What Kinda Guys do you Like?

Options
123457»

Replies

• chiroGirl77
    Options
    *thinks to self... so far a few mentions of having a penis, but NO mention about size of said penis. I STILL HAVE A CHANCE!!!*

It's not the size, it's how you use it. :drinker:

crap. *shakes head*

HAHHAA! This is like when the guys were saying they like the natural look..... they only like the natural look on an already attractive female. And I really think size does matter and anyone who says it doesn't either has never been with someone that was larger then life or is lying. HA!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    :smile: Honest, sincere,a gentleman :love:
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    guys who come across as slightly arrogant/edgy but who have a soft side they share only with their girl
    funny
    passionate
    confident
    loves kids/animals

Reporting in
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    This is such interesting reading...lol.

Carry on!

Wherehave you been? I hardly see you on. :frown:

I'm on every day!...and usually post too lol.

Although...often lately people keep getting my threads deleted (*cough*msblueyes*cough*)...so that could be why :).
  • mrysnshn
    mrysnshn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like guys that are bigger than me. I don't want to feel like I'm crushing him. Lol. My bf is 6ft and 205 lbs. I findstrong minded men actrive. He has to stand for something. And be dependable. My bf was a marine and is now a firefighter and in the national guard. I'm a little goofy sometimes so a guy has to be able to laugh and not be too embarassed easily.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I like skinny (typically asian) yipsters (yuppies + hipsters) with thick-framed glasses. :smooched:

other aspects:
    -sweet
    -geeky
    -liberal
    -optimistic
    -faithful
    -well-educated and great at teaching me new information!
  • alisa1973
    alisa1973 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hoping a few like the plain,responsible,work through life during the day type who will rock your world at night while loving you every waking moment.

What he said and you can't find those guys in the South.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Hoping a few like the plain,responsible,work through life during the day type who will rock your world at night while loving you every waking moment.

What he said and you can't find those guys in the South.

Sure you can...they're actually everywhere. Most often though...they're the guys you've overlooked a dozen times already because they don't fit some preconceived notion of what you want.

No sarcasm here...just truth.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    The married kind. They're less needy and clingy, ya know? So much easier. They whine less, they don't just "hang around", and they're not looking for something long term. All of the fun and none of the pain.

True, that! .... It's the perfect relationship, just like when you finally have grandchildren.... You enjoy them a little and take them out for icecream... then when they get cranky, you hand them back to their parents .... or in this case, his wife.

Serious bonus :)

Exactly!

(LMAO) Bides her time patiently for the following crowd to show:
    monty_python_witch-701441.jpg
    congrats you two on probably killing the thread, quite ballsy... props.

I don't think people believed me, which is kind of sad...

I believe everything you say... cuz you're the most honest, helpful, NON-dramatic woman I know.
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    Oh, let me tell you!

I like men, not boys. Yes there is a difference, and yes it is possible for a 30 year old to be classified as a boy in my eyes, and a 17 year old to be a man.

I like someone who is going to protect me, as stereotypical as that sounds. Not only in the physical aspect, but emotionally as well. If someone trash talks me, I would want him to call them out on it, and tell them it's not cool.

I do not like violence, so I would rather have a man who speaks with his words, not his fists. BUT if the situation did ever arise that violence did need to be put in place- I would hope he was able and willing.

I like men who are intellectual, who want to learn. My current boyfriend and I will sit on skype and talk for hours about the time-space continuum, the possibility of time travel, and how the human brain works. But we can also talk about trivial things like television and movies too, that's important.

Funny is a must! If you're not funny I won't like you. Also if you don't think I'm funny I won't like. Blame it on my ego.

Supportive! I need someone who is going to back me up in all my endeavors- no matter how silly they seem at the time. Encouragement is good too- just in case I realize how silly my endeavors are! haha

Musicians and writers are preferable, but it's not a requirement I guess. But it is definitely a plus. Definitely.

As for the physical aspect, I like dark hair.
    I don't know why, but as soon as I see a full head of dark curly hair on a man I am attracted. I also like olive color skin, and I prefer my guys to be more towards the slender side of the spectrum. Muscles are intimidating, and I have an alpha personality so I don't like being intimidated.

yeah
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    Ok...I've got to say something.

All of you girls...that say you want 'a man's man'...or 'alpha male'...or 'a natural leader'....are you really, truly serious? Because in my past experience...lots of women say they want this...but when they get it, it's apparently never quite what they expected it to be. And I'm not saying the guy is an *kitten*, that negates the 'man' thing. Assume he's sensitive, compassionate, generous, smiles (mostly that's reserved for you though...), protects his family, opens doors, is possessive...but not jealous, takes care of things around the house...including some of the housework if you work as well and it needs maintained...etc.

