Team Truffle Shufflers! September Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Ladies Ladies, you all are amazing!!! I know i should have said this ealier in the week, but thank you to ALL of you!!! i got the whole team logged right away at the beginning of the week, and didn't have to track anyone down! fantastic job!!!

There has been some talk about doing an October Challenge as well. similar setup that we've done for August and September, and i'm going to keep the same team name and keep going!! Just wanted to check with all of you to see if you all would like to join as well!!

I think we are all doing great, and seeing results! you guys are reaching for your goals and succeeding!!! way to go!!

-Holly

I would LOVE to continue doing this challenge in October and would also love to stay a Truffle Shuffler!! :happy:
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ladies Ladies, you all are amazing!!! I know i should have said this ealier in the week, but thank you to ALL of you!!! i got the whole team logged right away at the beginning of the week, and didn't have to track anyone down! fantastic job!!!

There has been some talk about doing an October Challenge as well. similar setup that we've done for August and September, and i'm going to keep the same team name and keep going!! Just wanted to check with all of you to see if you all would like to join as well!!

I think we are all doing great, and seeing results! you guys are reaching for your goals and succeeding!!! way to go!!

-Holly

I'm good to continue....I won't make my 10 lb loss goal for this month (might have been aiming to high there!) but I HAVE lost and I like being given a routine, rather then have to sit and poder what to do!

~Hester
  • trout3063
    Options
    Week Four Check in!

Weight: 176.5....1.5 pound loss.
    Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Not under calories)
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 7....Not under calories. (although I did have a Net weekly UNDER calories)

I did the 200 crunches for the bonus points too.

Question: it's crunches for the bonus points this week too?
  • hefinator
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TRUFFLE SHUFFLERS!!!

Wer are in the LAST WEEK of the September challenge!!! I am so proud of each and every one of you!! you all have done amazing things this last month! Way to go!!

Challenges will continue in October, so if you would like to continue, please let me know!! I'm keeping the same name for October, and plan to kick even more butt!! So who's with me!? :)

Please send your stats for last week, including Weight as of this morning, Daily Exercise challenge completed, Team challenge completed, and if you did the Bonus team challenge (crunches) for the week!

here are the challenges for this week!! Only 5 days! and then you can rest all weekend, as the October challenge does not start until October 3rd! Remember, let me know if you have any questions!!

Welcome to Week 5 you are the PYGMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!
    Day 1 - Walk, run, jog a 5k (3.1 Miles) 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 40 Toe Touches, 5 burpees
    Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 3 - Walk, run, jog a 5k (3.1 Miles) 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 40 Toe Touches, 5 burpees
    Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 5 - Walk, run, jog a 5k (3.1 Miles) 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 40 Toe Touches, 5 burpees
    REST THE WEEKEND

Welcome to Week 5 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.
    Day 1 - 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), 50 Squat Kicks, 10 High Plank to Low Plank
    Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 3 - 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), 50 Squat Kicks, 10 High Plank to Low Plank
    Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 5 - 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), 50 Squat Kicks, 10 High Plank to Low Plank
    REST THE WEEKEND

TEAM CHALLENGE:
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week.(3.1 miles) Each team member needs to do an additional 400 crunches for this week! :bigsmile:
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    Weight: 244.8 (2.6 loss!!! WOOHOO!!!!)
    Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (No)
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No)

I did an additional 250 crunches for the week and I also walked a total of 4 5ks this week.

Oh and I already posted above, but I'll say it again - I want to be a Truffle Shuffler again in October!! I love to stick with you Holly because you're an awesome leader!! :drinker:
  • hefinator
    Options
    alright team, this is my new workout anthem!! http://youtu.be/wyx6JDQCslE

Thank you Lesley (MacSkillz) for getting this song so stuck in my brain, i just have to play it every day! plus, its a great song to start my treadmill workouts!! :)
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    alright team, this is my new workout anthem!! http://youtu.be/wyx6JDQCslE

Thank you Lesley (MacSkillz) for getting this song so stuck in my brain, i just have to play it every day! plus, its a great song to start my treadmill workouts!! :)

Mission Accomplished. :laugh:
  • Maggiedc
    Options
    Weight...same :(
    Finished daily exercises everyday
    Finished 5K and 400 crunches
    Went over Calories on Sunday

I'll stay a truffle shuffler for another month!!!
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Weight: 201.8 (1.9 loss!!! WOOHOO!!!! but still up from my original, but i'm going to kick *kitten* this week!!!)
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (No, over calories)
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No, over calories)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)

I did the 400 crunches for the week :)!!! and i also did the 5k :)

i've been sucking this month, so i will not be part of it for October, GOOD LUCK though, you guys will rock it!
  • cj2lose
    cj2lose Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Week Four

Weight: Same! Thank goodness. I did not do well this week.

Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No on calories)
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No on calories)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No on calories)
    Day 7....No on calories

I did two 5k runs and 400 extra crunches.

I think my issue is that the workouts are the same each week. I need variety. But I would love to contiue into October! Otherwise I know I will stop being good at logging in.

I need to lose 1.8lbs this week to make my goal! I need to focus on that.
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Weight: 234....2 pound loss.
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? (yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? (didn't get the 2 mile in) Team challenge Completed? (yes)
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (didn't get the 2 mile in) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 7....did my 5 mile and 400 additional crunches

school, work, and being a momma is making some days harder to get the miles included...but I am trying. :ohwell:
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I am staying on board with truffle shufflers for October.
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (yes)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (no ... Over calories)
    Day 7: ran 5K
    Crunches done
    Still takes me forever to do the bear crawl
    Weight loss? I'm up 0.1 pounds because of my addiction to Snyders Jalepeno Pretzel Nuggets! I found stop eating them!!

I'm in on the Oct. Challenge if you will have me!
  • trout3063
    Options
    You can totally rock it this week!!!! Stay away from sodium!
    Week Four

Weight: Same! Thank goodness. I did not do well this week.

Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No on calories)
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No on calories)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No on calories)
    Day 7....No on calories

I did two 5k runs and 400 extra crunches.

I think my issue is that the workouts are the same each week. I need variety. But I would love to contiue into October! Otherwise I know I will stop being good at logging in.

I need to lose 1.8lbs this week to make my goal! I need to focus on that.
  • hefinator
    Options
    so, how does everyone like the New Truffle SHuffle image?!
    trufflepartyrock.pngI'll be putting him on a background with our team name, that way we can all share him!
  • I got day 1, 2, and 3 done and lost a pound. I'd love to continue this in October, if possible.
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    so, how does everyone like the New Truffle SHuffle image?!
    http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u332/ironband/Operation Fabulous/trufflepartyrock.png

I'll be putting him on a background with our team name, that way we can all share him!

LOVE IT. I really needed a smile today. :laugh:
  • hefinator
    Options
    For the October challenges, I'm thinking of mixing it up. I've been hearing you all talk about how the exercises are the same every week and the "challenge" just isn't there for some of the exercises. Has anyone checked out Bodyrock.tv? I was thinking that maybe we could inforporate the exercises that are on that site for our team?!

let me know your thoughts or suggestions! I love Gary's format for the challenges, but i feel that he just has so much on his plate (there were over 600+people in the September Challenge) that maybe the workouts are lacking some extra oomph!! Let me know what you all think, or any other idea you may all have!! Either way, i'll still be tracking points and results, and will be creating a GoogleDoc that we can all access and update as the month goes on!!

Thanx for letting me be your team captain!! you gals keep me motivated to keep going!

-Holly
  • hefinator
    Options
    297817_2452134464320_1280774387_2921241_477151459_n.jpg

We Work Out!!!
  • Maggiedc
    Options
    I love the new pic Holly!!!! Can't wait to add it!

I think a new or added format sounds good. I had a tough time fitting some of the longer workouts in too...like this week needing an additional 5K on a few of the days on top of the workouts I'm already doing (maybe doing the 30 day shred wasn't the best idea for September along with the challange).