

Thank you
  • xjlishey1
    Options
    Week 6 - Jlishey

Challenge starting weight: 226
    Current Weight: 229.4
    Difference: -.2
    Christmas Goal Weight: 175 (hoping I can get as close to this number as possible)
    Aprox. minutes of Exercise: 150 minutes
    Highs of last week.. ate a little better than the week before
    Lows of last week: Pulled a muscle in my abs and couldn't work out for a couple of days.
    How to improve: Did a little better last week. Scale did go down but not enough to make up for my lows of the week before...Looking at this in a whole new light. Hopefully, thinkgs are looking up..
  • hperowl
    Options
    Week 5: Heather

Challenge Starting Weight: 200

Current Weight: ? scale still has no battery :( However I do feel as if I've lost inches

Difference: ?

Christmas Goal Weight: 169

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 30 - 60 minutes a day x 6

Highs of last week: Completed day 7 of 30 DS in addition to walking!!!!!!

Lows of last week: I've been without a scale all week and so I haven't been as diligent about my eating

How to Improve (the lows): Stop eating crap!

Tips or Tricks: VEGGIES! VEGGIES! VEGGIES! WATER! WATER! WATER!

Ultimate Goal: To wear a size 8 Current size: 16
  • MrsBrosco
    Options
    WEEK SIX: Melissa

Challenge Starting Weight: 172.6#
    Current Weight: 173.4#
    Difference: +.8
    Christmas Goal Weight: 149#
    Current Size: 14
    Goal Size: 10
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 15

Highs of last week: Spent a lot of time hiking in Ludington State Park on Saturday with my family, it was wonderful

Lows of last week: Stressful news going on in my life and body, have eaten whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it and couldn't care less (at the time).

How to Improve (the lows): If i'm going to end up pregnant I need to learn to control myself. Depression has kind of set in over the weekend about our situation but I cannot let it get the best of me. I have worked too hard to throw it all away during a pregnancy.

Tricks: When pregnant you only have to add a total of 300 calories to your normal diet. I need to impliment that and also keep using the elliptical after-all, at some point my elliptical room will be changed into a nursery =)
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WEEK Six: Mayra
    Challenge Starting Weight: 230.2
    Current Weight: 220.2
    Difference: -2.2
    Christmas Goal Weight: 199
    Current Size: 18
    Goal Size: 16
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 269
    Highs of last week: Lost 10 lbs since the start of all this!
    Lows of last week: I know this is isn't really a low because being with family is in no way a low but I ate fatty home cooking and sweets with family.
    How to Improve (the lows): Learn to control myself.
    Tricks: I have a pair of jeans and a dress on my closet door so every time I go into my room I see them and they make me want to keep at it
    Piece of Clothing I'm dying to get into: A pretty turquoise dress that is hanging on my closet door for insperation
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Week 6: Emma

Challenge Starting Weight: 150
    Current Weight: 145.4
    Difference-0.2
    Christmas Goal Weight: 140
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 570 (blah)
    Highes of last week:NOTHING last week sucked!
    Lows of last week: I am losing motivation and I need to shake myself out of it! It think tapering made me lazy and it carried into this past week too.
    How to Improve (the lows): get off my big lazy *kitten* and start moving
    Tips or Tricks: make a mini goals you can attain while working for an overall big goal I need another goal!!
    Ultimate Goal: My BIG goal is to get in shape and feel good about myself

I need a new goal to help me achieve my ultimate goal! I am thinking of doing another triathlon in April but that feels so far away. Any suggestions?
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    WEEK SIX: Ashley

CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 204
    LAST WEEKS WEIGHT: 195
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 194 (might be less but my scale is broken so i have to go with what it was when i last weighed myself)
    DIFFERENCE: -10 (overall)
    CHRISTMAS GOAL WEIGHT: 150
    CURRENT SIZE: 14
    GOAL: 7-9
    APROX MINUTES OF WEEKLY EXERCISE: 200
    HIGHS OF LAST WEEK: Bought 2 new pairs of pants in my new size of 14! was holding off as long as possible so i am not spending too much money on new clothes i dont plan on wearing too long, but all my other pants looked huge on me so my husband made me buy new ones! :happy: Also made it through a week of 30 Day Shred and feel proud of myself so far, just gotta keep up the motivation and make it to day 30.
    LOWS OF LAST WEEK: Cant really think of any this time. I feel like i ate really good and did my 30DS every night. Could probably add some more walking in the afternoon though as long as the weather permits.
    HOW TO IMPROVE (THE LOWS): Just get myself up at lunch and walk this week. Rainy weather seems to be going away now so i will have no excuses.
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    NAT

CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 149
    CURRENT WEIGHT: ???
    DIFFERENCE: ???
    CHRISTMAS GOAL WEIGHT: 135
    APROX MINUTES OF WEEKLY EXERCISE: 240
    HIGHS OF LAST WEEK: I did my 30 day shred every night last week!!!
    LOWS OF LAST WEEK: A baking date with the familly I used to nanny for. We made pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, apple spice muffins, sugar cookies and chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes!!!!!!! I had to try them all? haha

HOW TO IMPROVE (THE LOWS): Remind yourself that you are NOT going to lose weight if you keep giving in. JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This war with the scale that I am having is rough. what if I don't look for this whole month and then I don't lose any? I suppose I am hoping more to lose inches with the 30DS than pounds... but sure would be nice to see it drop!!!!!
  • jllipson
    Options
    WEEK 6: Jennifer

Challenge Starting Weight: 218.0
    Current Weight: 207.6
    Difference: 10.4
    Approx Minutes of Exercise: 300 minutes.
    Highs of last week: Skipped the birthday cake I made for stepdaughter! I make homemade buttercream icing that everyone loves!
    Lows of last week: Not a big loss last week - kept me bummed.
    How to Improve (the lows): I worked extra hard this week, only 2 high days on calories, but stuck to it the rest of the time!
    Tips or Tricks: Try new recipes - experiment on your own - you may find something new that you love!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be quick - phone service is terrible in Mississippi! I lost 1.3 this week (211.2). I'll do the usual update next Monday when I am back home!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    gaaahhhh!!

I am up 2 lbs. I am happy it is ONLY 2.

I am back though. I have my head in the game, and ready to kick *kitten*. 154 is the weight, and the gym is my date!!

hahaha
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late! I was so busy yesterday, that I just forgot to check in!

Week 6:

Challenge Starting Weight: 220

Current Weight: 205

Difference: - 15.0

Christmas Goal Weight: 185

Current Size: 18

Goal Size: 10/12

Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 360

Highs of last week: Finally squeezed into a size 18!

Lows of last week: Didn't drink enough water.

How to Improve (the lows): Bought some new Coconut/ Pineapple flavored water to help me drink more water!

Tricks:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    WEEK SIX - CHANI

Challenge Starting Weight: 286

Current Weight: 277.8

Weight Last Week: (not sure, i was on vacation)...but when i weighed in Sunday, i was 283.6 lbs

Difference: - 6.2

Christmas Goal Weight: 260

Pounds to go until my Christmas Goal Weight: 17.8

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: i was on my honeymoon last week, so i didn't really "exercise". we did do lots of active things though, so i'll say about 4 hours (240 minutes)

Highes of last week: being on my honeymoon! haha

Lows of last week: ate lots of meat in Mexico - difficult to find veggie meals. also, lots of booze. and now i'm sicker than a dog :(

How to Improve (the lows): being back in the US is easier - i have more access to foods i like and we, in general; don't keep alcohol in the house. so, basically, removing temptations!

Tips or Tricks: N/A