Worst advice you've seen on these boards

Options

Replies

• arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't say EITHER of those things! Both are wrong. Neither is heavier than the other BECAUSE they weigh the same! Dear lord.

Jorra, just because two things weigh the same, it doesn't mean that one will not be heavier than the next. You can't tell me that a 10 pound bag of rice will not be heavier than a 10 pound bag of feathers.

Wow =/ This is amazing. I had no idea 10lbs of rice weighed more than 10lbs of feathers! I was under the impression that they weighed the same.
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have to bump this. You had me at uterus but now this 'great debate' about what weighs more is just too entertaining (read "outrageous and stunning!!")
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Yes, AZackery, I can tell you that 10lbs of one thing is not heavier than 10lbs of another. I don't know how many times we all can tell you, the definition of the word heavier is that it weighs more.

Jorra, you are wrong.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    duty_calls.png

Love this!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Yes, AZackery, I can tell you that 10lbs of one thing is not heavier than 10lbs of another. I don't know how many times we all can tell you, the definition of the word heavier is that it weighs more.

Jorra, you are wrong.

I have to ask, doesn't the fact that every single other person on this thread is trying so hard to convince you otherwise give you a hint? Remember, these other people on the thread include English majors and scientists.
  • frostiegurl
    Options
    You know the old song "he's not heavy, he's my brother". He must be made of feathers.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Jorra, you are wrong.

What DOES heavier mean, then? Obviously I (and the vast majority of English speakers) are using it incorrectly. Please, provide us with the proper definition.
  • Kristinapedia
    Kristinapedia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you don't go over your calorie goal...
    does this mean I can eat a whole package of Oreos and still lose weight as long as that's all I eat all day???

OMG I WISHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

LOL
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    This is officially my favorite thread ever. And it's about to roll!
  • frostiegurl
    Options
    I've never rolled a thread before.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It is awesome.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    oh i forgot. they roll on page 20, not 10.

ok let's continue...

when i go home i'm going to bench press 10 million pounds of feathers and get all the benefits as if i bench pressed 10 million pounds of steel, because the steel is heavier even though it weighs the same. right?
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    [How much running would I need to do to keep my knees but lose my uterus?
    [/quote]

Love this!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,628 Member
    Options
    Just wear the "energy band" and the magnets in it will help balance out your body and you'll know what to eat and what makes you sick.

REALLY? REALLY?
  • frostiegurl
    Options
    I have a feeling this debate will continue on for at least another 15 pages.

Does anyone know how many calories I can burn by repeatedly bashing my head against a brick wall?
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options

Does anyone know how many calories I can burn by repeatedly bashing my head against a brick wall?

how heavy of a wall are we talking?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

At least 10lbs of calories of head bashing, but that's heavier than 10lbs of fat.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    hahahahhaha

how about ones like these..

"tell me what you did to lose weight... "
    "how did you lose weight?"
    "what are your secrets??"

uhhh.. MFP, duh :):):):)
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I have to ask, doesn't the fact that every single other person on this thread is trying so hard to convince you otherwise give you a hint? Remember, these other people on the thread include English majors and scientists.

Jorra, education means nothing. I'm an educated person. I have a degree, just like all those so called English and Scientists on this board.

Education doesn't make a person smart.
  • frostiegurl
    Options

how heavy of a wall are we talking?

The wall is much heavier than it looks and, if it makes any difference, my head is pretty large but not nearly as heavy as it appears.