Chobani Greek Yogurt or Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt, Which do

Options

Replies

• gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I get my Chiobani @ Costco...Costco is like Sams'.
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    Chobani's in my favorite! I can buy it at our local super walmart...but prefer to buy it at BJ"s wholesale (like sams club) either in the big containers for under $5 .... they also carry cases with like 12 of the single serve....the pineapple is awesome!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Fage is my favorite, closely followed by Voskos.
  • ckspores
    ckspores Posts: 52
    Options
    I prefer Chobani by far except for plain, which I buy at Trader Joe's (the best price I've found for the plain).
  • leeannm0304
    Options
    I also like Chobani and I use the Fat Free Plain and buy Sugar Free Preserves.. YUMMO!

Also I use the Plain in place of all Sourcream now too.. Taste really good.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I buy the honey dannon yogurt but all others I like chobani. My overall favorite is the dannon honey though.
  • fivetwo84
    Options
    I was eating Chobani for months, but I recently tried Oikos & I find I actually like that one better. It's creamier & tastes better, in my opinion. I still buy both, though. The best Chobani flavors are mango, pineapple, black cherry, & peach. I've only tried the cherry & peach so far from Oikos, & both were fantastic.

I really like the idea of buying the plain & using sugar free preserves that someone suggested here; I might try that, too.
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I havent tried Chobani but I've fallen in LOVE with oikos Greek nonfat yogurt, vanilla flavor. Keeps me full FOREVER and tastes so heavenly I think I'm having a treat!! I am so sad/bummed that I just ran out of them. D; They're my staple breakfast whenever I can get them again...
  • sheldabrooke2312
    sheldabrooke2312 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also eat one yogurt a day, adding flaxseed to it. Chobani is my favorite, it's hard to beat the strawberry banana flavor! I like the Oikos super-fruit flavor as well, so I would suggest that one if you try it.

Also, if you go to the Chobani website, you can print out some coupons :)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i prefer Chobani, honestly.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I also eat one yogurt a day, adding flaxseed to it. Chobani is my favorite, it's hard to beat the strawberry banana flavor! I like the Oikos super-fruit flavor as well, so I would suggest that one if you try it.

Also, if you go to the Chobani website, you can print out some coupons :)

Thanks, Never thought of that :)

Well my favorite is the Pmoegranate Chobani of course!!! I may try the Oikos by Dannon and see if its any good, and also the Fragi. Thanks to everyon that posted, I really appreciate it.
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    I like the Fage plain, but the Fage with fruit on the bottom had non-sugar sweetener and other additives, which surprised me. The chobani fruit-flavors are made with real fruit and came sugar so if I want fruit, I get chobani. Usually I just add 1/2 tablespoon of honey and it's delicious.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The dannon is my Greek yogurt of choice. I usually get the plain kind and add honey and cinnamon... Or mango... Or something like that. I did try the vanilla nonfat one today and I enjoyed it, but think I still prefer the plain with honey and fruit

I have tried a bunch of different ones but I like dannon best
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Dannon one because I too saw the commercial, I say Chobani is way better. I get a 12 pack of the Chobani at Sams club for just under $12.
  • krikri311
    Options
    Fage is THE best by far! More expensive, but worth the price. I consider it my "treat" version of yogurt!

My normal yogurt intake is a personal blend:

1/2 Yoplait Original any flavor ( it is low-fat, no artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn syrup)
    1/2 Plain fat-free

Blending the two significantly lowers both the fat and sugar per serving, but is still plenty sweet for my liking!
  • tn92
    tn92 Posts: 12
    Options
    i wasn't a fan of greek yogurt until i tried chobani. i really liked it but it was pricey. Oikos was on sale so i tried it and i personally like it better. probably because it is sweeter. i also tried athenos which is tolerable but i wouldn't get it unless it was on sale.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Ok so today I decided to try the Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Strawberry flavor and might i add it cost more then Chobani and to me
    it is NOT as good as Chobani. I can tolerate it but it is not as smoothe tasting as Chobani. I think I will stick with Chobani.
  • HillaryHater
    HillaryHater Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Chobani is really gross. The fruit on the bottom looks like fruit which has turned brown and is gummy-like, as if they use xanatham gum or something. Dannon's looks and tastes 10 time better. Plus Chobani is a rip-off and that organic crap they try to push on us .
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I buy the big container of the Chobani 0% plain yogurt and love it. I add it to my protein shakes, use it in place of mayo and sour cream. I've substituted it for milk in my mac & cheese (it was a suggestion on the back of the Annie's box. HIGHLY recommend it!) I'll eat it plain or add honey, maple syrup, home made black berry jam, PB . . . oh I could go on and on and on about how much I love the stuff!! LOL!!
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like Fage the best. The plain yogurt is great to add to different recipes and the split cup - the one with the fruit on the side is super yummy!