Your first concert....?

Options

Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    My first concert was at the Hershey Park Stadium in '97. I was 17 years old. It was Aerosmith with Soul Asylum and Screaming Trees. My best friend and I went. She snuck some pot into the stadium so it was an extra fun night.... :wink: :wink:

SOUL ASYLUM!!! Agghhh one of my fave bands growing up hehe
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My first concert was Korn back in 1999, when I was 14 years old and got my very first taste of large insane crowds, crowd surfers, and mosh pits. :heart: Fell in love! Staind was opening for them, and non of us really knew who they were at the time.

The next year I went to the most memorable concert which was Ozzfest, with of course Ozzy headlining. Have no idea who opened because it was an all day concert with two stages. Some of the lineup was Incubus, POD, Queens of the Stone Age, Disturbed, Soulfly... and best ~Pantera and Godsmack!

I've been in love with concerts ever since. :)
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    1994 Suicidal tendencies, Danzig and Metallica. Jones beack long island... I was 13 Still the best show to dare that Ive been to.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    First was The Greg Kihn Band.

Then, when I was a freshman in college at a Day on the Green in Oakland, CA I saw Toto, Santana and Journey!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I was a freshman in high school and I saw Foreigner at the Summit in Houston, Texas. Which is now the home to Joel Osteen and Lakewood Church.
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    1976. KC and the Sunshine Band! Carowinds Palladium, Charlotte, NC. I was a whole 6 years old--my aunt took me. I remember a lot of spandex and platform boots :happy:
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Oh God... so funny.

Mine was N'SYNC in 2000.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    The first concert I was dragged along to was in 2002, my mum thought she was doing a really good thing when she bought me tickets to see Westlife for my 21st birthday! :sad:

The first concert I ever purchased tickets for was equally as embarrasing, and thankfully a lot of you may not have heard of them... but in 2004/5 I went to see Busted!

My taste in music has evolved somewhat since then!
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Jezzz mine was amazing my aunt took me to see The Greatful Dead when I was 10.....yeah i cam from a family of hippies lol
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Freshman in high school ('89)... Star Plaza Theatre in Merrillville, IN... Poison with my boyfriend.

I didn't even like Poison, but wanted to go cuz his dad had gotten us seats in "Celebrity Circle" and I wanted to brag about it to friends who actually liked Poison.

Later that year I saw Duran Duran at same venue with my besty. Didn't sit in Celebrity Circle, but had a MUCH better time!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    1990 Aerosmith Pump tour :smile:

My brothers girlfriend took me.....I remember being excited because they sang Dream On as the encore song

good times
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I was 13, 1998, NSYNC, at the Murat in Indianapolis, IN. I went with my sister and Britney Spears was the opener and we hadn't really heard of her yet. I remember my sister leaning over to me when she was on stage and saying "Is it just me or does she have a huge *kitten*?" Still one of my favorite memories with my sister. We had SUCH a great time!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    My first concert, I was 16 years old and went to see Reel Big Fish. Slightly Stoopid opened for them. It was an awesome show!
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Rod Stewart when I was in 9th grade. 1988, i think. Soooo, long ago. He was a hot old man - still is!
  • Tonilynn70
    Tonilynn70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Billy Idol Sept 8, 1984 - I was 14 -Nassau Coliseum with my older sister... still one of the best nights of my life... but my first concert without an adult (my sister was 23 at Billy Idol) was Dokken and Judas Priest at Nassau again... that was a great night too. I think I was 16... lol.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band--2007--Alpine Valley. I was 19. Had lawn seats the first night, the second night I had 4th row seats. And they opened with The Dreaming Tree (First time they EVER opened with it) and it was INCREDIBLE. In-cred-i-ble.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Van Halen - 1984. It was at Maple Leaf Gardens. There were about 10 of us, ranging in age from 14-16. It was amazing.

I was 14.
  • chickeesmom
    Options
    The Beatles the year they came to Vancouver PNE, OMG what a show, and I was standing in a line up when the black limo slowly drove by, Paul handed me a pair of Ringo's drum sticks and swoosh, someone grabbed them out of my hands. Great memory.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    pretty sure it was a Christian pop boy band. hahaha. i wish i could say i was dragged against my will, but at 13, i thought they were the coolest thing since popsicles.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    It was a music festival called Mountain Air in 1985. A mix of bands - R.E.M., Berlin, Ratt, Huey Lewis and the News, and the Cars (in that order). The Cars were the headliners but Huey Lewis got the biggest crowd response.