But he's...a...MAN.

Anyway...I really am curious how many of you really meant it. I mean, I know you've said it...and it's not that you weren't being honest...but how many of you have really thought of all that entails? The pro's and the cons as well?

I've met one woman that truly feels this way, in my entire 36 years lol.

So what do you consider the pros and cons?

Well...that would be for you to decide. Jq really covered my point though. Women consider this type of man 'controlling' in the end...because his limits are his limits. What he will not allow, he will not allow. He will give you the world...but he expects your world in return.

The funny thing is...women do the same thing constantly, and that's ok...because they're the women. It's s catch 22, and they rarely like that shoe being on the other foot.

My girlfriend has so much control over so many aspects of my life its not funny. But guess what?...I'm ok with that. I gave her the control, can take it away if I choose, and at no point does it make me any less a man to give that up. I trust HER to not put me in a position with that control, that would compromise my morals, integrity, or, manliness. Her appreciation for that gift is the sole reason for giving it.

I fully expect the same in return...and get it...too.

Like I said, one woman...in 36yrs.

I agree, women say they want this and when they get it they're like 'uhh... no'

I am an 'alpha female' myself (I guess most people would call me a *****, but I just think i know what I want) so I would NOT be able to handle an alpha male... or more so- he wouldn't be able to handle me.

I am stubborn, bossy, a control freak, I have an obsessive need to be in charge, I have been told I "own the room" when I walk in, and I am the most opinionated girl you will ever meet. But I also am extremely empathetic, I will always listen to your problems, I will change a bad habit if my guy asks me to, and I love children and animals.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    We do love those. I married one! :love:
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I like the one in the mirror.
    What's wrong with liking yourself? I know I am not perfect, but I work at it every day. I am with me 24hrs a day 7 days a week. Should I put myself down? I am my biggest supporter, and there is no reason you shouldn't be YOUR biggest supporter.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Ok...I've got to say something.

All of you girls...that say you want 'a man's man'...or 'alpha male'...or 'a natural leader'....are you really, truly serious? Because in my past experience...lots of women say they want this...but when they get it, it's apparently never quite what they expected it to be. And I'm not saying the guy is an *kitten*, that negates the 'man' thing. Assume he's sensitive, compassionate, generous, smiles (mostly that's reserved for you though...), protects his family, opens doors, is possessive...but not jealous, takes care of things around the house...including some of the housework if you work as well and it needs maintained...etc.

But he's...a...MAN.

Anyway...I really am curious how many of you really meant it. I mean, I know you've said it...and it's not that you weren't being honest...but how many of you have really thought of all that entails? The pro's and the cons as well?

I've met one woman that truly feels this way, in my entire 36 years lol.

So what do you consider the pros and cons?

Well...that would be for you to decide. Jq really covered my point though. Women consider this type of man 'controlling' in the end...because his limits are his limits. What he will not allow, he will not allow. He will give you the world...but he expects your world in return.

The funny thing is...women do the same thing constantly, and that's ok...because they're the women. It's s catch 22, and they rarely like that shoe being on the other foot.

My girlfriend has so much control over so many aspects of my life its not funny. But guess what?...I'm ok with that. I gave her the control, can take it away if I choose, and at no point does it make me any less a man to give that up. I trust HER to not put me in a position with that control, that would compromise my morals, integrity, or, manliness. Her appreciation for that gift is the sole reason for giving it.

I fully expect the same in return...and get it...too.

Like I said, one woman...in 36yrs.

I agree, women say they want this and when they get it they're like 'uhh... no'

I am an 'alpha female' myself (I guess most people would call me a *****, but I just think i know what I want) so I would NOT be able to handle an alpha male... or more so- he wouldn't be able to handle me.

I am stubborn, bossy, a control freak, I have an obsessive need to be in charge, I have been told I "own the room" when I walk in, and I am the most opinionated girl you will ever meet. But I also am extremely empathetic, I will always listen to your problems, I will change a bad habit if my guy asks me to, and I love children and animals.

There is a huge difference between being an 'alpha' male or female, and being controlling and selfish. I'm NOT saying you are controlling/selfish at all...I'm just making a point. My girlfriend is a college educated professional, already in executive management in her late 20's. To say she owns a room when she walks in is an understatement. She most certainly has her opinions, and will share them with or without prompting. The point of all this, is it doesn't get more 'alpha-female' than that...and I love all those things about her. The thing is....there is so much more to her...all of the above qualities take a back seat. She is generous, helpful, attentive, loving, communicates with my kids on a level they comprehend, respectful, mature, yet childish...and most of all...I have zero question where her loyalties lie. Did I mention that she's beautiful? She is...physically as well as emotionally. I'm a very lucky man.

However, I don't know if you can tell by my posts...but I'm not exactly Mr. Passive. I am all the things I described above, and more. The thing is...her being who she is...is no threat to who I am. If it was...she would know it in a second, and we never would have worked out. What this means, is that she can (and does) relax around me. She has no need to control me, because she has complete faith in my ability to control myself. She respects my ability to make decisions on my own, yet knows that the level of respect I have for HER abilities gives her full voice in those decisions. Are you seeing my point? This is how two leaders work together to guide their family. This is how 'true' alpha-males and females interact. It's never about control. It's about self respect, mutual respect, and love.

The feeling I'm getting, is that most women confuse an 'alpha-male' with a controlling *kitten*. Just because he has the testosterone, doesn't mean he's going to make the right choices for you and your family. Nor does it mean he was raised well enough to respect you as you deserve, as an equal, capable human being. Think of the true hero in a story, or the true villain. Both require similar characteristics in order to fulfil their intended role.

It's the application of those characteristics that makes all the difference.

~edit - smart phone typos...suck :l.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    what I like in a man:

a big heart, down to earth, hard working, self respecting and funny.

the man I have: (and i should mention we have been together since age 16, now we're 40)

a big heart, down to earth, hard working, self respecting, funny, brown eyed, tanned, sexy, romantic, great father, best friend, great lover, helpful, charming, strong, very handy/mechanically inclined, science minded, likes to bake, techie but blue collar....I could go on.
    Oh, and how lucky can a girl be? He does not watch sports of any kind! LOL physically active, but not team sports. too organized for him :-)

Someone mentioned that we want to change the man. There is something I would change if I could, and that is that he smokes. I hate that.

I have women tell me regularly how they wish they could find someone like him. I am very happy and I let him know all the time in many ways how much I love and appreciate him.

I played this game on another forum, to discover if we had "types". we found pictures of "my 5" celebrities. turns out I like tall, dark haired lean moody serious types with strong emotions.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    The feeling I'm getting, is that most women confuse an 'alpha-male' with a controlling *kitten*. Just because he has the testosterone, doesn't mean he's going to make the right choices for you and your family. Nor does it mean he was raised well enough to respect you as you deserve, as an equal, capable human being. Think of the true hero in a story, or the true villain. Both require similar characteristics in order to fulfil their intended role.

It's the application of those characteristics that makes all the difference.

YES!!! Eloquently put... this is kinda what I was trying to get at when I said it was important to recognize the difference between the true Alpha-male and a Napoleon-complex.

jq2122 also did an excellent job of describing the flip-side of the coin (obviously not her case specifically) where a woman might also desire the Alpha-male/Natural-leader/"Man's man" type because she appreciates exaggerated gender-roles in a relationship; as well as it's higher risk of failure once that woman matures and comes into her own. In the end though, the Alpha-male/Natural-leader/"Man's-man" seems to work best with women who are the female equivalent of the same so it satisfies the base biological need for >some semblance< of a traditional gender-role, but it is a much more fluid and sustainable balance.

A very mentally satisfying debate/discussion/thread indeed overall! Thanks to the OP and those who participated.

I think it also bears mentioning, and I'm not entirely sure if there's an actual scientific/psychological term or reference for it, but has anyone else heard of or realized that the attributes that initially attract you to your partner and are your reasons for loving him/her seem to morph over time into their negative aspects and turn into your pet-peeves about them? Not that the person or even the actual trait changes, it's just how you as the other person could possibly alter your perception of it over time without some much needed communication, introspective and acceptance. Just a few for example:

Confidence - Cockiness
    Decisiveness - Inability to Compromise
    Humility - Insecurity
    Relaxed - Lazy
    Outgoing - Flirtatious
    Private - Uncommunicative
    Assertive - Overbearing
    Money Smart - Cheapskate/Frugal
    Passionate (causes) - Narrowminded

This list could go on and on... just wondering if others notice it, how they've come to terms with it in their current relationships, or if they've found themselves repeatedly still attracted to the original attractive aspect of the trait in subsequent relationships or if they overcompensated in subsequent relationships by looking for and trying to avoid the negative aspect of the trait. What has worked best for everyone else?