Chobani Greek Yogurt or Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt, Which do

Options

Replies

• hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fage is THE best by far! More expensive, but worth the price. I consider it my "treat" version of yogurt!

My normal yogurt intake is a personal blend:

1/2 Yoplait Original any flavor ( it is low-fat, no artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn syrup)
    1/2 Plain fat-free

Blending the two significantly lowers both the fat and sugar per serving, but is still plenty sweet for my liking!

^^ This!! Definitely worth the price!
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Chobani is SO good, it's the only plain greek yogurt i like, it's creamy and delicious. I had it this morning topped with frozen mixed berries yummmmmmm!
  • amaryllis88
    amaryllis88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've had both varieties. Chobani is pricey, I've seen Target, Walmart, and Tom Thumb carry them at around $1.22 each, on occasion they'll have a sale where they sell it for $1, and that's when I usually buy a bunch of them.

I really like the mango and apple cinnamon flavors from Chobani. My Walmart is carrying Oikos for $1, so I've been buying that one lately, I really love the black cherry flavor, and the blueberry ones. I haven't tried any of their other flavors.

I think the flavor is stronger in the Oikos' yogurt as opposed to the Chobani yogurt, but they both taste delicious.
  • tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like both, but Oikos is my preference. I don't care for Fage because of the texture--it's very thick. But if you like that, you'll like Fage--its my husband's favorite.
  • wmako
    wmako Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani! It's like a meal and very satisfying. I get it at Costco and it ends up being less that a dollar each.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Chobani but Dannon is alright. Fage is the best ;)
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Fage is the best one ever, but its not sold near me.
    So I chose which ever is cheaper between Chobani & Dannon, I like Dannon more than Chobani.
    I normally like to get plain yogurt and put in grapes and grape nut cereal! YUM, that way its way better on sugars.
    Also for a nice treat I LOVE the Dannon Key Lime Oikos yogurt its sooooo Good!!!
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I'd say avoid Dannon.

My favorite is Fage Total 0% plain.

I also like Voskos with honey.

Stonyfield Oikos.

Chobani plain was OK, but not as good as Fage. I haven't had any flavored versions.
  • histogal99
    histogal99 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can also strain regular yogurt to make Greek yogurt. Line a strainer with coffee filters, put it over a bowl, pour in the yogurt and let stand in the fridge for a few hours (consistency/taste of sour cream) or overnight (consistency/taste of cream cheese). Amazon sells a fancy little contraption with a fine mesh strainer and container to catch the whey (think that is what the liquid is called).
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Oikos - I haven't seen Chobani in Canada, at least where I am anyway.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the ingredients list. You can read the ingredients in Chobani. Not as much in Oikos. Also, Chobani tastes better :P
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    ZOI Honey flavored greek yogurt. It's like crack cocaine. Can't get enough.

Theres ones store near buy that carries this....and another that carries the Zoi :D

But I've never tried it...looks good. I'll have to pick some up. I prefer Chobani but Fage is what got me into greek yogurt. I've been hooked on pineapple chobani lately though.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Liberte Mediterranee both plain and in flavors.

but i've yet to see it in the states when I'm there. I think it may be Canada specific.
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My favorite brands of Greek yogurt are Chobani, Brown Cow, and Dannon Oikos. I always buy a box of Brown Cow greek yogurt from Sam's Club. The box of 12 is $10.68 which comes to $.89 each.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Chobani for sure! I think the Okios taste chalky to me.

My new fav breakfast that actually holds me over til lunch is:

1 6oz thing of chobani plain fat free
    1 honey tangerine
    20 grams of honey almond granola
    1 teaspoon stevia

It is yummy!
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Oikos - I haven't seen Chobani in Canada, at least where I am anyway.

Oh nooo, i'm moving to Canada in 2 weeks and Chobani is my favourite brand of yogurt dammit lol
  • rockyluv88
    Options
    I love dannand oikos... I think cobanni is too sour. I go to Safeway and get the 50% off going to expire in a week ones and it brings he cost down to a manageable price.
  • abied82
    abied82 Posts: 8
    Options
    I tried the chobani Greek yogurt very berry, I didn't like it taste funny, I'm going to try the Cannon
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Chobani is sex in the mouth.
    But I agree, pretty pricey and I don't like all the sugar.
    So I pick up plain, non fat greek yogurt and add some trail mix and splenda to it, of some Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal to it. pretty tastey, you get your fiber and taste minus the insane amount of sugar.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer Oikos, but I usually buy whichever is in stock, they are basically identical nutrition wise, local store usually runs low on Oikos some days of the week and I have to buy Chobani