• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    "don't eat back your exercise calories"

pahaha
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    If you say that something is heavier than something else, that DOES mean that it weighs more. I think I know what you are trying to say, but in the above quote, instead of using "heavier" you should say "more dense" or "smaller" or "more compact" or something like that.

Would you say that a 10 pound bag of rice weighs more than a 10 pound bag of feathers or would you say that a 10 pound bag of rice is heavier than a 10 pound bag of feathers?

If you say that a 10 pound bag of rice weighs more than a 10 pound bag of feathers, then tell me how much more does it weighs.

I clearly have too much time on my hands.

They weigh the same. They both weigh 10lbs. Neither one is HEAVIER than the other. A 10lb bag of rice, however, would be much SMALLER than a 10lb bag of feathers because rice is MORE DENSE or MORE COMPACT.

*kills self*
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    If you say that something is heavier than something else, that DOES mean that it weighs more. I think I know what you are trying to say, but in the above quote, instead of using "heavier" you should say "more dense" or "smaller" or "more compact" or something like that.

Would you say that a 10 pound bag of rice weighs more than a 10 pound bag of feathers or would you say that a 10 pound bag of rice is heavier than a 10 pound bag of feathers?

If you say that a 10 pound bag of rice weighs more than a 10 pound bag of feathers, then tell me how much more does it weighs.

A 10 pound bag of anything will weigh ten pounds, so neither bag would be heavier than the other. You could say the 10 pound bag of feathers occupies more space because it is loosely packed or that the 10 pound bag of rice is more dense than the feathers because the rice packs together tightly, but neither is heavier because they are both 10 pounds.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    5 pounds of muscle and 5 pounds of fat = 10 pounds

5+5=10

1 pound = 1 pound.

In other news, my uterus fell out.

You are trying to be funny. If someone gave you five pounds of fat and told you to put it on a scale, the scale will read 5 pounds. If someone gave you five pounds of muscles and told you to put it on a scale, the scale will read 5 pounds.

There's a difference between saying, 5 pounds of muscles and 5 pounds of fat = 5 pounds and 5 pounds of muscles + 5 pounds of fat = 10 pounds

I don't have time for games.
  • AZackery
    Options

They weigh the same. They both weigh 10lbs. Neither one is HEAVIER than the other. A 10lb bag of rice, however, would be much SMALLER than a 10lb bag of feathers because rice is MORE DENSE or MORE COMPACT. *kills self*

I rest my case.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options

They weigh the same. They both weigh 10lbs. Neither one is HEAVIER than the other. A 10lb bag of rice, however, would be much SMALLER than a 10lb bag of feathers because rice is MORE DENSE or MORE COMPACT. *kills self*

I rest my case.

Wow, just wow.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

I rest my case.

Now you're just trolling. Right? Because if not, I'm sorry for you.

Stay in school kids!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    How about this: if you take two identical cups and fill one with fat and one with muscle, the muscle cup will be HEAVIER!
  • AZackery
    Options
    You wouldn't say EITHER of those things! Both are wrong. Neither is heavier than the other BECAUSE they weigh the same! Dear lord.

Jorra, just because two things weigh the same, it doesn't mean that one will not be heavier than the next. You can't tell me that a 10 pound bag of rice will not be heavier than a 10 pound bag of feathers.
  • Heather75
    Options

I rest my case.

*head explodes*

Wow. You are really something special. Well done.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    You wouldn't say EITHER of those things! Both are wrong. Neither is heavier than the other BECAUSE they weigh the same! Dear lord.

Jorra, just because two things weigh the same, it doesn't mean that one will not be heavier than the next. You can't tell me that a 10 pound bag of rice will not be heavier than a 10 pound bag of feathers.

This is where you are exactly wrong. And you are making a fool of yourself.

You are trying to say muscle is more DENSE but you keep saying it's HEAVIER.
  • AZackery
    Options

Stay in school kids!

I'm not a troll or a kid. If I'm a troll, then everyone that's responding to me are trolls as well.
  • Here_kittykitty
    Here_kittykitty Posts: 53 Member
    Options
  • AZackery
    Options
    *head explodes*

Heather, you are special too.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options

Hey!

Look! A pony!

A pretty pink pony?
    The kind with wings?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    batman-are-you-dense-are-you-retarded.jpg
  • Heather75
    Options
    *head explodes*

Heather, you are special too.

That means a lot to me.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Yes, AZackery, I can tell you that 10lbs of one thing is not heavier than 10lbs of another. I don't know how many times we all can tell you, the definition of the word heavier is that it weighs more.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options

Stay in school kids!

I'm not a troll or a kid. If I'm a troll, then everyone that's responding to me are trolls as well.

Well, yeah, true. But at least we know the difference between the words weight, density and heavy.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    duty_calls.png