TURBO FIRE 8/22: The Holiday Countdown!!!!

Options

Replies

• becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Did fire 45 today- love boom I got your boyfriend!

My arms. No, make that my body is aching after CLX yesterday! Ouchy!
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm in week 6 and noticed that stretch 10 isn't really on the schedule this month only Stretch 40once a week. Did you all add stretch 10 or did you just follow the schedule?

Anyway this morning I did Fire 30, Tone 30 and a jog. Boy I'm ready for a nap...lol
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! It's been a while but I too have been keeping up with the workouts! Mid-way through Week 11 and so excited. Did HIIT 25 and Tone 30 today--- starting to love both a lot and starting to feel stronger since I started back up seriously about three weeks ago. This past weekend, I was up in Jersey and my b/f and I stayed at his Mom's house. She has a home gym so I just did my version of HIIT 25 on the elliptical and as much of Sculpt 30 exercises as I could since for some reasonshe has no DVD or TV in the living room-- the only place with space. But I basically burned the same amount! woohoo!!! It feels good when you can take any workout and get the most out of it.

Yes, the potlucks, candy, pies, cookies, puddings everything has been flowing NONSTOP in my office since Halloween! Even sits in my cube. But I've been pretty good and very judicious in what I eat. While I haven't lost any significant weight, I'm getting more toned and feeling better and don't feel guilty when I eat that cookie--- so I'm feeling pretty good now. I know the flow of food won't last forever but know I must keep exercising! :) Yay for willpower!

Tomorrow is Fire 55EZ! Woohoo ... looking forward to the "back, back, forth and forth" exercise. LOL!!!
  • becka63
    Options
    Oh I am still so sore today!!

Never mind, pushed on through HIIT 15 and Tone 30 and threw in a bit more ChaLean extreme- I'm loving that by the way!

How's everyone else doing? I can't believe I'm on week 9 already, I haven't lost any weight but I've toned up and lost inches, so it's all good!
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    GOOOOOOOD AFTERNOON ALL!

Well I gotta say, I am loving life right now! Things are just so good and well again I stress that the endurance I have gained from this workout is amazing! Even my balance is pretty great! So just remember, if you aren't seeing that scale move, there are other things at work there! :) I know it's totally "humanistic" of us all to want to lose lose lose lose, but being healthy is something we can all achieve and we are all going to achieve it differently!

I am sorry I haven't been on as much but with this new training in the afternoons and then taking classes at night and working out in the mornings, I have like NO TIME! LOL I am getting it done though!

I will say that adding so many workouts has been good, and my body is most definitely "feeling" it in a good way, but I have had a problem with my food allowance! I mean, I used to burn 400-700 calories a day and now on days I do barre/pilates and yoga I am burning about double that! So I am still working with my calories!

HERE IS A WhAT I AM NOT DOING! I am not working out more and NOT eating! People (I know you are all good with this, but just a reader or something or reminder) YOU HAVE TO EaT! Eating is what gives us our energy TO workout, to do our daily chores to sleep well and to just function! We need to have calories and if you are working out a lot and burning a ton and feel hungry... EAT! Granted, I ahve totally upped my carbs, FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT! :)

TFIRE UPDATE
    I had to switch some days around and did Tfire60 today and MAN OH MAN, I KILLED IT! I have taken some rest days and well my body is rejuvenated! I think all the extra yoga/stretching is helping too! It feels good! Can't wait to see the results! FOR ALL OF US!

Becka- way to push through that pain girl! As long as it's a good pain, the best thing to do is to push through it and keep moving those muscles! :) Granted, you know the difference between an good pain and an injury! You rock Glad to hear that you aren't congested any longer!

HOYA_ way to get a workout in while in Jersey! That is dedication and well, it wasn't that difficult right? Wow, week 11 YOU GO! :D I know what you mean about the potlucks, the candy, the specials etc This is the time that we HAVE to buckle down. Here and there turns into 1-2 times a week and before yo know it, weight gain! Keep going! You are doing awesome! :)

Jatiah- I think if you want to add in stretch 10 go ahead OR just spend some extra time stretching the muscles that you notice are REALLY tight! Tha tis what I do, i get really bored with Stretch 10 !LOL Oooh, and a nap sounds good! :)

PRETTY WITTY- Glad to have you back girl AND to hear that you have been rocking your workouts! Keep going! HOw have your results been?!?!?? Are you going to show us some before and afters?!?!? :) JK JK You can do whatever you want! :) Glad to have ou lady ! :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hello all! JUst stopping in! So busy lately! That is good though, right?!?!?

I am so excited, I have Tfire 55 (bumping up to 60) tomorrow AND my husband is going to do it with me! :D:D:D We used to do it together all the time, but he has since been riding his bike! Anyway, super excited to do that in the morning, then will be eating raw corn on the cob and "tlt sandwiches!" Tempeh, lettuce, tomato on sesame sprouted bread and then downtown for two hours of yoga! It's going to be a fabulous Sunday!

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: HOW WILL YOU BUMP IT UP FOR THANKSGIVING?

Me, I'm just planning to stick to plan and since I Don't have yoga/barre from tuesday to Saturday, I will be adding in jillian michaels to my tfire routine! :D
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Took a couple days off from TF but I'm back at it today. Did Hiit 20 and Sculpt 30. Thinking of doing tomorrow's workout as well. I think it's Fire 55? We'll see.....haha.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd be epic and do core 20, fire 45, stretch 10, got my nice little 570 calorie burn but then ate it all back up again :-( (Normally do eat back exercise calories but I went so consistently over during the weekend, I really need to get some deficits cranking again).
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hi guys! Sounds like you are doing great! Whether you take a day off here or there or eat back calories, it's okay! We are building stregnth and endurance and well I really am amazed at HOW strong I have gotten! :)

Well, this is week 14 for me!!! Can't believe it! :) I am really going to make this last 6 weeks count! After all, I want to end well! I will say that my weight loss has been slowing down (I weigh myself in a week or two I think- since I only do it monthly) but I'm okay with that! I'm maintaining and that is great news!

