SKINNY CHICS & A ROOSTER TRIATHALON SIGN-UP THREAD (**CLOSE

Options

Replies

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Good morning Tri-athletes! 8 days until we start this new challenge.

Becky/Sara - Any updates on teams?

I haven't tried the jump rope yet but plan on it soon. I'm pretty sure my 10year old can kick my butt in that leg of the race.
    I was mentioning on our other thread that it might be run to track # of lbs released for each team during this challenge (since that's why we're all here). Maybe not as a competition but just to see how we do as a whole.

Go Honey Badgers!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Just jumping in after re-reading this thread, I think this is what we have so far for teams:

Honey Badgers -- Becky (swimming) / Lexi (bicycling) / Renae (running)
    Wabbid Wombats -- Cynthia (swimming) / Staci (bicycling) / Julie (running)
    Tri-Ing to Lose -- Carla (swimming) / Bobbie (bicycling) / Sara (running)
    Stitch Witches-- Steph (swimming) / Bonnie (bicycling) / JJ (running)

Still looking for teammates: Dusty (running) and Greg (running)

I played around on the stairclimber thingie and the rowing machine yesterday at the gym and will have to give them both another go to decide which one I will do for the swimming portion of my individual. (Both are really hard!)
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Hey all! Just stopping in to say that the Wabbid Wombats weally wock! And to say that I am good with tracking weight lost as a team for this challenge too.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    We're cuddly with square poo? Okay check. ;)

But I'm telling you we will swim from Los Angeles to Honolulu to win this ****. So y'all are screwed. And I got nothin' better to do dammit. I will rent a boat and Paddle board/swim the whole damn way. :P I can hawaiian sling for my dinner and live off what ever marine mammal swims by me for fluid ;) I'm just sayin... I got a garmin gps.. I'm just inclined to do it to see how much I'd effin lose.

Okay that being said.

Sara are you keeping track of people who are teaming up and also their solo entries so we can get that data sheet set up? send me your email address on "Teh Google" So I can add you as an authenticated editor of the sheet so when you find out who be doin what you can edit the sheet so I can plotz formulas in the middle of the night or whenever it gets changed. So we can be ready on go day :)

OH and hi everyone :) boogly boo... I shat all over my perfect diet record. I had pizza today. :D I'll splain in the other thread ;)

Wolfy
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you fuzzy creatures are chattering about, but the three of us who are "TRI-ing to lose" are gonna whip your tails...just saying.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you all are talking about cause these 'witches' have this competition all stitched up!!!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Been training for the triathalon and am getting really excited. The swimming in in the bag with .5 each day. The walking/running will kill me as I can only get about 1.5 miles in each day. I am up to about 7.0 miles a day on the bike though.

TRI-ing to win will kick some serious booty here. Let's go team!! (Bobbie and Sara)
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Oops, I mean tri-ing to lose.
    :blushing:
  • andilynn82
    andilynn82 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've been away from MFP most of the week so I'm a bit behind, just wanted to say I can be a biker or a walk/runner for any team that needs one. Our exercise bike is moving back in the house this weekend!
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Oops, I mean tri-ing to lose.
    :blushing:

Don't worry...we're TRI-ing to do both...lol
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The Stitch Witches are going to leave you in stitches because we'll compete until it's complete
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    oooh okay that's new gotta find that mascot then ;)

right... then... Okay officially sign me up for individual swim...
    and since it's my understanding I can't do team swim,(which also counts individual) and individual run/walk on same day..... I can't do separate days... it's going to take all i've got in pool time to do the full IM
    i can't handle land mammal this month, ****ty foot officially taking me out of the punting there, not even going to try, bugger it all.
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    Okay and um not to be well... *****y... I'll go with it . But Is there any waaaaay you guys on Tri-ing-to lose could come up with maybe an animal or something in your name, so I can find a mascot for you? because I can't find a mascot for you with that name...?
    I hate to do that to you :( Even if you just put an animal in front of that name, That's good enough for me :)D
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Okay and um not to be well... *****y... I'll go with it . But Is there any waaaaay you guys on Tri-ing-to lose could come up with maybe an animal or something in your name, so I can find a mascot for you? because I can't find a mascot for you with that name...?
    I hate to do that to you :( Even if you just put an animal in front of that name, That's good enough for me :)D

Not my team (GO Stitch Witches!) but what about a TRIceratops?
  • simplysara9
    Options

Not my team (GO Stitch Witches!) but what about a TRIceratops?

I like the Triceratops. Gotta love dinosaurs! We shall see if my other members agree!
  • k2quiere
    Options
    TRIceratops it is! My 18-year-old daughter says that Rawr means I love you in dinosaur...for this challenge, we are going to love ourselves while we beat all of you :-) Have a great day!!
  • simplysara9
    Options
    I bought my jump rope today for my "swimming" in my individual tri. I haven't jumped an actual rope in years! I have done the jump roping exercises in 30DS and Insanity where you pretend to jump rope but this is going to be a challenge. It also has weighted handles so that should be fun, a little extra work to it!
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I bought a jumprope about a month back and the only reason it is out of the package is because my girls were playing with it. It's really sad, but I CANNOT seem to motivate myself to do any kind of working out at home. I HAVE to get out of the house.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    OK - I sent out an APB for Becky. Has anyone heard from her? I hope all is well.

Only 5 more days until we become tri-athletes!
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I will be doing the individual:

My name is Brisa. Since I already Jog/Walk around 60 miles a month and ride my bike around 80 miles a month I don’t see this being a problem. I jog or walk at LEAST 2 miles per day, and we do 20 miles biking with the family on Sundays. I will have to find a way to fit swimming in. I love to swim, but since I hate how I look in swimming gear, I don’t expose others to it. LOL. Looking forward to this challenge.
    Name..................................................Swim.........................Bike.........................Run
    Full (Ironman) ....................................2.4mi..........................112mi......................26.2mi
    ..........................................................(3.8km).......................(180km).................(42.195km)