Chobani Greek Yogurt or Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt, Which do

Options

Replies

• schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I love love love Oikos, especially the honey. And please, for the love of god, DO NOT buy yoplait. Ew.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Chobani and thought it was great until I tried the Fage kind ... this is the true greek yougurt and now I can't go back. I started with the fruit kind and now get the 0% plain and add my own fresh fruit ..best thing ever!

I have also tried Oikos but Dannon only recently bought out Oikos and changed the formula and it's not as good as it used to be.

But when it comes to price over taste then you will be more likely to find Dannon cheapest.

If you have a membership to Sam's Club or Costco they sell Fage and Chobani at great prices.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I did a taste test and blog about this awhile back.. Oiko's won for me, taste more like regular yogurt, although I liked the taste of the Fruit on the Bottom more than that traditional, except they Key Lime.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Fage. Definitely. I don't even particularly like yogurt but this stuff is addictive. I've had Oikos and it was good, but not like this. The only drawback is the price. I'm just watching for good sales. When I find it for $1 again I'll but another few weeks' worth.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If I can't find something on sale - I go for Fage at Costco
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Chobani Black Cherry is my favorite and I use the plain for cooking etc.

I know it has sugar but I don't eat a lot of sugar normally. I use Chobani as dessert when I'm trying to eat back exercise calories.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This probably isn't very helpful but I buy whatever is on sale or cheaper that week...or what I have a coupon for. I only buy the non-fat plain varieties and I would say that I enjoy them equally. I usually have it for lunch with a little agave nectar, berries and almonds!
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I like both the Chobani and Oikos. But I love Fage!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I loved Vanilla Dannon Oikos - it tastes like vanilla pudding to me. To "save" on calories, I switched to the plain variety. Then, I tried Fage 0% Plain and OMG, it was the best thing in the world to me. I mix my cereal in it for breakfast, with some fruit (strawberries, blueberries, dried cranberries, orange sections... any and or all of the above) or I will spread it on a bagel thin instead of cream cheese or butter.

Like a previous poster said, it is VERY thick, but I like that about it.
  • kristimcb2605
    Options
    Chobani - hands down!! Now TCBY has Greek Yogurt! :happy:
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Making your own is very simple to do, and way cheaper. :smile:
  • kristimcb2605
    Options
    angimac wrote : "I will spread it on a bagel thin instead of cream cheese or butter. "

Excellent Idea!!! Thank you! :happy:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    LOVE Oikos!!! And I have had both.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Both. All of them. Believe me, I will eat all the Greek yogurt I can find.

I do usually buy Fage 0% plain, but I'll treat myself to Oikos vanilla or any of Chobani's flavors once in a while.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I always liked Oikos until I tried Chobani Apple Cinnamon... OH MY GOD. NEVER GOING BACK. I could eat it every day. I work at my local Wal-Mart and it's sold out. I checked the handheld and the warehouse is sold out, too. I wanted to cry.
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    Fage has significantly more protein than Chobani and a lot more than the popular brands, so you get more for the calories, which if you are restricting calories, is the way to go.
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Chobani's
    > two thumbs up :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Neither. Fage is awesome. Especially the Fage 2% honey greek yogurt.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    They are both pretty good and way better than the store brand.
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I buy which ever one is on sale at my grocery store :smile: there are certain flavors of each brand I like, so when they are 10 for $10 i stock up!