Your first concert....?

Options

Replies

• MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    1990 - I was 13 and it was New Kids On The Block with my mom and my cousin.
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    My husband took me to see Hot Chocolate on our first date back in 1975..I can still remember belting out the lyrics to "I believe in Miracles you sexy thing" .....the memory makes me cringe!
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Year: 1979, I think
    Headline Act: Jefferson Starship
    Support: .38 Special

I've seen better since.
  • kippit
    kippit Posts: 78
    Options
    Dating myself but...KISS
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Showing my age here......Showaddywaddy at Brighton - 1981 or 1982....

Also seen Lighthouse Family, BeeGees & Neil Diamond (4 times!)

Sue :smile: x
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    1989..Denver..Mcnichols sports arena..(Torn down to build the Papsi center)...EnVogue, Vanilla Ice, and MC Hammer..for my 14th b-day
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Metallica with Corrosion of Conformity as openers, in 95. Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. Security guys lifted me & another girl over the gates so we could get down on the floor, but didn't let our boyfriends by. We ditched the guys & took off for the mosh pit! Great show, love COC.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I'm almost embarrassed to say -- Statler Brothers in 1976 with my mother. I was 10! Anyone remember the song Elvira (giddy up, giddy up, maw maw). What I remember most is that I got all 7 autographs! Then Aerosmith at 16 -- friggen awesome!!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Bare Naked Ladies in the early 90s when I was like 7 or 8. I didn't understand everything they were saying, but they threw mac 'n' cheese in the air, which I appreciated at the time
  • MrsMills712
    Options
    1998- 98 Degrees - Ft.Wayne, IN - An arena full of screaming girls - I probably got permanent hearing damage from that, but remember loving every moment of it. I bought my first over priced concert t-shirt which I couldn't wait to show off at school the next day :-P
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    there are lots of good first gigs on here...mine was Silverchair at Brixton Academy, I think in '99 - I had to really put a lot of effort into persuading my parents to let me go. I went with someone who ended up being my boyfriend for 6 years afterwards. We were sitting down in the balcony, which wasn't exactly 'wild' but I enjoyed it anyway!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    NKOTB in 1990 at Joe Robbie Stadium in south Florida. I was 12. So was my bestie, Jenny. My mom had to come with us b/c neither of our parents felt we were old enough to be at a concert alone. My mom sat like a lump throughout the entire concert, didn't stand once. I was so embarrassed. Jenny liked Donnie, and I was in lurve with Joey!!! Ah, good times with her. My ears were buzzing in bed that night from all the screaming. I kinda miss her. After Hurricane Andrew came through a couple years later, I never saw her again.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Van Morrison at Glastonbury festival 1982. I was 6. I still remember it, dragging my mum to the front and everyone letting us past because i was little. Wouldnt happen these days.
    The next one was the Pogues at Womad in 1985. My mum made me and my friend pretend we were younger so we'd get in free. Me and my friend climbed on stage with them and sat at the side. It was brilliant, couldnt do THAT these days either.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Otc 1978 - 10cc - Usher Hall, Edinburgh. I was 13 going on 14 and went with my best pal Steve (his folks drove us there and back).

It's has hardy sex and drugs and rock n roll... all very sedate, all seated venu and we were sat in the upper circle. I think the supporting act was Sad Café (brilliant Manchester-based AOR group whose lead singer was the other Paul Young, dearly departed, who was singer with Mike & the Mechanics.)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I used to work for the CU (University of Colorado) field house selling cokes and hot dogs from 7th to 9th grade and was asked to work the Who concert in 1981 or 1982(?) but my mom wouldn't let me because it was right after those people got trampled at one of their shows and she thought I'd get trampled!!! So my first concert (I was working) was Simon & Garfunkel in 8th grade...first real ROCK concert was Bon Jovi and Ratt in 1985. Most recent concert was Lynch Mob last Wednesday night, next one is probably Def Leppard next week...Still a huge concert goer...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,646 Member
    Options
    1987 Beastie Boys and Run DMC.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm almost embarrassed to say -- Statler Brothers in 1976 with my mother. I was 10! Anyone remember the song Elvira (giddy up, giddy up, maw maw). What I remember most is that I got all 7 autographs! Then Aerosmith at 16 -- friggen awesome!!

"Elvira" was actually done originally by Kenny Rogers and then by the Oak Ridge Boys--I only know this cause my dad had that 8 track (yes, I said EIGHT TRACK lol) and played it constantly LOL
  • stormbaby
    stormbaby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, the late, great King of Pop, Michael Jackson. Wembley Stadium, 1992. I was only 11.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    My first concert was at the Hershey Park Stadium in '97. I was 17 years old. It was Aerosmith with Soul Asylum and Screaming Trees. My best friend and I went. She snuck some pot into the stadium so it was an extra fun night.... :wink: :wink:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    NKOTB!! Dont remember the year. I think I was 9?