SENIORS GOLDEN SNEAKERS CLUB

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi Biggramma--- Say if you keep up all of that you will have to change your name. Wouldn't that be nice.

Hey Phoebe---You and your cats. How about Meanie is he still around. He probable don't like you anymore after taking him to the vet.

Jeffrey , I have a yoga tape I will drag out and see what I can do. I know that they say it will help your balance. I also have some of Richard Simon tapes.

Pat---I am glad you are in a better frame of mind. SDon't get discourage here.

Ellie----My husband is a diabetic too. But his is under control by pills and he does not watch his food at all. icecream and pies on weekend nights. Biscuit and gravy . The whole nine yards.But his blood sugar is under controlds.I don't know how. I am on 2 different kind of insulin taken 4 times a day. I got a perfect reading last month on my 3 month check up. It takes controling my carbs to do so.

I went to the eye doctor today and my pressure is up in my left eyes and he wants to do Laser on it to bring the pressure down. in a couple weeks.
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Just finished my work out and I have a negative 1200 calories for today! It is a good day! Had great talapia with steamed broccoli for supper with 16 ounces of skimmed milk. I love my skim milk! and I am so physically shot that I may pass out typing this! Anyway have a good evening!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    P(For forum signatures on most message boards) This was made by a friend in Canada. It remind me of your picture

111467.png
    at---- just to see if this work It didn't
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :cry: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
    I tried to post a picture hear last niht but did not make it.

but hey notice my ticker. A two lb lost. I feel so goog about it. And i have you girls and Jeffery to thanks for it and MFP for the calories food chart. I have been on another wieght loss site and have only been going down a little and up a little. This works. Counting calories!!!!! I never did want to keep track of all my meals too much work. But this food chart make it so easy and fun. Thanks MFP>

I will be back later. SEE YA !!!!!!!!!!
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Good Morning!

Hope everyone is having a great day! I don't know if any of you eat these but they are very good. Healthy choice Cafe Steamers. They have many different types, chicken, beef, etc. They usually have about 250-320 calories per meal. The portions are somewhat small but that is to be expected. They are really good. Anyway, Target has had them on sale for $2 each. That is about 20% less than Sam's Club has them for. Just 5 minutes in the microwave and dinner is served! LOL And at $2 per meal and dieting and no cooking, what's not to like?

Keep exercising and moving!

Jeffrey
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    GOOD MORNING

Nothing going on with me today....I have had my breakfast...One cup of Cheerios and a 100 calorie pack of Crasins....and of course my 2 cups of coffee:drinker:

It is a little cold and damp here in the Central Valley of California...No sun in sunny California.

I am liking this site..except for the blogs...it is hard to find my friend's blogs...and I do not know if you can post pictures on your blogs like I can on CK....I use PhotoBucket....

Like I said yesterday I did post a few photos of my critters (JJ and JJ'sKitty) on my profile...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday.:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Biggramma---Hey I bouht some of those treats. Will have on for my snack at 3:00 thia afternoon. I went to you blog and saw JJ and JJ Kitty. Have a question How did JJ Kitty get JJ name. They are so cute, There is a topic called Post you before and after Pictures. That a girl gave to post pictures. I did i once but have forgotten how I diid it. Need to check back and refresh my menory.

Jeffrey----I have tried those cafe steamers and I really like them, We don't have a Super targetclose by but I will check the papers out and see what our stores have on sale. One of my faverites TV dinner is Tortilla Crusted fish by Lean cusine I think about 330 calories.

Phoebe, Ellie,and Pat ---Have a great day.
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    CALIECAT I posted yesterday here how JJ'sKitty got her name......I had an old cat 20 years old...well when she passed away :cry: JJ mourned her so much...kept going out on the patio and looking for her and whinning...so I got a kitten....named her JJ's Kitty...Makes it easy when I say to JJ "Where is JJ's Kitty":laugh:
    Hope you like the Kashi bars....I do not have a Super Target here..but they sure sell a lot of food products there...and cheaper than the grocery store...I buy all of my cereal and brown rice there...and yesterday they had a deal on some low sodium soup....
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    By the way, have you seen Weight watchers new Momentum ads on tv?
    Does anyone have any input on this program.. I'm not sure if I want to go back to WW or not.. but they do have Mobile capabilities now, so I can keep up with my points. I think I do well with this website, MFP, and I don't want to enter everything twice.
    what do you all think?

Phoebe I think this is the best. I lost on ww too many years back but they have change so much. I never did like keeping up with pts. I am thinking about dropping Lighten Up. Wendie don't seem like she has an interest in it no more. And haven't for serveal years. I wish Gayla would join us here. I am going to tell Kay I will be dropping out on a regular basic. This is easy to do. And I am having fun. Alice is still going to WW so she can weight in. She is on so. b. diet and lost 4 lbs last week.. She join here but she works such long hours shhe don't have time for the food chart. But i still have to weight in every morning on the home monitor scales. And every doctor office and that is enought for me. The nurse called me today to congrats me on my lost. And wanted to know the name of this site.,Says she will check it out when she got home. Your buddy ,Marie

Did you see my ticker today?????????????? A five pound lost since Dec 2,2008
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    By the way, have you seen Weight watchers new Momentum ads on tv?
    Does anyone have any input on this program.. I'm not sure if I want to go back to WW or not.. but they do have Mobile capabilities now, so I can keep up with my points. I think I do well with this website, MFP, and I don't want to enter everything twice.
    what do you all think?

Phoebe I think this is the best. I lost on ww too many years back but they have change so much. I never did like keeping up with pts. I am thinking about dropping Lighten Up. Wendie don't seem like she has an interest in it no more. And haven't for serveal years. I wish Gayla would join us here. I am going to tell Kay I will be dropping out on a regular basic. This is easy to do. And I am having fun. Alice is still going to WW so she can weight in. She is on so. b. diet and lost 4 lbs last week.. She join here but she works such long hours shhe don't have time for the food chart. But i still have to weight in every morning on the home monitor scales. And every doctor office and that is enought for me. The nurse called me today to congrats me on my lost. And wanted to know the name of this site.,Says she will check it out when she got home. Your buddy ,Marie

Did you see my ticker today?????????????? A five pound lost since Dec 2,2008

GOOD JOB ON THE 5 POUND LOSS....AWESOME....WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME....lol
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    As you can tell I do not know how to do the quotes...I was just trying to tell CALIECAT good job on the 5 pound weigh loss.....Guess I will just stick to what I know how to do...just reply.....
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    As you can tell I do not know how to do the quotes...I was just trying to tell CALIECAT good job on the 5 pound weigh loss.....Guess I will just stick to what I know how to do...just reply.....

Biggrandma,

Just hit the "quote" button and then type in your reponse. It's real easy! Stay with your goals and I will help nag you to the weight loss! LOL

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Did you guys watch the BL last night. It was a tear jerker. I don't see how anybody can put theirself thru all of that.
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options

Biggrandma,

Just hit the "quote" button and then type in your reponse. It's real easy! Stay with your goals and I will help nag you to the weight loss! LOL

Jeffrey

I did that and everything still shows up in the blue
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    I guess I did do it correctly,...:laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I guess I did do it correctly,...:laugh:

Are you clicking on quote directly under the post you want to quote? Marie
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    Yes but the first time I did it I added my response in the quote.:embarassed: ...I thought you could just pull out part of the quote but....I guess I thought wrong.:laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Will try to post pictures

(For forum signatures on most message boards)

111467.png
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    In case anyone is interested...I just posted my before picture on my profile....It was taken at Christmas 2006...my heaviest...around 200 pounds.:cry: ...Christmas of this year....141.5.....I am happy :happy: about that...I am enjoying this forum very much....Now off to fix a bite to eat....:flowerforyou:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Here I be, finally!! I've been gone all day, my goodness, time is flying.. Yes, Biggramma, I hated to see Mervyns go.. They opened them here in Georgia many years ago, then they closed them, I was sick about it, but I knew I could go to one in CA sometimes.. now.. boo hoo.. they were nice stores.
    I can remember what I ate today, even though I haven't used the food diary yet.. that is a bit of an accomplishment for me, coz I usually snack, and can't remember what I had..
    I should have gotten a HC cafe steamer, I got some of the no freezer or refrigeration meals, forgot them name, but the asian beef with noodles was too sweet for me.. it was mostly noodles, not enough protein.
    I Love Kashi TLC bars.. I bought three boxes this week, pumpkin spice, trail mix and honey almond flax.. They have the protein I need to keep my energy up without taking in so many carbs, and I will try just about anything with lots of fiber as well.. I think these two, protein and hi fiber help to control blood sugar.. I also got some kind of bar from Quaker, hopefully dh will like it.. it is banana oat or something. Jeffrey, I can tell you are very motivated, and organized too.. I know it is a great feeling when you know you have accomplished something that was pretty tough to get going.
    I still don't do enough exercise, walking, but not enough. I do park farther away from buildings, except at night. That is a good way to get in some walking, and I always try to return my cart to the store instead of the cart return area.. also, pick up a couple of wayward carts and push them back to the store on my way in to shop.
    I'm getting hungry, as late as it is.. I'm still going to have dinner.. leftovers from last nights stir fry done with olive oil, about a tablespoon, and then steamed.. Marie, I looked up the turbo cooker on a website, and I don't see how you make toast in it, unless you just put it in the bottom of the skillet and flip it like a pancake? Maybe I didn't see the same one you have... it looks like a skillet, with a rack in it, and a lid.. is that it?
    I saw the funniest video, called 'Why AARP sells Life Insurance'.. one of the women appeared to be trying a yoga pose and got stuck, she was rolling around like a little ball.. had to laugh.. I kept thinking.. 'That could be me!!' :bigsmile:
    Time for dinner take care all have a great night.. sooner or later, I'll get to the add a signature thingy.
    Phoebe/pjsattic