Anyway, still struggling with burning these 1000 calories a day! I need to UP my food a lot and am struggling to find the calories! SOoooo, added in more peanut butter and banana smoothies and well so far so good! :) ALso, a cooked breakfast of quinoa or oatmeal is back in the repotoire, even though i don't like cooked foods before 5pm. SOooo, we'll see hwo I do!

SUPER LOVING LIFE AT THE MOMENT!

We are booking an end of December week visit to caves in AZ and are going to Tombstone, Bisbee and of course Kartchner Caves! SO exciting! We are going to do the 3.5-4 hour tour of two different caves and also do a lot of hiking and of course bring our mountain bikes! :) I love that their cafe has veggie food too! :)

Well that is it for now!

Have a great Thanksgiving and remember that just while MOST people gain the 10 pounds this season and MOST people eat everything in sight because "it's THanksgiving," it's still just a day and if you want to endulge, do so, but don't OVER EAT- no need! There is plenty of food to go around! :D

XOXOXO
  • becka63
    Options
    Had a bit of TF fail at the end of last week and beginning of this, mainly because of anti biotics making me ill and partly because I've been trying to ramp up my c25k. So this week, I've decided to do the workouts I missed last week - HIIT 20, sculpt 30 and fire30. Then put in the workout I missed yesterday- HIIT 20 and sculpt 30 and then restart week 10 next week when I've finished the meds!

How's everyone else doing? I was feeling a bit bad for missing a few work outs, but then I thought its best to do something even if I stray from the schedule a little, as long as I can get back into it :smile:
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd say hi as I'm a TF graduate and felt sentimental about seeing a TF thread going :)

I totally miss the "we got the funk, gotta have that funk" start to my morning! I'm currently doing Insanity and the music (what there is of it) is just lame in comparison. Although don't get me wrong Shaun T kicks my *kitten* every single time.

Suspect I'll go back to TF in the future!

Have fun ladies (and any guys)!
  • prettywhitty
    prettywhitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Started week fifteen yesterday!!!!!!!!!!

Today I did fire 45 EZ and Lower body 20. Those donkey kicks at the end kick my butt! I just tell myself that the green band is beating my thighs into submission, lol. What rocks is that my endurance just keeps growing! It amazes me what my body can do.

I'm a little sad that I only have 5 weeks left, but I am looking forward to starting the hybrid schedule in January. I've missed doing CLX! I'm also a little curious to try a run. I've heard Chalean mention that fire 60 is like running 6-7 miles on the treadmill. So one weekend I'm gonna run and just see how far I can go.

I hope everyone is having a great week. Happy Thanksgiving you guys! And safe travels to you ladies traveling this weekend.
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Yesterday I did Core 20 and Stretch 40. That was after I spent 45 min of the elliptical at the gym! Today I plan on doing Fire 45. Hopefully my kiddos will play nicely while I workout! Haha!
  • lalala06
    lalala06 Posts: 153
    Options
    iam starting 1st day today anyone following the schedule or just mixing it up your own way?
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to stop in and say I"M IN LOVE WITH TURBO FIRE! I really can't believe it's been 14 weeks and like Pretty Witty I am kinda sad it's going to be over! LOL I am with her though, thinking of doing a hybrid!

Anyway, just wanted to stop in before finishing my "thanksgiving Day" cleaning and laundry piles! Then tomorrow I can relax! :) Nice to relax before busy holiday cooking/baking and family time! :)

Marrium- Hello! I am following the schedule! I have had Tfire since it came out and also have the Turbo Jams and well, did the schedule for all of a month or two at most and the decided, "I'll just do what I want on those days." LOL Guess what< I never finished! This time, doing it without thinking and i use the calendar provided! LOVE IT And I highly recommend it! :)

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING!

BECCA- GIRL, I hope you feel you beettttttter~ LIke better better!
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Fire 45 today....it's my favorite:). Fire 55 tomorrow....that one kicks my booty!
  • becka63
    Options
    Did fire 30, sculpt 30 nd stretch 10 today- loved it! My biceps were singing by the end of it!
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Glad to hear everyone's doing well. I'm almost through week 7. Ready to get back into the HIITs again. I did substitute Fire 55 for HIIT 20 and a run today. I've found out that I have very very low Iron. That explains why I've been so fatigued lately. When I cut red meat out of my diet I totally forgot about the lack of iron I would be getting. So Dr put me on a high dose of iron supplements. Im already starting to see an improvement in my workouts :). Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Good afternoon all! I am loving Tfire! I did Tfire60 with the weighted gloves today! So good! :) Anyway, have a great THanksgiving and count your blessings and appreciate them all! :)

Like Chalene says, "We are blessed to be able to work out so hard!"

Glad to see everyone is keeping up the good work, even with the holidays tomorrow! :D
  • becka63
    Options
    Ready to hit back into week 10 tomorrow! Although I didn't follow the schedule, I still did TF workouts this week, ready to start back into the schedule, with my new HRM which is giving me a more accurate reading....previously I was getting a reading of about 550 for fire 55 EZ, today it was 436! Eek, I've been way overestimating my exercise calories....