SENIORS GOLDEN SNEAKERS CLUB

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    Wasn't around too much this weekend, my granddaughter had a dance compeittion and I never miss any of her competitions. They did great and swept the competition, I am very proud. She is 14 and has been dancing since she is two. Great fun. :happy:
    I did still stick with my diet and missed only Sunday for exercising, so I am staying with it.

Sounds like everyone is on goal and keeping up with their calories. I know it is okay to go over a little now and then, since you all told me to just keep going when I did. :blushing:

Biggramma, tell your son I am also proud of him, what a great accomplishment. He should be very proud of himself. :drinker:

It is a sunny day here near Chicago and can't wait until we can sit on the patio again.

Have a good day!!
    Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi guys----

Sandy I am looking forward to sitting outside and getting some of that nice warm sunshine. We have had a few days like that and looking for more tomorrow. but this week end another front comes thru and get cool again.

Biggramma---Say that son of yours sure did a good job of losing. You should be really proud of him.

All you other guys hope you had a pleasant day and to all a goodnight. Caliecat
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I just found out about this group. I think it will be fun to stay connected to people my own age who are making big changes in their lives. I'm doing this one day at a time and giving myself a sticker on the calendar for every day that I follow my plan.

I am lucky to live in a town with a huge retired population. There are three line dance classes a week and dancing is my passion. Much more fun than the gym. I have dogs that like to be walked so I stay active. And when all else fails, I can walk up and down the hall. :flowerforyou: :heart:

146200.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Welcome barbiecat from one cat to another cat.I am sure you will enjoy it here. I do. and it has help me so much. the girls and guys are so nice and helpful. See you later---caliecat
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning all.

I got off to a better start this morning. Breakfast calories 280. Now I can have a snack between now and lunch. Will be drinking hot tea. :drinker:

Hubby has to go to an docter appt. this morning. I think Sammy and I will head to the park and see if we can make it around the small lake.:noway:

:heart: Have a nice day everybody:heart:
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Good Day Everyone!

Sounds like everyone is busy enough. Been busy here, tax time and all. I am going to order me a body fat percentage analyzer today. New toy for the gym!

Welcome Barbie! Nice to have you drop in! Everyone take care and I will get back later.

Jeffrey
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    Good morning...it is a beautiful sunny morning here...It may hit 70 degrees today......

Welcome to Barbiecat I think you will like it here....I am enjoying myself....

Not much going on with me I have been playing on Facebook....Yes this old lady has a Facebook account...and I also have a MySpace page....Helps me keep up with my family on MySpace and my friends from the other site that I was on at Facebook.....

Hope you all are having a terrific Tuesday:flowerforyou:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    hi barbie welcome! i think i am losing weight in spite of myself simply because of this thread! hope you like it here. hi sandy up in chi town. hope you are warm.
    we made it to weatherford tx. we have been rerouted to te arkana to swap loads and go to calif. we will all be homesick by tomorrow. but we must work when we can these days. my cousin father of four was laid off last week. he drove a truck for ten years with his company.. our company has started cutbacks too. it wont reach us coz we have over 25 years there.
    i had wendys caesar side salad with lite ranch and 5 chicken nuggets for dinner. breakfazt was egg mcmuffin and fruit/yogurt pzrfait.
    fast food yes..but the least of the bad choices i think. i love their biscuits but i dont order them. see ya later. biggramma tell your son way to go!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    This is a great site Phoebe. Hey you were almost in my back yard give or take 200 miles. I should say side yard for we face the north. Sorry to hear that you have to go west again. Good that this site is working for you. Is some of it rubbing off on Jim?

good to hear from you Jeffrey.

Hope the rest of you are doing fine.

Time to get in the kitchen and fixed a bite to eat.

Have a good enening...Marie
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    Well it is still very warm here this afternoon....66 right now at 3:55....

I just did another 15 minutes on level 2 on my elliptical....that brings my total to 45 minutes of exercise today....most days I only do 30 minutes...so I am ahead......

Have not decided on what I will be having for dinner....

Hope you all have had a good day....:flowerforyou:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Fun Day today............played gin with my buddy who is 86 years old. (he beat me big) Then we picked up my husband and had a nice lunch. I had tilopia with wild rice and it was great.

Sounds like everyone is doing good and watching calores, keep up the good work.

Welcome Barb, hang with us for support and encouragement and you will make your goal.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your warm welcome. This has been a successful day for me. Taking it one day at a time has been an important tool for me. i look forward to the challenges of tomorrow.

Barbie
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    Good morning...it looks like rain today...but I don't remember them telling us that.

I may go to the grocery store today...but I am not sure yet.....I :heart: to grocery shop.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday...:flowerforyou:
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Good Afternoon One and All!

Went to the dentist today and they started on my new crown. It was not too bad. I have really kicked into high gear now on my workouts. I am tired! Not much going on today. Church tonight for Imposition of Ashes. Everything else seems pretty peaceful. I love mid-week calm! Thats about it for now. I had a nice lemon chicken salad for lunch and some milk. You all take care and have a good day!

Jeffrey
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

Just got back from getting my ashes, and since I can't eat more than three small meals today with no meat, I should be able to stay within my calories. :laugh:

Sun is shining and it is in the 40's, what a great day! :flowerforyou:

Have a good day today, and keep up with your goals. :bigsmile:

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Well I am running late this morning. didn't sleep well last night. Had a tummie ache and gas all night so I slept in today. Have not been hungry so just had a yogurt for breakfast. No lunch yet. But it will be something light.I think it will be homemade tomatoe soup. and a Thomas light english Muffin Feeling better now.

my husband has to go in for a bisopy on his Prostate in a couple weeks. His count has gone up..

Time for my tea :drinker: . Got to remember to buy some more at the store.

Have a great day Marie

• Sandydur
    Options
    Hope you feel better Marie. :flowerforyou: My husband had prostate cancer and had the robotic divinci surgery last August. His count is now .05 which is wonderful. He looks great, feels great and is glad he had it done. His two brothers also had prostate cancer, one had the robotic the other the seeds.
    Both are doing great and as long as the men take care of this early, there should be no problem.

I am off to bingo, but wish you all good health and happiness.

Sandy
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    hi everyone. my father in law has been hospitalized. a vagus rea tion..or he fainted when his bp dropped. he also had a mild heart attack. he wants to die at home and he wants no surgery. he says he aches all over with arthditis and he is tired. bless his heart. being herw with all of you fighters it makes me aware of my own choices before it is too late for me like it is for him. i am glad i choose to fight too! Marie feel better sweetie.. we have more good days than bad. take care
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello all my good friends.

I woke up feeling better this mornin. fixing to head out to the Walmartt a little bit. I didn't feel like going yesterday with Jerry. But I much rather goes by myself Then i can shop. Jerry has gone to an Dr. appt now and wont be back till this afternoon.This is just a check up blood work and etc.

It is surpose to get to 85 today but cool down tomorrow..enjoy it while we can.

Had a nice breakfast of egg English muffin and diet jelly. and a serving of mixed peppers and onions.
    Got to get it all down on my caloorie chart beforeI forget What I ate.

Will get my exercise at Walmart this morning.

Have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

All is good here but the weather is gray.

PJ- Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I hope all goes well for all of you.

Marie- Tell your husband I am thinking of him. I have a lot of experience with that. I am glad that you are feeling better.

Sandy- Have fun and win big!

Well back to work for me! Should be a pretty quiet weekend! (I hope!)

Jeffrey