Question for the ladies

Options

Replies

• Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    For me the more natural look would be toned with some definition, Body Builder would be the guys on stage with muscles that would scare small children and veins bulging out everywhere that is just to much.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    For me the more natural look would be toned with some definition, Body Builder would be the guys on stage with muscles that would scare small children and veins bulging out everywhere that is just to much.

*LMGDAO* Love it.
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    For me the ideal is not an extreme i.e old school Schwarzenegger or so lanky that I want to cook for him so I have proof he eats. As long as he feels comfortable and confident in his own skin, which is what I think "natural" would be.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    oh, one final word from me... i think a guy that is ripped obviously has some major willpower and dedication... both very desirable traits in my book!
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    The Natural look but not too much muscle is okay:wink:
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    -Somewhat muscular.

-Like others said... it looks like you take care of yourself but also have a life.

-Not in such awesome shape that it'll make me feel insecure to the point where it goes beyond just motivating me to be the best I can be but where I feel I'll NEVER be able to compare.

-A good shoulder-to-waist ratio or "V-back" is great.

-No chicken legs.

-No veins popping out weirdly when you flex.

-A man's neck should always go in at least a little or be straight & never just taper triangle-like to his head.

-MOST IMPORTANT: if he's built to the point to where I find myself mulling over the logistics of how he can wipe his bum and still be hygienic, it's a total turn-off.
  • Magic_Girl
    Magic_Girl Posts: 158
    Options
    My man has big strong arms, a hard chest, and a soft belly (no abs). I love him the way he is, even when he wasn't so muscular. I don't want him to have rock hard abs. He wants to be a bodybuilder so I know his body is going to get bigger. Whatever he wants I will be okay with.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

But...where's the middle ground? That's a pretty huge range!

For me...I like my build. It's not perfect, I need less bodyfat, but I only want to be a little bigger. 5-10lbs of muscle will be nice...and about 5-7% less bodyfat.

I suppose that is why I'm curious. I'm happily attached, but its interesting to apply this stuff to yourself lol.
  • Caitie1986
    Caitie1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll say it. I like muscles. LOTS of muscles! A man with broad shoulders and a barrel chest and some ab definition turns me on. There. I admit it. Good calves are also a plus.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I was always attracted to tall (1ft+ taller than me at 5'2") and skinny like a beanpole, but lately it's changed. Now I'm more into shorter guys (almost all are still taller than me :) and guys that just look 'fit'. Not super muscular but with enough definition that you can tell they did or are doing something to get that way. I'm okay with a gut-I'm not sure I'll ever be rid of mine so I can't ask for more.

But, as others have said, personality trumps. If a guy is a jerk but hot, he's still a jerk. Nice guys -DO- win in the end. I'd go out with an over-weight guy because he had the guts to ask-shows he's willing to take risks.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I don't want a guy who's jacked and walks funny his arms are so big. But I don''t want twiggie g either. Soo somewhere in the middle. At the end of the day his face is what gets me or not. I like the rocks body he's about the biggest I'd want a guy.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I like muscular. Defined. I love to look at construction workers and tree trimmers. You can have a rockin' body without spending ALL day at the gym!

eta: Then again, I secretly find Tom Petty sexy...
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I like the body that looks like it was built on a soccer field or a track or on a surf board, NOT in gym. You can tell when a guy is an athlete and his body was sculpted from action not repetition. Of course they spend time in the gym, but that's not all they do.
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options

But...where's the middle ground? That's a pretty huge range!

For me...I like my build. It's not perfect, I need less bodyfat, but I only want to be a little bigger. 5-10lbs of muscle will be nice...and about 5-7% less bodyfat.

I suppose that is why I'm curious. I'm happily attached, but its interesting to apply this stuff to yourself lol.

I've looked at your profile pics and I think you would easily fit in the buff and defined range...you have a good look. I think the guys who are so huge that there is nothing natual looking about them are the turn off stage, you just look like a guy who takes care of himself and works out...No worries for you. :happy:
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I'm sorry to be the b*tch of the thread (but there's always one right?) :happy: . But I don't think "natural" defines any particular body shape. I don't get it.:huh:

You can be naturally 400lbs :wink:

I like slender with pretty decent muscle definition but not large body builder muscles.

Exhibit A:

bradley-cooper-shirtless.jpg

Nobody is naturally 400 pounds... processed, high fat food is not natural yuck!!!
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love definition and a guy with strong arms - guns even! And beautiful forearms...omg YES. Chrisanderson your physic is definitely hot...so you're on the money honey.

Overly ripped isn't good. Skinny and scrawny no good either.

My man must be taller than me, and I want to feel safe in his arms. I'm almost 6ft tall so it wasn't easy finding my Mr Right - but I've found him, and he's broad with beautiful arms - a great butt - and a bit of a belly that could use some work but I love him just the way he is.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    No muscle heads for me. I like a natural look, although I do like me some big guns! :happy: I have a pretty wide standard, it all depends of the man.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I like a man who stays in shape and has a strong physique. I don't want spaghetti arms trying to hug me and if a guy needs ME to open the jars... game OVER! lol

Haha!

And odusgolp...that guy would be considered pretty ripped by most standards.

Yep. In all reality i like relatively ripped. Rarely ever get it *LOL* But ya know ;)

But still slender/medium, ya know? "BIG" is a turn-off for me

Exhibit B:

imgad?id=CJibsq-EhuOlrQEQoAEYwgQyCLOpOzkyiwOG

Ewwww.... even has a muscular belly button! That's gross! lol
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options

That's actually a herniated bellybutton.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I like a man who stays in shape and has a strong physique. I don't want spaghetti arms trying to hug me and if a guy needs ME to open the jars... game OVER! lol

Haha!

And odusgolp...that guy would be considered pretty ripped by most standards.

Yep. In all reality i like relatively ripped. Rarely ever get it *LOL* But ya know ;)

But still slender/medium, ya know? "BIG" is a turn-off for me

Exhibit B:

imgad?id=CJibsq-EhuOlrQEQoAEYwgQyCLOpOzkyiwOG

DUDE. I was thinking the same thing.

How does it stick out like that?! Now that is NOT natural.