Your first concert....?

Options

Replies

• remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was into local bands when I was in high school, so I saw a lot of Guster - who made it big after I stopped listening. I saw Lords of Acid in 1999 at The Roxy in Boston, although that's not a big venue/concert hall - but it was my first "adult" concert.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Van Halen - 1984. It was at Maple Leaf Gardens. There were about 10 of us, ranging in age from 14-16. It was amazing.

I was 14.

JEALOUS!!!!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    1986...Cincinnati Gardens...Iron Maiden on their "Somewhere on Tour" tour...don't remember the opening band cuz they sucked, but Maiden rocked...it was the loudest concert I ever went to until I saw Metallica in '96. I was 15 and went with my two cousins...first time I ever got a contact high...great times!
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    I love reading everyone's posts!!!

It was 1993, I was 20 and saw Lenny Kravitz and Blind Melon. Blind Melon was the opening band and THE only reason I went. I LOVED that band!!!!! It was at the U of Delaware's stadium.
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My first was Bon Jovi in 1995, when I was 16 or 17. Was a very cool concert, although I didn't drink at that point so it was very restrained :)

Last band I saw was 30 Seconds to Mars I think - pretty good, although my favourite live show was Metallica, followed closely by Rammstein and U2 (both of whom put on spectacular shows)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh.....98* in 1998 I think. Jessica Simpson opened for them
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    First concert ever? Sha Na Na with my entire family at Oakdale in CT. Bowzer threw his towel and my aunt caught it!

First concert that counted? Metallica at Madison Square Garden some time in the 80's.

Best concert? Psychedilc Furs, 1986, University of Bridgeport, it was snowing and less than 40 people showed up, it was more like hanging out with friends instead of a concert, my boyfriend actually got to play drums with them on a song
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    The Beatles the year they came to Vancouver PNE, OMG what a show, and I was standing in a line up when the black limo slowly drove by, Paul handed me a pair of Ringo's drum sticks and swoosh, someone grabbed them out of my hands. Great memory.

I would literally kill to have that memory to myself.
  • Milziemooxx
    Milziemooxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Spice girls at Wembley arena in 1998 :bigsmile:
    I saw them again at the o2 in 2007 when they did the reunion tour.

AMAZING!! :heart:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My 'first' was 1992- Billy Ray and Garth Brooks at the Indiana State Fair. I was only 5 and slept throught most of it.

I'm addicted to live music and concerts are my summertime favorite. This summer has been the greatest so far: Booker T, the Black Keys, Cage the Elephant, Muse, Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock, Elton John(coming up).
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i think mine was B.E Taylor and Donny Iris way back then lol... at the local ViP at under 21 nights, they are local guys.. the other fist big huge concert was Rick Springfield. and many other concerts....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    It was the Selland Arena in Fresno -- 1969

Headliner was BB King
    There were two opening acts:
    -Elvin Bishop
    -Big Brother and the Holding Compan (with Janis Joplin)

That was my very first concert and over the next 42 years I have seen almost 1,000 concerts from AC/DC to ZZ Top. Every one in between. I still take in about 10 a year.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Officially It was December 4, 1981, Royal Oak Music Theater, Royal Oak Michigan, U2, front row! Unofficially I was dragged to a Journey/Pat Benatar concert at Freedom Hill in Sterling Heights Michigan in the summer of 1981, ... It's all good now :)
  • bubbyp
    bubbyp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The first concert I was dragged along to was in 2002, my mum thought she was doing a really good thing when she bought me tickets to see Westlife for my 21st birthday! :sad:

The first concert I ever purchased tickets for was equally as embarrasing, and thankfully a lot of you may not have heard of them... but in 2004/5 I went to see Busted!

My taste in music has evolved somewhat since then!

"I've been to the year 3000"

Love it!

Mine wasn't much better - steps and 911
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Best concert? Psychedilc Furs, 1986, University of Bridgeport, it was snowing and less than 40 people showed up, it was more like hanging out with friends instead of a concert, my boyfriend actually got to play drums with them on a song

That Psych Furs musta been great!!!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    My mom made me go see Air Supply with her in 1988. My first "real" concert was Steve Miller at Red Rocks in 1992. I am really lucky to live near Red Rocks which, in my opinion is the best outdoor venue anywhere. I've seen tons of great shows there including Tom Petty, Live, PJ Harvey, Dispatch, and Willie Nelson about 5 times. I'll see Willie anytime he comes here. I'm sad to see the concert season come to an end.
  • Robscofle
    Options
    Micheal Jackson. Live at Glasgow Green, Glasgow, Scotland early 1990s. Outdoor Concert. Massive sound and stage. AWESOME PERFORMER.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    My first concert, I was 16 years old and went to see Reel Big Fish. Slightly Stoopid opened for them. It was an awesome show!

I saw Slightly Stoopid a couple years ago with G Love and Ozomatli. Awesome show
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    My first concert was Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet Tour in 1987!! Was a great show!!
  • adamtwd88
    Options
    This might be fun... (then again, maybe not).

Share your first concert memory. Who was the headliner? Where was the venue? What year? Did you have fun.... get wild?

I'll start: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Boston Garden, 1981. Awesome show... I was 16. Drank vodka for the first time in my life. :sick:

my 1st:

Newcastle University, UK - 2003 - bands: ill nino, raging speedhorn, violent delight
    amazing time! - and still have them :D