5'0-5'3 What are your goals?

Options

Replies

• Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2 and my goal is 120-125. I'm at 134 right now, but I also have a small frame so when I do gain it looks funny.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    5'3" .. I fluctuate right now between 128 and 130 but want to get down to the 115 - 120ish range. I'll re-evaluate at 120 because I feel like 115 may be too small but I have really chunky thighs that I want to get rid of. They will probably be the last to go so whatever weight they start disappearing at is the weight I'll try to maintain.
  • lucy2213
    lucy2213 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 I weigh 153 and my goal weight is 130. Can't seem to break through the 150's though!
  • stardozer
    Options
    im 5ft 1' and weigh 162.6 llbs I want to get down to 140 llbs.
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Terri and I am 45 yrs old and 5'0. I currently weigh 131 lbs and would like to get down to 110. I am happily married for 16 yrs and we have five amazing children. I am looking for support and encouragement. Looking forward meeting all of you. Terri
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hello, all you short people :) I, too, am in that range - at 5' 3" (and maybe a smidge.......I'm shrinking!!!!!!!!! lol)

About a year ago, I was just over 180! Gadz, that was awful. At a recent physical, I weighed in at 178, and made the determination that I was going to STOP THE MADNESS, and do something. Anything.

Found MFP, first on my own and then through my sister........and really like the tracking and THINKING about what I'm eating and doing each day. Weighed in at 168 this morning, and my first goal is 150. After that? we'll see!
  • horizonsp
    horizonsp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2. My CW is 138. My GW is 125.
  • horizonsp
    horizonsp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2. My CW is 138. My GW is 125.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    why were you frustrated... if I may ask?

I want to weigh around 105.

oh, and I'm 5'3"

I'm sorry...but why would you possibly want to weight 105? That isn't even a healthy weight. Of course that is only my opinion...don't shoot me!

May I ask, how is 105 not a healthy weight?
  • mkmfrog
    mkmfrog Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" ½...44 yrs old, have a pretty muscular frame, am a C-cup and fluctuate between a size 6 and 8.

My goal is 133 lbs (again). Reading some of the other poster's ideal weights on this thread makes that seem rather high, but I hit 131 lbs in April, but couldn't maintain it and have a life at the same time.

I really think you have to find the weight that makes you feel good about yourself AND allows you to have a balanced life---one filled with rigid days of calorie counting/exercise and other days of freedom and spontaneity.

At 44, I so sick of the "all or nothing" approach to losing and maintaining weight...I am striving for balance. And finding the right weight that provides that balance is key!
  • mdfeller
    Options
    I'm 5'. I started at 120. Now weigh 113-115, would like to lost 10 more pounds to be happy, but ideally want to be 100-105.
  • SAHM_1b2g
    Options
    I am 5'1" and, right now, my ultimate goal weight is 120.... so, I'm working toward that. I'm 24 and my husband and I have three babies (2006, 2008 and 2010), so I'll most likely go a little bit below 120 since my body has changed so much ;)
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and started out at over 200 lbs. when I started mfp I was exactly 200lbs. I am now 140 and I think I would like to hit 120. I will then evaluate the situation and see if I need to go down anymore but I would say for me 110 is the lowest I need to go.
    wow you have come along way!! Great job!
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    why were you frustrated... if I may ask?

I want to weigh around 105.

oh, and I'm 5'3"

I'm sorry...but why would you possibly want to weight 105? That isn't even a healthy weight. Of course that is only my opinion...don't shoot me!

May I ask, how is 105 not a healthy weight?
    I agree. 105 at 5'3 gives a BMI of 18.6, which still falls within the healthy range.
  • siabevis
    Options
    Im 5'3 and weight 105lbs. reached my goal :)
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Im 5'3 and weight 105lbs. reached my goal :)
    Congrats!
  • oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5'2"
    The heaviest I have been is 138 lbs, but I was bulimic then, and used drugs.
    I've been under 100 at times, but I don't think I want to be that small again.

Starting weight on this site was 120, apparently. I did the thing where I created an account and then abandoned it...
    My starting weight when I decided to start using it again was 117, with clothes and shoes on. I may still be there (No scale - don't want to put new batteries in mine! Makes for a real bad day.)

My goal is about 105.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Update: Same goal weight, but now I have14 pounds to lose.
  • GkMusic
    GkMusic Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.75" hehe The .75" means a lot to me! ;) My lowest weight was once around 115 and I was comfortable there. That's kind of my ultimate goal, but would be more than pleased with 120-125. I am currently 146.
  • michelledruss
    michelledruss Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-3/4":) Currently stuck for a while at 110. My doctor thinks 106 would be the best for me. 105 on a small frame is healthy, and everyone carries weight differently. My goal is not so much to loose pounds - it's to lower my body fat %. If I can get leaner and never loose those 4 lbs - I wouldn't care, I just don't want to get lean and toned.