SENIORS GOLDEN SNEAKERS CLUB

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
OK Seniors , we are not too old to exercise, I have been telling my docter that I couldn't do any exercise and thanks to Jeffrey and Pat here have made me see the light. Thanks so much. The old saying you can do anything you wont too.

Tell us about your exercise progam and how it has change your life..

For me I am just getting started, I just recieved a Please Be Seated tape that I will get started on in the morning. Will keep you guys informed on my progress.----Marie

Replies

• CALIECAT
    Options
    OK Seniors , we are not too old to exercise, I have been telling my docter that I couldn't do any exercise and thanks to Jeffrey and Pat here have made me see the light. Thanks so much. The old saying you can do anything you wont too.

Tell us about your exercise progam and how it has change your life..

For me I am just getting started, I just recieved a Please Be Seated tape that I will get started on in the morning. Will keep you guys informed on my progress.----Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning , I got up this morning surprise, surprise

1---- Had a glass of water
    2---took my medication and another glass of water
    3--- Had breakfast ! bowl of high fiber oatmeal and 2 cutie clementime, one cup of coffee 1 glass of skim milk

be back later
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I never made it back yesterday. And I took the day off today. just to relax and rest. ----Marie
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie, just got your mail and thought I would get on here and start up my exercise program. I am walking an hour five times a week and later I will add some kind of strength training. I was walking every day and kind of slipped a little the last few months so I need to get with it again.

I had a sleep study done last night and will not get the results back for a week. I have a c-pap machine but it needed to be adjusted. I think the doc said every 30 pounds lost it has to be adjusted. It took me a year to lose 30 pounds but I have 35 more to go. I will go walk first thing in the morning. Hope you have a wonderful evening.

Pat:smile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Pat, so glad, to see you here. I am going to get serious about it too. I can't walk as far as you can but i will do my best to inprove on what I am doing. Which is not much. I used to love walking a few years ago. Me and my dog Angel. We had to put er down this last year for she was in such pain and couldn't get up to go outside anymore. My husband would carry her out but she was just to weak to stand up. We missed her a lot.She was 14 years old. Now we got Sammy.Or I might say he got us.

have a wonderful evening.----Marie
  • pkdarlin
    Options
    Hi Marie, just got up and going to eat some oatmeal and glass of skim milk then going out for my walk. Will probably walk inside this morning. When I get back I will do some free weights and start with that and see how I do. I need to take this serious or I will start gaining back my weight.

I know how you feel about your little dog. Mine was 18 when we had to have her put to sleep, she was in so much pain and she was ready. I miss her so much but Toby is diffidently keeping us company.

Hope you are having a good morning and will be back later, Pat :smile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi My friend. We had a busy morning,been to fill my car up with gas At $1.37 a gallon. That was sure a great deal.

Took My embroidery Machine in to get the threader fixed. I can't see to get it treader by myself.

And back to Walmart to do a little shopping.

now back home and done my chair exercise. It is so nice I planned to get out and wwalk some. HHowever it is a little breezy

Had a nice breakfast of French toast
    Lunch was pinto beans and mixed veggies, chocolate pudding cup.. I have 500 calories left for supper and a snack. I should make it OK.I loved this calorie ffood chart here it is so easy to keep up with your calories.

Have a great day
  • ellie143
    ellie143 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started today. Not my first diet i assure you. Actually my 100th probably. I have managed to take the weight with different plans over the last few years and now that I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel I have discovered this wonderful web page. I too am a Senior. 76 years young and would like to join your message board.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Ellie, You are so welcome. So glad you join me and Pat.

I am 78 years old with a lot of health problems. but I am trying to increase my exercise. Trying to get away from being a couch potato. I am feeling a lot better now just knowing I have taken that first step.

Let us ear more from you.---Marie:heart::heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Ellie and Pat.

Another pretty day here in my part of Texas.

Had oatmeal and pumpkin for breakfast.
    For lunch I plan on having chile bulgur and salad
    Supper---Pinto beans , mixed veggies aand corn muffin
    yesterday my total calories was 1297. 1300 is my goal

For exercise i plan on walking around the block and do some more chair exercise.

Have a good day
    Marie
  • pkdarlin
    Options
    Hi Marie and Ellie, Marie it looks like you have everything under control with your plan of losing weight. I know I also love this site, it is easy to follow and I think I can stick with something like this. I can't remember how I found it but glad I did. I had oatmeal and a glass of skim milk this morning now I need to go walk. I have my grandson this morning so my hubby can watch him while I walk. I use to talk myself out of my walking when I kept the grandkids but no more doing that. Where there is a will there is a way.

Hi Ellie, so glad you could join us here and let us know if you need us for support. I know I need all I can get. So far this has really been a good site for me.

Pat :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Pat. I thought I posted yesterday but I don't see it.I did get some exercise in yesterday, not much but every little bit help. And How are things going with you this fine morning?

Jerry and I have been to WalMart and got our grocer shopping sone for the week.

Ellie , Good morning to you and hope yopu have a fine day. I check out my weight this time last year and I am up 9 lbs since Dec..31,2007 I hope When I looked back on Dec.31,2008 there is a very good lost.

Marie
  • ellie143
    Options
    I am enjoying this Message board. Makes me feel like I am not alone in the weight loss fight. So many of the blogs and message boards seem to be related to younger folks and I am already feeling a Kinship with you folks. Did a dum dum todayu:cry: Had a stupid fall. One of those stupid embarrasing things that should not have happened if I had been paying attention. Fortuanately the only thing bruised was my ego. My DH has not been so patient since he started loosing his vision with Macular Degerneration and before he could open his mouth I impatientally jumped all over him. i quess we all say and do things under stress we shouldn't but I am a little embarrased with myself. This started out a nice day with a nice lunch out and some shopping but after I was on the defensive and wow "am I bad". Told him I was sorry but he isn't too happy with me. Oh well sorry to be unloadidng on you nice people but it sure feels good to have someone to talk to.
    :blushing:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Ellie, So glad you didn't break any bones when you had that fall. I always have a fear of falling down. And I have had nmy share of them.

So glad to see you dropped back in. We are new all new here at this site.

My day as gone pretty good. Done some shopping. Had a nice breakfast and lunch. And really don't know what I will have for supper. I am trying to keep it light for I went over my calories yesterday but I have 700 calories left for supper, so should be able to cut 150 calories to make up for yesterday.

Goodnight Ellie and Pat~~~~~~~~~Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

MARIE
  • ellie143
    Options
    : :smokin: Good Morning and Happy New Year!
    Things are looking up today. After my fall yesterday I am more determined to loose my weight. I am going for another 42 pounds. Maybe I can turn a bad thing into something good. My DH has forgiven me for my temper tantrum and we are looking forward to a new year. I figure one reason I fell was because my body is still out of proportion for my size. At 4ft 10.5 I may only be 45 pounds over the Drs. recommendation but I am still uncordinated :sad: but I am more determined that I will loose the weight. Hope you all had a good New Years Eve. I took my sore body to bed early and woke up with vim and vinegar this morning :drinker: however the only drinks for me now are my wonderful green tea and an occasional glass of wine.

Ellie
  • pkdarlin
    Options
    Happy New Year Ellie and Marie, sorry I have not been on here for a few days, maybe just one day. My DH is on vacation this week and we have just been running around a lot. went out to eat last night and I had steak, baked potato, and salad, then we went to a movie. Went to see a movie, the one with Brad Pitt, he was born old then gets younger as the years go by. I can't think of the name of it. It was a good movie but it was 2 hours and 40 minutes. We are getting ready to go somewhere, don't know where. Honestly I need to stay home and clean house but that is hard to do right now, have to wait for DH to go back to work. Hope you all are having a great day !!!!!! Talk at you later.

Pat :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Pat and Ellie,

Seems like one thing we have is determinations { misspell]
    I got my black eyes peas cook. Now got to cook my cabbage and some smoked pork chops. And Jerry some mashed sweet potaoes. I limit myself to 1 starach per meal. I am staying within my 1300 calories. If I happen too go over I cut back the next day.

I don't think I will get any exercise in today. Just not in the mood.

I know I need too, but some days I just can't cope with it.

:heart: Marie :heart:
  • ellie143
    Options
    I don't know if any of you are considering Myfooddiary.com for $9 a month but I tried it today and found it very difficult compared to myfitnesspal. I struggled with it for a couple hours and than just cancelled it. Fortunately you have a free 5 day trial period so it did not cost anything.

Ellie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Ellie, I am glad you came back to us. This is the place to be. I like it for it is not too big, but is big enought. And I like this meeting new friends. your saying "I can do it" well we can do it together.Nice picture of you. I am a diabetic too. so I know what your husband is going thru. Is he on Insulin? I found that eating lots of beans and whole grains really help to keep my blood sugar under control.. I try to stay away from sweets, just eat fruit. Can't wait to hear from you gals again.----Marie :heart: :heart: