Women - do you wear makeup?

Options
123457»

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I dont, on a regular basis. You can polish a turd but it's still a turd.

You sound like the type of girl I would want to date if I were a dude.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I try to get into wearing foundation, light eye shadow and mascara on a daily basis. This will last a week or two then I'll go back to only wearing it on dates, or when I go out.
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i almost never go out in public without eyeliner and mascara on.

the only time i don't wear it is when i play sports :)
  • emfoley2
    emfoley2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I never leave the house without tinted moisturizer with sunscreen, mostly because I'm too lazy too put those 3 on separately, and/or decide which ones I will/won't need on a given day.

For work I also use some under-eye concealer, eye pencil and mascara and a little blush and tinted lip balm. I like to look awake and well-groomed, and at 53 au natural I'm irish-pale and have dark circles that make me look like I have been out all night partying even when well rested.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I dont, on a regular basis. You can polish a turd but it's still a turd.

Oh but it's a better looking turd. :laugh:
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I usually don't. I touch my face way too much. Never fails, the day I wear make up, I reach up and rub my eye and... blergh.
  • had3nuf
    had3nuf Posts: 59
    Options
    I always...ALWAYS wear a fruity flavored sheer gloss with just a hint of color...bronzing powder....mascara..and eyeliner. Some days tho...I'll forego the bronzer.
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't even own any. I wear Carmex on my lips, and that's it. I used to love mascara, but I have developed such bad allergies that I rub my eyes all the time now. My husband prefers no makeup. I bought some eye makeup a few years ago for a Christmas party. He told me I looked too "high maintenance." He also doesn't like when I use hair styling products ("It doesn't feel like hair"). Of course, we ride motorcycles and dirt bikes and helmets don't mix well with makeup either.
  • MB4ever
    MB4ever Posts: 18
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup and when I do it bothers my face. I can't have it on for long periods of time. Back when I was younger I would wear it all the time. I do wear lip gloss all the time.
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Honestly call me a freak haha- I dont own any make up , dont wear make up and honestly probably dont know how to put on make up. :blushing:

Same here
  • polo_princess
    Options
    I always wear makeup, i think the only time i didnt wear any was the day i had my daughter

I must say as im getting older, i am feeling the need to wear less, and some days i just wear the very basics.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'd like to think I wear make up for myself. It makes me look better and I feel more confident. I think women are more judgemental than men, so I guess it is to impress other women.

Also, something I was wondering about that "boy's thread". You can very easily get that "natural look" with make up - how can boys even tell the difference between someone wearing no make up and someone wearing light make up?

I wear make up for myself, I choose colours based on the colours I love. I don't need a guys opinion of how make up should be worn! If it's over the top, that is the woman's decision for herself, it's her face. :ohwell: