SENIORS GOLDEN SNEAKERS CLUB

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Yeah I lost another lb that make 3 lbs lost. HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • ellie143
    ellie143 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all!
    In answer to Callie My DH is not on insujlin. He is on an oral med and we seem to have his diabetes in good control. His difficult problem is he is legally blind with Macular Degeneration and having a tough time giving up the car keys to me after all these years.

I wil weigh in on Monday and actually can't wait because I am so excited and I know I have lost already.

Everybody have a nice weekend. We are having unusually nice weather here on the beach with temps in the 60's today this weekend and we will get out for a walk everyday.

:glasses:
  • ellie143
    Options
    I am back again. Is anyone a green tea nut like me. I love the stuff and maybe I am just being hyper aware of my diet right now but I do believe it is hel[ping me.:bigsmile:
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellie, I think green does help with weight loss. I use to work at a health food store and we sold a lot of it to people for weight loss. they said it really helped them and it also has a lot of good stuff like antioxidants. I was thinking about getting back on it. Hope you are having a wonderful morning. Your pictures is nice. I need to figure out how to put one on here.

Pat :flowerforyou:
  • pkdarlin
    Options
    Marie, I guess we are all diabetics. This is such a good thread, I'm glad you started it. Sounds like you had a good dinner yesterday. I did not get to walk yesterday but it is suppose to be nice out today and i will go walking this afternoon.

I have to go back to work next Monday so my time is almost up. I work at a grade school in the ketchin. I love working around the kids. I hope you have a wonderful day.

• ellie143
    Options
    You may notice the 2# weight loss that just came up on my ticker. i had set up wrong and did not include the 2# I had lost the week before so I corrected. I wil weigh again on Monday and get my weight up to date.

Ellie the little:devil:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hi Calliecat, / Marie, can I post on here with you all? I know I am younger than some of you, but I love you and want to hang out here.. can I please? Love ya, Phoebe/pjsattic!!:heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    You may certainly can hang out with us.This is open to all. And we need each other.

Ellie and Pat I would like to introduce you too to Phoebe. She has long been a cyber friend on another site. She has always been there for me and such good advise too. She is such a sweetheart.

I got my walker out and fixing to get my walk in. and then have lunch. will be coconut crusted tapilia fish, spinach salad with fresh cherries.1 sl double high fiber wheat bread for 312 calories
    For breakfast i had a real good one, 1 sl.double fiber toast. with 1 c raspberries over toast and 1/2 cup cottage cheese for 300 calories. That leaves me with 688 calories for a snack this afternoon , supper and another bed time snack. Usally my bed time snack is a latte one c.decaf. coffee, 1/3 c dry powder skim milk, 1/2 t flovering/. whipped it up with the mini blender.

Pat , Ellie and Phoebe hhave a nice day. See you Phoebe on Lighten up later on.:heart::drinker:
    did you guys see I lost another lb. That makes 3 lb Since Dec. 2,1008

Marie
  • eleanddon
    Options
    Just want you to know this is Ellie. I changed my user name to eleanddon. I am gloing use to keep my DH on his diet but I will still be here too. I have to plan all his meals and right now his weight is serious over. I have done this before. I plan his day and than I eat less and drop calories for me. I told you he is a diabetic and not compliant unless I plan for him. Just don't forget me because I have changed my user name.

Ellie the little:devil:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Ellie, We wont forget you. But there for a minute I thougt we had a new girl here. Is your husband on pills or insulin? My husband is a diabetic too but he is on pil;ls and it keep his in control . He eats about anything he wants too but he is really active and ride his bike every night unless it is raining. I am on insulin and I can't get by the way he does. I have to really watch my carbs. Phoebe husband is a diabetic too and I beleive he is on insulin. So maybe we can all help each other. Marie
  • eleanddon
    Options
    My husband is on pills but he is about 35 pounds overweight and has big tummy so he needs to loose and i hope we can do it together. We did it before and hopefully we can do it again

Ellie:blushing:
  • eleanddon
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Looking forward to a great day!

Ellie the little :devil:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Ellie, You got us off to a great start. So lets us all have a great day.
    It is really nice here in Texas this morning. I have been watching the craft shows this morning. Usally don't get up in time to watch them on Saturday morning or I forget them. Going to go and do my food chart for today. and make a copy so I can remember what I am to eat.

HELLO, PAT & PHOEBE
    BE BACK LATER
  • pkdarlin
    Options
    Hi Marie, Ellie, Pjsattic, I hope I did not leave anyone out. so nice to have everyone here. Our little community is growing.

Marie you have such good menus, I could take listen from you. I had kind of a crazy breakfast this morning. Refried beans (fat free), egg cooked in pam, sliced tomato, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil in my refried beans. I've always heard the good oils are good for your heart so I try to get in a couple of teaspoons a day.

Ellie you changed on us so it throw me off a little, but sure glad you are still here.

Pjsattic, so glad you joined us.

Hope I did not leave anyone out, if I did please forgive me and welcome to our little community.

I'm off to walk now and then use my free weights for 15 minutes. My doctor told me to start doing free weights for my arms. She is so in shape, I just love her. she is my age and that makes it nice. Talk to you all later. Have a wonderful day.

• pkdarlin
    Options
    I just got my ticker, I had to figure it out. I will update it on Monday.

Pat
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hi everyone, finally, a little time on the pc for me.. I've been up since 7 est, but I've been on the pc all the time, trying to shop for a surprise for dh, coz he just finished putting in the laminate floor in the kitchen and living room.. wheee.... He is so sore all over.. I went to sleep long before he finished. So, there is this tool he wants and I sneak and order it.. but he didn't know how much it cost, then he saw the paper I printed, with the price on it.. and he says.. you didn't order that did you? UGH!! I told him it was a thank you for the flooring. So he says he would rather have a backpack leaf blower, and that's enough about that!!
    Marie, your breakfast and lunch sounds good to me.. we had tilapia last night, but I think it was freezer burnt, but it didn't look like it.. anyway, we didn't finish it.. I love tilapia, preferably baked, or broiled with bread crumbs on it.
    Had a good breakfast too.. egg beaters/two eggs scrambled with 1/2 oz cheese/ one grands biscuit with jelly, no butter, and bacon.. kinda fatty, but if I eat a good meal,, I go longer before getting seriously hungry.
    Marie, I'm so glad you are willing to use your walker, so many people get stubborn about it, and it is such a lifesaver. I'd rather scoot around with a walker than fall. Even two walking sticks is a great idea. I'm glad Jerry is so fit.. I tried to ride a bike, haven't since I was a teenager, I couldn't stand the bounceing, it hurt my back and my backside. I'd have to go to the park or somewhere with flat surfaces. Our streets are too dangerous around here.
    I have a lot to do to get ready to return to work.. things are pretty slow there right now, but they should pick up by mid January.
    I have one of those dvds where you exercise sitting down. I wouldn't say I get a lot from it, but I think any motion is good. This lady even has you move your face muscles.. it is for stroke victims and people with disabilities as well as 'golden sneakers'.
    take care all, be careful in your motions.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi everyone, finally, a little time on the pc for me.. I've been up since 7 est, but I've been on the pc all the time, trying to shop for a surprise for dh, coz he just finished putting in the laminate floor in the kitchen and living room.. wheee.... He is so sore all over.. I went to sleep long before he finished. So, there is this tool he wants and I sneak and order it.. but he didn't know how much it cost, then he saw the paper I printed, with the price on it.. and he says.. you didn't order that did you? UGH!! I told him it was a thank you for the flooring. So he says he would rather have a backpack leaf blower, and that's enough about that!!
    Marie, your breakfast and lunch sounds good to me.. we had tilapia last night, but I think it was freezer burnt, but it didn't look like it.. anyway, we didn't finish it.. I love tilapia, preferably baked, or broiled with bread crumbs on it.
    Had a good breakfast too.. egg beaters/two eggs scrambled with 1/2 oz cheese/ one grands biscuit with jelly, no butter, and bacon.. kinda fatty, but if I eat a good meal,, I go longer before getting seriously hungry.
    Marie, I'm so glad you are willing to use your walker, so many people get stubborn about it, and it is such a lifesaver. I'd rather scoot around with a walker than fall. Even two walking sticks is a great idea. I'm glad Jerry is so fit.. I tried to ride a bike, haven't since I was a teenager, I couldn't stand the bounceing, it hurt my back and my backside. I'd have to go to the park or somewhere with flat surfaces. Our streets are too dangerous around here.
    I have a lot to do to get ready to return to work.. things are pretty slow there right now, but they should pick up by mid January.
    I have one of those dvds where you exercise sitting down. I wouldn't say I get a lot from it, but I think any motion is good. This lady even has you move your face muscles.. it is for stroke victims and people with disabilities as well as 'golden sneakers'.
    take care all, be careful in your motions.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey Phoebe---- What is that tape called and can I order it over the internet? I didn't know Jim was doing your living room too. That will be nice. I got my turbo cooker this morning. Now got to make room in the kitchen for it. Alice MY 54 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER JUST CALLED ME TO SEE HOW i COOK PINTO BEANS . S he says Jim[ her husband] don't cooked his beans the way I do. I cooked mine down to get real soupy and thick. We like to put them over shreadded lettuce for a bean taco salad.

Pat----I'm glad you like this topic site. It is really helping me. Thanks so much for you help. I found out I can walk and do some exercise. I aam fixing to go for my walk in aa few minuets. and do my chair exercise. It is real nice here today. Just right for a walk. How about thhat lady winning that 1 million dollor in OK. We have been there a few times.

Ellie---- It must be real nice to get out and walk by the oceans Does it stays nice and warm there all the time? I wouldn't want to be there in the hurrican season tho.

LETS GO EXERCISING AND hAVE A GREAT DAY.----MARIE
  • pkdarlin
    Options
    Hi Marie, I guess I have not heard about the lady that won the million in OK. where was it in OK? I have not looked at the paper or watch the news yet. I just back from walking. It just amazes me how good the food data ba
    se is on this site, so far I have not had to put in anything of my own. today I'm doing so good. I hope I keep it up. Night time is my worst time for eating. My husband likes ice cream and it raises my blood sugar to much, maybe if I go walk after I eat it I might be able to get away with it.

Pat:flowerforyou:
  • eleanddon
    Options
    Yes it is niced here and we are having an unusually warm winter. Hope that does not mean a really bad summer. Usually we are not bothered by the hurricanes because of the geography of the coast they usually just glance off us but who know what could happen. But we can live without the snow and ice and being able to walk outside almost every day. Walked the beach today, it was about 60 but comofortable walking.

Ellie:smile: