SKINNY CHICS & A ROOSTER TRIATHALON SIGN-UP THREAD (**CLOSE

Options

Replies

• carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I am really excited about this challeng. I want to do an individual ironman as I stated above. I would also be willing to be on a team. I can do any of the three as I want to complete this, but I do swim the most. It will probably take the full month to complete all three areas. If you want a chance to win, then use me as a swimmer. I am a newbie to this group so if there are others out there looking to fill in their team, let me know. By the way, my name is Carla. I am a 53 year old retired elementary teacher and administrator (don't hold that against me). I have been overweight all my life, but have always been relatively active. As I got older and heavier, my activity level decreased. I am trying to live healthier and think this is an awesome way to start along with healthy eating. Hope to hear from some others who are looking for team mate soon. Thanks.
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bump, so I can find it again without all the searching.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Carla & Bonne would you like to form a team? From each of your posts I think we could do:

Bonnie: biking
    Carla: swimming
    Greg: running/walking
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Just checking in and I realized I didn't introduce myself. I am Staci I have been on MFP regularly since Nov 1st 2010 and have lost 70 pounds. I have been in the 100+ to lose group since the beginning. I love my bicycle so I will be doing the riding leg of the Wabbid Wombats team ( Go Julie & Cynthia !) I am also going to do all three events in the olympic triathalon on my own. Yay! I am so looking forward to September.
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Greg sounds good I'll bike .
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Thanks Becky - sounds like we have a team going. I'll check back in once I catch up on the weekend post of our normal (or not so normal) :laugh: :laugh: thread.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    I am ReNae and I joined MFP in Feb 2011. I have also been in the 100+ to lose group since joining and have grown to love every one of them! I walk/jog daily and will be doing that leg for the Honey Badgers team ( Go Becky & Lexie!) I am also going to do all three events in the olympic triathalon on my own. YIKES on the rope jumping! Something new for me. I hope my 10 year old still has her jump rope! I have really enjoyed our challenges and I'm excited to kick some Wabbid Wombat *kitten*. Let the trash talk begin!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Sorry Greg, Carla's swimming with Sara and I...I had sent her a message before I saw ur post on here.

Becky, TRI-ing to Lose is as follows:

Bobbie--biking
    Sara--walking/jogging
    Carla--swimming

We are going for a full triathlon, as well as our individual goals.

Thanks so much for putting this together :-)
  • simplysara9
    Options
    I have been putting the information together for our spreadsheet..... here is what I have so far...

Individuals:
    Steph (ITU long)
    Sara (half)
    Lynn (full)
    JJ (full)
    Becky (full)
    Bobbie (full)
    Carla (full)
    Andrea (Olympic)
    Staci (Olympic)
    Bonnie (ITU long)
    Lexi (full)
    Renae (half)

Teams

Honey Badgers -- Becky (swimming) / Lexi (bicycling) / ???? (running)
    Wabbid Wombats -- Cynthia (swimming) / Staci (bicycling) / Julie (running)
    Tri-Ing to Lose -- Carla (swimming) / Bobbie (bicycling) / Sara (running)
    NO NAME TEAM -- Steph (swimming) / ???? (bicycling) / JJ (running)
    NO NAME TEAM -- ???? (swimming) / Bonnie (bicycling) // Greg (running)

Do I have all of this correct and is there anything I need to add if you have already listed your individual or team information?
  • StaciO
    Options
    ReNae- Don't even think about kicking wombat *kitten*. Wombats A$$e$ are mostly cartiledge and it will hurt.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how this works, but if Bonnie can slide up to Steph's team and if the honey badgers would have me then I think the existing teams would be full. Does that make sense?
  • simplysara9
    Options
    I'm not sure how this works, but if Bonnie can slide up to Steph's team and if the honey badgers would have me then I think the existing teams would be full. Does that make sense?

I think this is what you meant.... Does this work for the individuals and teams that it would affect?

Honey Badgers -- Becky (swimming) / Lexi (bicycling) / Greg (running)
    NO NAME TEAM -- Steph (swimming) / Bonnie (bicycling) / JJ (running)
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    My name is Julie. Been on MFP since Jan. 2011. I am on the Wabbid Wombats team. Which will put a bit of Wombats on all your ashes, just sayin. Lets the Games begin!!!!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options

I think this is what you meant.... Does this work for the individuals and teams that it would affect?

Honey Badgers -- Becky (swimming) / Lexi (bicycling) / Greg (running)
    NO NAME TEAM -- Steph (swimming) / Bonnie (bicycling) / JJ (running)

Actually ReNae is our runner... for the Honey Badgers!

Greg -- we will find a team for you... don't give in yet...
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    May need to check in with Andrea and Lynn... they could possibly form a team with you Greg! I'll check in on the other thread too!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    We've got Bonnie as our biker chic!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    ReNae- Don't even think about kicking wombat *kitten*. Wombats A$$e$ are mostly cartiledge and it will hurt.

We'll see - here are a couple of YouTube videos - check out the differences!

CUDDLY WOMBATS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk4BA6eDwuU

HONEY BADGERS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    I have been putting the information together for our spreadsheet..... here is what I have so far...

Individuals:
    Steph (ITU long)
    Sara (half)
    Lynn (full)
    JJ (full)
    Becky (full)
    Bobbie (full)
    Carla (full)
    Andrea (Olympic)
    Staci (Olympic)
    Bonnie (ITU long)
    Lexi (full)
    Renae (half)

Teams

Honey Badgers -- Becky (swimming) / Lexi (bicycling) / ???? (running)
    NO NAME TEAM -- Steph (swimming) / ???? (bicycling) / JJ (running)
    NO NAME TEAM -- ???? (swimming) / Bonnie (bicycling) // Greg (running)

Do I have all of this correct and is there anything I need to add if you have already listed your individual or team information?

I will be doing the Olympic on my own.
    thanks

Go Honey Badgers!
  • StaciO
    Options
    Okay, Renae. I see how you are. But at least wombats have cool square shaped poop(kind of like little brown dice lying around) No really I'm not kidding. My son actually saw it at the zoo once and asked the zoo keeper that was nearby. So we got a 15 minute talk about wombat poop. LOL

Go Wabbid Wombats!!!
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello, All my favorite losers!

*stands up and waves* My name is Eileen and I joined MFP about a month ago. I am an addict... (oops wrong room):laugh: I have lurked in the corners of the 100+ to lose thread since late July and joined the August challenge where I have delightfully surprised myself.:bigsmile:

I would like to sign-up for an individual challenge (Olympic) since I will be away for vacation in the middle of September.:happy:

Now I need to go make sure I actually have a bike still. :grumble: