P90X Support Group...

Options

Replies

• Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Bad week - goingto tak on an extra at the end. Back in my normal routine with work and home this week so I am confident it will be better!
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Wendy!! Awesome progress pics! I can definitely see a good deal of difference there. You were in pretty amazing shape to start with but now you're looking RIPPED! Ab ripper X has been very kind to you I see. Overall greatly improved definition! Very very well done! :)

Sassy - welcome back to the fold! Can't wait to see the return of your inspirational daily updates :)

Jay
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Wendy, great progress shots! You're definitely showing more muscle definition, especially in the abs! AWESOME WORK!!!!

I kicked off week 7 this morning with Chest, Shoulders & Triceps / Ab Ripper X. This is my third and final "up" week of phase 2 before recovery week next week. I had a real good session this morning, increased my numbers on most moves, and felt strong through Ab Ripper as well. All in all a good day!

Plyo tomorrow!! Have a great day everyone!

-Mike
  • kmccoleman
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Sorry Ive been MIA recently, work has been madness and I've basically been having my own personal pity party with my progress and pain threshold thus far. Part of me wishes I knew to do the Lean version of the program before the Classic but of course the sections aren't written out that way so I of course go in order, silly me..I assumed there was a method to this madness. Clearly not the case. So I took my Day 58 pics and while I don't see drastic change, my husband assures me there's a LOT! So I measured myself to see if anything was changing at all (since the scale refuses to budge) and I've shaved about 2.5 inches off my thighs and hips, 4 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my chest and about an inch and a half from my arms. So its something. I wish my scale got the memo, but it'll catch up eventually I would imagine.

Yesterday was supposed to be my rest day before the start of Week 9 but I took Friday off because I went to a concert that night and thats usually when I work out. I'm thinking I'll have to do a double on Friday this week since I have a hair appointment Saturday morning and Sunday I've got tickets to a football game. Saturday is my Kenpo X day so I'll just do Legs and Back in the morning and Kenpo X in the afternoon Friday.

Day 59, Chest and Back with Ab Ripper X today..Plyo tomorrow! Wish me luck everyone! And I hope you guys continue to inspire me and keep pushing play!!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hey Yall! :explode:

Hows everyone doing?
    I don't have time to type mu update for today, but I did want to post my Week 5 update video!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WnUzPn_MoOE?hl=en&fs=1&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Have an awesome afternoon everyone... bring it!

Drew

p.s. Wendy!!!!! Awesome pics... You are sooooooo shredded! :)
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Ok... Ill try this again...

here is the week 5 update video... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnUzPn_MoOE&amp;feature=mfu_in_order&amp;list=UL
  • spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    Just did my first day of week 3, chest, back and ab ripper, I'm seeing a slight increase in the amount of pull ups, even if they are still assisted ones at the moment, I am still only able to do 4-5 push ups of my legs, so am thinking of doing the 100 pushups routine to improve on them more along side p90x, I also don't have heavy weights right now so I substitute body pump for shoulders and arms, as I don't feel I'm benefiting from my lower weights until I get some heavier ones

Overall i am seeing gradual adjustments on my body. getting more muscle definition on my arms and back, also my stomach is starting to look better :)

Bring on Plyo tomorrow i am hoping i can keep up more this time
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    Wendy - your pics look amazing, numbers dont mean anything when you have a body like that :flowerforyou:
  • barell
    barell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wendy absolutely wonderful! Your 30 day results are astounding and big kuddos for posting pics, even if your before were great I know that still must have been hard.

Drew as always thank you for your updates. You are so motivating.

I just want everyone to remember you are doing something very difficult, something most people won't even start, just by bringing it, you have already done a tremendous accomplishment and thanks for sharing.
  • Ucsb23
    Ucsb23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Another week down. I did legs and back on Saturday and I was so sore yesterday. I couldn't do Kenpo ysterday because of the soreness so I took a rest day and got the Kenp in today. I haven't been on the scale lately but my clothes are fiting much better. This has been a good experience so far but I will be happy when the 90 days are over,
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    Hitting it up tonight with the dreaded million pushups! I am going to rock it out though and am looking forward to feeling the burn with Tony Time!!! I have to admit that this was a challenging week with training and group dinners at work and then Thanksgiving (Canadian). I had three turkey dinners so all that food hit me hard and made it difficult to stay awake let alone bust my butt for an hour a day! Yesterday I literally slept for more than 60% of the day - cat naps in the sun were my down fall!!

I am looking forward to today, and tomorrow's Plyo!!! Boom! I have my boyfriend coming over for Plyo tomorrow so we will be puddles together! - He LOVED his birthday present btw (don't know if I had mentioned that before) and was toatlly surprised at the state of our basement "gym" complete with foam flooring, resistance bands, P90X, chin up bar and push up bars! Oh yeah!!

Thanks again to Drew, Nikki and Wendy for checking in on me. I did log in every day to see your updates but couldn't find the time to burn it up. This week is getting back on track because I feel like blah not having workout out well last week.

PS - another clothing victory - I just bought a new coat for work, one of those professional looking black ones and I got it in ... wait for it ... EXTRA SMALL!!! And I can do it up and move my arms!! I'll be it, there will be no sweaters under it but it is a professional coat therefore I should not be wearing a sweater to work (again I am an accountant so it is skirts, dress shirts and blazers most of the time)!!! Anyway I am so happy!!! It is super slimming and so girly! Powerful!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Good Morning Good Morning Good Morning everyone!!! (Good evening Jaybone)!

Sassy!!! A couple of things... Glad to have you back! Those are the kind of status updates that make me wanna walk out the front door of my job and push play RIGHT NOW!!! Thanks for that! Congrats on ANOTHER victory for you. Beast!!! Also.... Im glad your guy is enjoying his "slightly used" gift! Get back on that horse and ride Sassy! You rock.... BooM! :explode:

Wendy... You are so right! I will make the needed adjustments and move forward. Thank you VERY much for sharing your thoughts with me. That is exactly what I need!

Barell... Thank you for your positive. Question... How are YOU doing? Let us know... :)

Ucsb... Dude! I totally understand how you feel. The benefits of this program are incredible, but it does seem like an awfully long journey! You can do it man... You are already showing results, imagine what its gonna look like at the end! BRING IT MAN... YOU GOT THIS! BOOM!

Mike... You are almost to the top of the mountain man! All downhill from here... keep it up dude! You are definitely our trail blazer!

everyone else... LETS HEAR FROM YOU! CMON... WE NEED YA!

I cant wait to get my workout in today! I love chest, shoulders, and tris! I wonder if my sick week will have an impact on my numbers... I certainly hope not.

Bring It yall... Believe!
    Drew
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hey team,

It's day 44 for me, and it was Plyo X this morning. Feeling a little under the weather the last two days, nothing serious, but enough to have me off my game just a little bit.

Hopefully I'll be able to get to bed a little early tonight and get a good night sleep. Back and Biceps / Ab Ripper tomorrow morning!

BRING IT!!!!

-Mike
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Sassy- how long is your challenge to a million push ups? 100 per day for 10,000 days? Just courious-I may join in!

Today - kenpoX plus! Great workout....only wish it were longer than 36minutes. Should do some YogaX today...perhaps tonight? It's recovery week. Next week Phase 2! Woot Woot!!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    Haha - Sr88201... it was a joke, there are just a lot of push-ups in the program and it often feels endless. I have no idea how many or how long it would take - I don't think that I could ever do a million push-ups (and track them atleast haha 10,000 days is quite a long time ... 27 years in fact)

Can't wait to get home and do my Chest, Shoulders and Tris tonight! Bring it Tony! I dare you!!!
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Chest, Shoulders, Triceps.... On and on and on it seems to go! Really great soreness in the arms by the time you're done though - that would be muscular atrophy in action :) I swear weeks 9 & 10 with good old chest/back and shoulders/tri's will seem a walk in the park compared to these workouts!

I did well overall today. Increased my numbers on most movements. I tried the suggestion of doing ARX before the main workout, and while I wasn't best pleased with feeling pretty shattered right at the start of the main workout, I was sooo grateful for having done it that way round when it came to the end! 470 out of 349 on ARX today. That must be the absolute max as I started as soon as I pressed play and worked through the intro bit at the beginning, all of Tony's chattering and right to the end. I was ahead for most of the DVD so I got 60 Mason twists in at the end to cap it off. That's gotta be the max right? I challenge anyone to get more that 470 within the DVD time :)

This program is extreme guys, no doubt about it. But we're shooting for the proud badge of honour that goes with the title 'P90x Grad' - hell, some of you crazy kids are shooting for double grad or triple! I lost count, what are we on here, day 36? 37? Coming this far is awesome enough in itself but tell me you all don't want more of the results you've gotten so far. We're getting in the best shape of our lives here! And all we gotta do is keep showing up and pushing play. BRING IT!

TIl next time.

Jay

PS - I think there was some confusion, it's THIS Friday I fly out to Tennessee, back Monday.
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hey Yall!!

Chest, Shoulders, and Tris! Holy Crap.... this workout is a freaking beast! I love it!

I was able to improve on all of my numbers today... EXCEPT ONE ARM PUSH UPS! hahahahah.... I got ONE! One rep! It was with my right arm and I AM LEFT HANDED! hahahaha! Is anyone having success with that exercise? If so... Whats your secret?

Jaybone... WAY TO GO ON ARX! I cant imagine doing any better than that if I had 30 minutes to complete it... let alone 16! That freaking awesome man!

Class got cancelled tonight, so Im off to shoot some hoops. Have a great night everyone... Bring It! :explode:

BooM!
    Drew

p.s. Jay... That entire last paragraph in your most recent post was awesome! Thanks for the inspiration bro!
  • yeehawww
    yeehawww Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    p90x round 2 started today!!

I'm sooo excited to be starting my round 2! My first round was lean, and now I'm moving on to classic! Yay! :D
    I'm am especially motivated for this round because my boyfriend is doing it with me now, and I just found out hat one of my really good friends started the program yesterday! so thats awesome because now we can be a cool little p90x threesome.

Chest and Back- Woo! I like the pushups on this one but am still really struggling with pullups! I've never been able to do a pullup unassisted in my life, so my goal for this round is to be able to do at least 1! I would be so happy. Right now I use a chair and even that is difficult.
    ARX- Going to be completed after boyfriend gets off work since we ran out of time this morning.

Round 1 stats: lost 17 lbs total. 12.75 inches lost overall!
    Round 2 goal: lose 11more lbs of fat and hopefully get some muscles! but not huge ones haha.

Keep it up everyone you are all doing amazing, each of your posts inspires me and motivates me everyday. Keep pushing play!
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    All, checking in :)

Did Chest Shoulders thing yeterday and just finished Plyo. Today was the first time when I loved doing Plyo, burned around 800 cals :)

Wendy- good job, the abs are looking good. So, keep it up!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    Can barely type... arms like jello... it feels GREAT:explode: BOOM!!!