SKINNY CHICS & A ROOSTER TRIATHALON SIGN-UP THREAD (**CLOSE

Options

Replies

• CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My name is Julie and I am on the womping all your booties, Wabbid Wombats. I will be running/walking for the GREAT TEAM of the Wabbid Wombats!!! Just sayin'
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Seriously, the Wabbid Wombats are going to finish first. If I can bike 20 miles in under 2 hours just think of how many I can do in a whole day. And here in the US next weekend is a holiday. In theory, I could ride my whole distance in one weekend. Okay, okay, if my fanny can hold up.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Just 20 miles in 2 hours??? Oh c'mon Staci...I do 16 in 1 hour...you're really gonna have to keep up...lmao

Watch out for the Tri-ceratops!!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    OH Staci... It's On Like Donkey Kong! Honey Badgers don't care! Honey Badgers don't give a *kitten*! You saw the Video... we are going to kick, scratch, claw, and dig our way to victory!

AND Bobbi... the Honey Badgers aren't afraid of no dinosaurs! We may be small but we are vicious and apparently stupid... we eat cobras as appetizers before moving on to other things... so step aside, step aside...

Honey Badgers are Winning this Thang!
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Well, I am not going to kick anyone's behind but my own!:bigsmile: I am Eileen and I am doing the individual Olympic triathlon.

Though I hope there will be another team challenge so that I can join in when I am not planning on goiong on vacation.:happy:

Good luck to all! :happy:
  • simplysara9
    Options
    Hello ladies, I was going through the team info, and I'm biking for us...Carla is swimming.

I fixed it!:happy:
  • simplysara9
    Options
    Seriously, the Wabbid Wombats are going to finish first. If I can bike 20 miles in under 2 hours just think of how many I can do in a whole day. And here in the US next weekend is a holiday. In theory, I could ride my whole distance in one weekend. Okay, okay, if my fanny can hold up.

Good Luck with that! You might not be able to walk come Tuesday!
  • tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm going to attempt the full ironman - good goal!
  • simplysara9
    Options
    I'm going to attempt the full ironman - good goal!

I saw you introduced yourself on the 100+ thread. I am glad that you found us.

Introduce yourself a little over here too so everyone gets to know you!

BTW -- welcome to the group!:happy:
  • tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a 3-week newbie to MFP and looking forward to hanging out with some like-minded folks as I work towards my personal goals. Taking up the challenge of the full iron man.

I'm a teacher in Houston with an overly busy schedule and not a lot of extra time.
  • andilynn82
    andilynn82 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just confirming that I'm the biker with Lynn and Greg (we need to think of a team name!) and will be completing an individual Olympic (at least!) triathalon :)
  • lombrica
    Options
    I'm a 3-week newbie to MFP and looking forward to hanging out with some like-minded folks as I work towards my personal goals. Taking up the challenge of the full iron man.

I'm a teacher in Houston with an overly busy schedule and not a lot of extra time.

Please forgive me in advance... but some basic housekeeping here...

We would love to welcome you to do an Individual Triathalon as a part of the challenge... as you become more comfortable with the group and stick with us for a bit, than we would love to welcome you to a group challenge. We have had lots of "ins" and "outs" of people -- so we are hopeful to have steady, regular, routine members.

However, to participate in the challenge... we do need to know your name! :wink: You will see that I have asked others this same question... it's just a little more helpful to provide support, etc. if we actually know each others names. Thanks in advance.

~ Becky
  • lombrica
    Options
    Just confirming that I'm the biker with Lynn and Greg (we need to think of a team name!) and will be completing an individual Olympic (at least!) triathalon :)

You all have to get a name picked ASAP!! Tomorrow is August 30th and I'd like to have the name picked by say 6 PM tomorrow - Cynthia and Sara have been working out some spreadsheets, etc. We have Team Mascots on that sheet -- so please pick something that we can EASILY find a mascot to go along with it! Sorry to be a pain... but as the organizer for September I am gonna take that task on. I want to make sure that they both have the time needed to get things ready for posting on the evening of August 31. We need to be ready to go live as of Midnight on Sept 1, especially b/c we have people as far away (and in earlier time zones) as London England.

If you haven't picked a name... Cynthia has some already "pre-done" and will assign you a name.

THANK YOU!!
  • lombrica
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: SUBSTITUTES -- INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT A CURRENT TEAM :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

For any of our regular members that are eligible for a Team Triathalon... but do not yet have a team. Here is the solution that I have come up with. Please make sure that you are signed up for an Individual Triathalon. Please also let me know you are interested in being a Substitute.

Here's how it will work... You will be placed on a list in the order that I receive notice that you want to be added to the list. If someone on a team drops out (we have put standards in place to avoid this happening, but just in case) then the substitute 1 will be added to that team and cover the event that the dropped person was doing. If someone on a team is injured, the next substitute would be added to that team. IT'S IMPORTANT that as a substitute -- you are doing everything you can in the 3 events because you never know which event you will be responsible for. Additionally, the person who dropped out will also have all of their miles dropped and your miles will replace theirs. So, if Jane drops from biking for the Pretty Penguins and she had 56 miles completed, Judy is the substitute and has 34 miles of biking... The Pretty Penguins are now at 34 miles of biking. HOWEVER, if the person drops due to injury - the substitute will pick up right where the injured team member left off.

Remember -- to participate in the Team Triathalons you have to have already been involved with the 100+ to Lose Thread on a regular basis, having been involved in one of our challenges is even better! This isn't about excluding anyone -- but again, we have had a tremendous amount of people who have not had the follow-through. That is not fair to your team. Therefore, we did this as a "closed" thread and set up some basic standards. Additionally - you need to introduce yourself to include your actual real name and let us know what event(s) you will be doing.

Any questions - please let me know!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Okie doke! So I may or may not have done this yet but guess what I will do it again. I am Staci and I will be doing the bicycle leg of the Wabbid Wombats (Go Cynthia and Julie). I will also be doing an individual Olympic length triathalon (Go me) I am so looking forward to all of the other teams eating our dust.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this as I'm not going to make my mark on Augusts challenge!
    So looks like we are restating what we are doing:
    I'm stephanie and I am swimming for the Stitch Witches and doing an individual ITU length triathlon!
    Sister leaves Thursday morning so I'll be back proper soon!
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    is it to late to join?

My name is Nancy and I will be doing the individual Triathlon here. I will be doing Running/walking, Swimming and Jump roping for the month of September.

I will be doing the full Ironwoman as well.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options

We really do need a name. I suck at coming up with things like this. All I can think of is "Two Chicks & a Coq", but I realize that could be pretty offensive to some people. :blushing: I'm really not "that kind of guy", but for whatever reason the name popped into my head and now I can't think of anything else. :tongue:
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am Carla and am a member of the Tri-ceratops with Bobbie and Sara. I will be swimming and plan on finishing that by labour day. I am also doing an individual Iron Man which will take a bit longer (OK a lot longer) but I have to finish by the 22nd because I am going on my retirement trip with my husband and will be gone for a month.

I am not afraid of those Wabid Wombats, Stitch Witches or anything else. Tri-ceratops are man-eaters!!

Greg, I'm with you, I can not come up with cute names either so I am glad I have creative team mates.

Game on everyone, less than 48 hours until start!! :laugh:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

We really do need a name. I suck at coming up with things like this. All I can think of is "Two Chicks & a Coq", but I realize that could be pretty offensive to some people. :blushing: I'm really not "that kind of guy", but for whatever reason the name popped into my head and now I can't think of anything else. :tongue:

HAHAHAHAHAHA THAT is GREAT!!! I really am over here rolling!!!!!!!