Worst advice you've seen on these boards

Options

Replies

• ja4bs
    ja4bs Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm going to twist it all up on the fat/muscle saga. I can promise you that my 200 pounds of fat is much HEAVIER than 200 pounds of muscle on my athletic 6'2" son. My knees hurt, my feet hurt, my back hurts and it is because fat is HEAVY!!! Don't tell me that muscle is heavier than fat (ARRRGGGHHH!) My body says different. I can't wait until I am toting some of that muscle around LOL!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    mind over matter

Bry_all01, are you one of the smart people? You haven't answered my question.

Actually. Yes. Yes, I am. I was being nice and not rude by saying it is mind over matter. For people who can pick up a 10 pound package of copy paper, in all honesty, they CAN pick up the 10 pound dumbell, but CHOOSE not to do so, because they are LAZY. So, if you paid close enough attention, I did answer your question.
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Okay guys she is right!! I just tested it...I weighed my 3 lb brain and 3 lb her brain....hers is definitely heavier...ummm I mean denser

Jvkh127, why, you have such a small brain.

dense
    adj.
    slow to understand : stupid, thickheaded <was too dense to get the joke>

just in case your not good with definitions but I guess you already proved you are :smile:
  • Ajbays10
    Ajbays10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You have no sense of humor therefore you are not smart. Now go read a book or cure cancer.

Scott613, I'm serious. I'm not in the playing game.

Yeah Scott613 This is a completely serious site, theres is no joking or "game playing" of any kind here!!!! ha ha
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    This is like a

train+wreck.jpg
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'm going to twist it all up on the fat/muscle saga. I can promise you that my 200 pounds of fat is much HEAVIER than 200 pounds of muscle on my athletic 6'2" son. My knees hurt, my feet hurt, my back hurts and it is because fat is HEAVY!!! Don't tell me that muscle is heavier than fat (ARRRGGGHHH!) My body says different. I can't wait until I am toting some of that muscle around LOL!!

I completely understand what you're saying! However, you may confuse some of the more dense in this thread!
  • bry_all01
    Options
    Okay guys she is right!! I just tested it...I weighed my 3 lb brain and 3 lb her brain....hers is definitely heavier...ummm I mean denser

Would you kindly please re-read your question, then revise and repost it correctly? Thank you.
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

your brain weighs 3 lbs.

Yes adult human brains weigh about 3 lbs lol
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    *munches popcorn*
  • bry_all01
    Options
    Because the dumbell weights more DUHHH!!!! I am so the smartestester

Scott613, explain to me how a 10lb dumbbell weighs more than a 10lb pack of copying paper.

You have no sense of humor therefore you are not smart. Now go read a book or cure cancer.

You have been reported.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Jorra, are you one of those English majors or scientists?

Actually, yes. I am a scientist. If you can't understand the concept of weight and density, which you should have learned in middle school physics, you are obviously not ever going to understand this. If you don't understand the complete similarity between the words weight and heavy, which you should have learned in elementary school English, you are especially not going to get this.

Jorra, you are a scientist and you claim that although two things weigh the same, one can't be heavier than the next.

You can't tell me how come some people can pick up a 10lb pack of copying paper and not pick up a 10lb dumbbell.

Do you even lift weights?
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    This is like a

train+wreck.jpg

TRAIN WRECK TRAIN WRECK.......I win cause I'm so smart and not into playing games except twister, beer pong, truth or dare, go fish and hide and go *kitten* yourself:-)
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    *munches popcorn*

Did you log it for yesterday, today or tomorrow? This one might not end in the near future! bwahahaha:drinker: :huh:
  • Ajbays10
    Ajbays10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Actually, yes. I am a scientist. If you can't understand the concept of weight and density, which you should have learned in middle school physics, you are obviously not ever going to understand this. If you don't understand the complete similarity between the words weight and heavy, which you should have learned in elementary school English, you are especially not going to get this.

Jorra, you are a scientist and you claim that although two things weigh the same, one can't be heavier than the next.

You can't tell me how come some people can pick up a 10lb pack of copying paper and not pick up a 10lb dumbbell.

O MY LANTA I think this whole "debate" debocle has started over from the very beginning!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Pants
  • bry_all01
    Options
    *munches popcorn*

can you please pass the bowl>? I'll share my wine....
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Tell me please, what exactly makes something heavy?
    :wink:
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    There is no way this is not an elaborate trolling event. It just has to be.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Yes, I claim that because it's correct. Not even science can tell me why you don't understand that.

The mind over matter hypothesis is absolutely correct. Your own perceptions of the dumbbell and ream of paper affect how you perceive their weight. You know they weigh they same, only the idea that one is a dumbbell makes it harder for you to lift. You perception is that dumbbells are heavy and you can't lift them, therefore you can't. You don't perceive paper to be heavy, so you don't struggle with it.

Yes, I lift weights. I also lift reams of paper. I have no trouble with either, especially when they have the same weight.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    The definition of how heavy something is, is a result of the force of gravity pulling on matter. Weight, on the other hand, is a measure of mass.

Force=(mass) x (acceleration)

So using the 10 lbs or muscle to 10 lbs of fat argument...

Pounds is a measure of mass. Last I checked, we are on Earth. Therefore acceleration is 9.80665 meters/second squared (or gravity). So next: to solve for force (or how heavy an object appears on Earth) we input into our equation.

If you input 10 lbs of muscle into the equation to determine how heavy something is (force), you get this:
    Force=(10) x (9.80665)

If you input 10 lbs of fat into the equation, you get this:
    Force=(10) x (9.80665)

Both equations will yield 98.0665 lb-meters/second squared.

Therefore 10 pounds of muscle is just as heavy as 10 pounds of fat and vice versa. :drinker:

So we can choose to put our trust in Sir Isaac Newton or accept that maybe you have just discovered a new type of physics. I'm not sure...