Pet Peeve - logging non 'exercise' exercise

Options

Replies

• kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Unless it's causing you to not lose weight (or gain it), why in the world would it drive you crazy?

I don't log those things, but it's none of my business if someone else does.

I second this. Why is it worth the energy to get peeved? I've got so much stuff going on in my life, and my family's, why on earth bother with what may or may not work for people I don't even know?
    I want to know why it's worth my energy to third this? Why am I expending the energy to agree with you agreeing with the earlier post you quoted disagreeing with the original poster? What is wrong with me? I needs a hug.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    You said several times that you wrote it in "30 seconds" and moved on and that it didn't give the whole picture.

That's "puking it out."

Think about it next time.

And consider that you are certainly entitled to express an opinion, but when that opinion is judgmental and nasty, people are going to respond and express their own opinions.

No. I just type really quickly.

How was it nasty? I said it drove *me* crazy. I made it to be MY issue, and it is. I didn't say that someone was stupid or uneducated for doing it. I said that it made ME feel a certain way. And I wrongly felt safe to express MY feeling on this board. A mistake I will not make again.

Is it wrong for everyone else to express their "feelings" on your feelings?Or are only you allowed to do that?
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I never log "non-exercise". I just consider it a bonus---if I know I've walked around an amusement park all day, well that's awesome. No need for me to log it. I also don't comment on people's exercise "good job!" "great burn!" etc, if I don't think it's that big of a deal. I don't feel bad. Nothing nice to say, I don't say it. I know what you mean, OP, though...
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Unless it's causing you to not lose weight (or gain it), why in the world would it drive you crazy?

I second this. Why is it worth the energy to get peeved? I've got so much stuff going on in my life, and my family's, why on earth bother with what may or may not work for people I don't even know?
    I want to know why it's worth my energy to third this? Why am I expending the energy to agree with you agreeing with the earlier post you quoted disagreeing with the original poster? What is wrong with me? I needs a hug.

*HUGS*
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    i log cleaning because its not in the genreal activity
  • airind
    airind Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm starting to catch the drift that only SHE is allowed to express an opinion. If you don't agree with her, you're supposed to just suck it up and move on.

It wasn't clear if that was directed at me, but no that's not it. I just don't see how in any situation, name calling and anger will get results or get someone to see the other side of an argument. It's not productive. There have been many thoughtfully constructed posts as to why they don't agree, and those are the ones that can change minds.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You know what drives me crazy? When people complain about what others are doing. Stop looking at it then. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

P.S. I log my cleaning time. Sometimes I log the time I teach as "walking" if I've worn my pedometer... reeeeeeeebel ! :tongue:
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options

*Doles out an It will all be ok hug* ;)
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I will only record things that I don't do on a regular basis. Like today, I'm counting washing my truck as cleaning! Ha! I'm gonna get my HRM on for the waxing though! I also counted the painting of walls I did this past weekend as "cleaning". I did not wear my HRM and kinda wished I did. I do not count vacuuming, dishes, laundry, sweeping ... etc since I do this weekly and I got fat doing this weekly! Ha!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Can't we all just have some shakeology and go back to curling reams of paper?
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Pet peeves are just an excuse to be ticked off about things that you have no good reason to be ticked off about. Let it go. It has nothing to do with you.

:heart:
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    If you had used the handy search button up there^, you would see that this complaint has been brought to the people of MFP's attention more than once. Get over it. :smile:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I agree. I walk five miles a day on my job but I do not log that.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Can't we all just have some shakeology and go back to curling reams of paper?

:heart: :laugh:
  • Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have logged grocery shopping, unloading groceries and food prep. I did it one day. That was because I didn't have time to go to the gym and I felt like lifting the bags of groceries into the bed of my truck and lifting them out and bringing them all into the house was a decent workout. I had spent about an hour and a half or more on those things and I was prepping food at the same time as everything else. It required some up and down of the stairs, some lifting, going in and out of the house and it was super hot outside, and also fetching with my dog while I grill. It felt vigorous at the time. I'm also not very big, so I didn't feel like feeling guilty for wanting an extra 100 or so calories for dinner when it was a healthy dinner and I was still trying to adjust to the 1200 calories a day. Even though I only logged it that day, I think it helped me not get discouraged about wanting 1300 calories and I felt like I deserved that extra 100 at the time. I was starving and I didn't want to feel bad about eating my already healthy, low calorie dinner. Didn't think I should suffer for a poor breakfast choice.

Perhaps this is just self justification, but at least I didn't just completely over do it. we dont have the ac on in part of the house and when i clean and make frequent trips up and down the stairs sometimes I am more tired than I am after a 30 min run. I think it's okay if you want it to count for something. I only clean and grocery shop once a week. I don't log my daily tasks.
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    To the OP- since you are new to MFP, I will just go ahead and tell you, you WILL be crucified for anything and everything you say. If people don't criticize the content of your post, it will be your spelling, grammar, punctuation, SOMETHING. Trust me, it's happened to most of us on this site. Just a little friendly tip!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people care what other people do or don't do....I mean how does it effect your day if someone chooses to log THEIR exercise? Just because it's not exercise to you doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else...Good grief!
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options

If walking 5 miles is part of your routine, it should be accounted for in your activity level. Personally, I don't scrub floors, showers, etc. for hours every day. SO when I do it once every couple of months, I log it because it is not part of my daily routine.
  • airind
    Options
    To the OP- since you are new to MFP, I will just go ahead and tell you, you WILL be crucified for anything and everything you say. If people don't criticize the content of your post, it will be your spelling, grammar, punctuation, SOMETHING. Trust me, it's happened to most of us on this site. Just a little friendly tip!

Doesn't really inspire me to post, now does it? Oh well! I have thick skin, which is a good thing :)
  • airind
    Options

If walking 5 miles is part of your routine, it should be accounted for in your activity level. Personally, I don't scrub floors, showers, etc. for hours every day. SO when I do it once every couple of months, I log it because it is not part of my daily routine.

Exactly, exactly, exactly.
    My only point was people were logging things that are absolutely part of their normal, every day routine. But chose to log them one day just to earn more calories or to make it look like they did something extra. These were things they do every. single. day. Not above and beyond, or vigorous. Or out of the ordinary day routine. And no, these people are not complete strangers and it just seemed like a theme today on my wall.
This discussion has been closed.