Chobani Greek Yogurt or Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt, Which do

Options

Replies

• jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    I like both Chobani and Oikos although I prefer the stonyfield Oikos rather than the dannon. I also like the Chobani Champions for dessert, they are whipped up more like a mousse. Oh and just had Adonia frozen greek yogurt bars, those things are 75 calories and heaven on a stick!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Fage, for sure. Currently on sale at my local Jewel store for $1 each.
    Next up: Chobani. The Oikos.

I started w/Oikos then worked my way to Chobani & then Fage. Ultimately I like Fage the best, plus it's lower in sugar (and sugar can be controlled by choosing how much of the fruit to mix in.)
  • mmklinemm
    mmklinemm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Chobani definitely. It tastes awesome.

Plus, some of the Oikos flavors contain carmine - a.k.a BUGS. Crushed up bugs for coloring. Google it. So nasty...
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    chobani. dannon has too much sugar like all the other posters have mentioned
  • knay112
    knay112 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I have been seeing commercials on Tv saying that people prefer the Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt over
    Chobani Greek Yogurt and I just wanted some opinions before I tried it.

I never liked Yogurt period until I joined MFP and learned about Chobani Greek Yogurt and so far its the only one
    that I can eat even after trying a few others. With that being said, it is a little pricey at $1.19 each and I eat 1 a day
    and I have been seeing commercials on TV for the Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt and just wanted to see what people thought
    about it in comparison to Chobani.

I have heard of Fagi, At least I think thats what its called but I have never tried it, In Walmart they carry that brand with some fruit in a side cup instead of mixed in. The only place I can find Chobani is at Krogers.

Please read all labels before you decide. This is very important! I am from Europe and was amazed to learn that most yogurts here are stuffed to the gills with unnatural fillers like gelatin and/or pectin etc.

Fillers give the yogurt a grainy taste. They are also loaded with sugar! Like natural milk - which should be the basis of a good yogurt - there should be no more than about 6 grams of sugar in your yogurt.

Personally, I prefer the greek Fage yogurt. No fillers, and only 6 grams of sugar! Fage comes in small, medium and large tubs. It also comes in full-fat, 2% and 0% fat. I am in the southeast and buy it at Kroger or Publix. I found that buying the largest tub will give me a portion every day for less that I would have spent on the individual cups.

I do not like the fruit cups as they add back the sugar I have been avoiding. One exception though; the Fage with honey. Once in a great while I can't resist it... Forgive me *lol* Call me strange, but I eat my yogurt with cereal, like most people eat cereal with milk. Doesn't get soggy and I like the crunch.

So, there you have it... my 2 cents worth.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Fage! Love that stuff! It has a nice mild flavor. Second to that I like Chobani. I usually get it plain and add a little sweetener and fruit, or just fruit depending on what kind.
  • lynsie86
    lynsie86 Posts: 17
    Options
    I prefer the Dannon Oikos. Key lime is my FAVORITE, it eat one almost everyday. I did pick up a thing of Chobani Strawberry/banana yesterday though and plan to try it tomorrow.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% is my favorite (with honey, with fruit, in recipes... I can find a million uses for that stuff)
    Then Chobani or Cabot Greek in second.
    Liberte is good for flavors, but they don't have a plain in Greek (at least, not that I've seen)
    After that.... it's all desperation.
  • Wenzday7777
    Options
    i buy the plain chaboni or Fage in big container and then take ziploc or rubber made containers the 1/2 cup or cup size and measure it all out ( i usually do this on sunday to get ready for the week i usually do 1/2 cup in each. Then I went to walmart ( can get it anywhere) i sugar free preserves i have a range of flavors. I walmart brand and smuckers in more flavors. I then measure 1 tbsp into each and then mix if not sweet enough i put a packet of truvia in it you end up with a snack or part of a meal for about 75 cals. The preserves are only 10 cals. I also have use torani coffee syrup sugar free in them also and thats yummy as well but i like the fruit better,
  • Wenzday7777
    Options
    I prefer the Dannon Oikos. Key lime is my FAVORITE, it eat one almost everyday. I did pick up a thing of Chobani Strawberry/banana yesterday though and plan to try it tomorrow.

of the oikos thats the one i love :) and if i buy it thats what i get
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    none they all taste discusting
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like oikos better
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani. Nostimo is good as well.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Fage was the best I've tried so far. I buy the plain and add my own honey. Also, Atlanta Fresh Greek Yogurt is awesome. I don't know if it is available anywhere else. YUM!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous of all of you! My local Walmart does not carry Chobani :( The best deal I've seen is 2 for $3 at Food Lion.

Even so, I will pay whatever for my beloved Chobani. Never tried any other brands of greek yogurt.

You must be in VA. Sam's club has Chobani with the fruit on the bottom. I forgot how much the pack is but they come out to be a $1 a piece. If you can get someone to take you to the comminssary they have them for 99 cent a piece also
  • katiedidd66
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Fage 0% and add my own frozen or fresh fruit, Kashi Go Lean Crisp and a tablespoon of milled flaxseed
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I eat regular and greek yogurt everyday, and dannon is my least favorite brand. I think it tastes cheap. lol Just my opinion, though! Fage and yoplait 2x protein are my favroite kinds. =]
  • lynsie86
    lynsie86 Posts: 17
    Options

I tried the Chobani again today and didn't like it at all. I prefer the thickness of the Dannon and the color of the Chobani fruit threw me off. I compared the sugar in the Straw/ban Chobani to the Key Lime Dannon and they are the same.

I've never seen the Fage but I'll try it if I find it.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I think Chobani is disgusting. I actually didn't touch yogurt for a month after that until I decided that I really wanted to like greek yogurt. I bought Oikos Fruit on the bottom and it's been love ever since. :love:
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    ZOI Honey flavored greek yogurt. It's like crack cocaine. Can't get enough.

This 100000% I've tried other brands, Oikos in my opinion has a horrible flavor, I've tried Greek Gods which is ok. ZOI Honey is my absolute flavorite! (pun intended) It's so thick and creamy and reminds me of a cheesecake filling! MMMMMMMMM :heart:

Edit: I also buy the big container and portion it out because it's cheaper. I add strawberries or blueberries to it and it's like heaven.