count down to christmas challenge...

Options

Replies

• _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... finished the Thursday challenges (after looking up online how to do all of them, lol)! But how do I record them in my excersize diary? Does everyone usually just add an excersize to the database, or are they called something different?
    Thanks.
    Good luck to everyone with the weigh-in tomorrow! Not sure what will happen with me, since this is only my first week of doing the challenge, and I've only been doing the physical part of it since Monday... but my fingers are crossed and I'm hoping for the best! :bigsmile:
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sorry! I'll remember to add descriptions too :smile:
    Agreed, we should all post our carb-free ideas. I got way too tired eating fruit and salad for every meal, and I'm vegetarian so I can't eat chicken or anything....
    Gonna run for 40 min, do the challenge, and drink water like no other :)

Good luck tomorrow everyone! Rock that scale :happy:
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    hey all, how has everyone done?

i stayed the same :( oh well always next week xx
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    your all doing a fantastic job guys.. charlene im loving your nsv hopefully that will give you the nudge you need... dont kow about you guys but since i have started mfp i have noticed that if i fall of the wagon or lose motivation its really easy to get back on that day or the next day where as if i was doing it myself or with a sliming group i could fall off the wagon for weeks at a time and undo all the hard work... i hope it stays this way :happy: :happy: :happy:

im happy to see the thread been used a lot more:laugh: :laugh:
    so today so far my carb free is going great i havent even been tempted YET.. BUT my sister is bringing me to the cinema tonight and we all know what food is at the cinema.. im at my wits end because not only am i doing no carb but im doing no sugar :sad: :sad: :sad:

ill have to bring fruit or something:noway: :noway:
    I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW YOU ALL DO THIS WEEK AND FROM WHAT I HAVE SEE FROM YOUR DIARIES AND STATUS UPDATES YOUR ALL WORKING YOUR *kitten*'S OFF!!:drinker: :drinker:

Thanks, yes i agree being on MFP and falling off the wagon it's so much easier to jump back on. Thank you everyone for being supportive. My carb free days usually are salads too :(

Good luck everyone with weigh in, sure you will all do great :)
  • Pidders89
    Options
    your all doing a fantastic job guys.. charlene im loving your nsv hopefully that will give you the nudge you need... dont kow about you guys but since i have started mfp i have noticed that if i fall of the wagon or lose motivation its really easy to get back on that day or the next day where as if i was doing it myself or with a sliming group i could fall off the wagon for weeks at a time and undo all the hard work... i hope it stays this way :happy: :happy: :happy:

im happy to see the thread been used a lot more:laugh: :laugh:
    so today so far my carb free is going great i havent even been tempted YET.. BUT my sister is bringing me to the cinema tonight and we all know what food is at the cinema.. im at my wits end because not only am i doing no carb but im doing no sugar :sad: :sad: :sad:

ill have to bring fruit or something:noway: :noway:
    I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW YOU ALL DO THIS WEEK AND FROM WHAT I HAVE SEE FROM YOUR DIARIES AND STATUS UPDATES YOUR ALL WORKING YOUR *kitten*'S OFF!!:drinker: :drinker:

Thanks, yes i agree being on MFP and falling off the wagon it's so much easier to jump back on. Thank you everyone for being supportive. My carb free days usually are salads too :(

Good luck everyone with weigh in, sure you will all do great :)

Same here lol xxx
  • ms15000
    ms15000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was going to have a carb free day also, then I realised most of what I actually eat is carbs so I would be screwed. Will try it one day i have time to plan a proper day worth of meals, right now work is just too hectic for that.

2lb down on the weigh in though yay! :D Hopefully If this keeps up ill be fitting into the shirt i love and have never worn by christmas.
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Ok I am down 1 pound since the 24th. I really expected more since I have been working out like a mad woman! I am stumped.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Ok I am down 1 pound since the 24th. I really expected more since I have been working out like a mad woman! I am stumped.

I know the feeling ive worked my butt off this week and lost nothing :( it may be water retention or something else you cant control, im sure you will lose more next week, just stick at it :) xxx
  • iyohnakp
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

It took along time but I finally got down to my MFP starting weight and lost 2 more extra lbs!!!! I started off being 205 than I gained 4 extra lbs making me 209 when I entered this challenge. I'm to report that I'm 203lbs!!!! I know one things that's been working for me is staying on a low carb diet. I agree with Adrienne that we should go back to the low carb week to start the new month off strong. For those of you who haven't lost weight you alll might have lost inches.

There's 2 1/2 months until Christmas let's all remember how good we want to look and how many jaws we went to drop when we enter the room. :-)

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!
  • _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thank you to Andreaie and Tira for putting up the physical/exercise challenges this week! My last weigh-in was Monday, and that's when I "found" you guys and started following along. :o)

I lost 1.4 pounds, to make a total of 7 since joining MFP this second time around! I think THIS time it's really working :o)
  • andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm glad to hear your all Up for the low carb again.
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Girl that was said perfectly. I would love to have a few jaws drop too!
  • fitnowandforever
    Options
    Have any of you guys heard of the blog "Chocolate-Covered Kate"?
    It's a site full of dessert recipes which are really good but they're also seriously low-cal. And they aren't filled with 10,000 ingredients!
    I've been staring at the recipes drooling for the past hour :laugh: Probably gonna make brownie-batter pancakes today :love:
  • cherrypop1
    cherrypop1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Hi all Andreaie asked me to post this on the thread as she cant get online on her PC at the moment.

She has decided to repeat the low carb week as it seemed to be a week where nearly everyone lost weight i have to say i think it is a good idea so it is pretty much a repeat of the first challange that we did so i have copied the original post from that week and posted it as our new challenge for this week

week 1 is gonna be hard for a lot of people but it will give us the kick satrt we need and it will set the ball rolling.. this challenge im gonna repeat 2/3 more times in the 17 weeks...(if it works) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WEEK 1: EAT 150G OF CARBS A DAY FOR 6 DAYS (rice/pasta is weighed before its cooked youll be happy to know)BE SURE TO WEIGH EVERY CARB
    AND FOR 1 DAY I WOULD LIKE A CARB FREE DAY!!! (IF YOU CANT DO IT JUST DO THE 150G FOR THE WHOLE WEEK BUT LET ME KNOW )
    DRINK AT LEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER EVERYDAY!!! (NO EXCUSE FOR THIS ONE AND WE SHOULD DO THIS EVERY DAY)

so here are some ideas of what to eat for carb free...
    breakfast: fruit... eggs... yogurt,,,baked beans...bacon...(no sausages they are full of bread)
    lunch;salad..soup.. lean meats ect
    dinner: i find mashing carrot and turnip a good substitute for potatoes.. fish.chicken.meat,tofu,
    anyone else have ideas please post them here...

guys you will find this hard or maybe you wont i know i will but give it a go youll be suprised at how much of a difference it will make on the scales...
    i might throw in an extra challenge here and there :devil: :devil: :devil:

and dont forget to post me your weight tomorrow.. id like you to take your measurments and keep them your self until i ask for you to take them again...

P.S remember only you can do this and try to remember why we signed up to MFP and how good it feels to be able to change your weight and be down a pound or too... we can and will do this i have every faith in you guys now lets kick the S*^T out of this challenge

A XXX
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Yaayyy, i enjoyed the low carb week.

Lost 3lbs this week :)
    (Now 236lbs)
  • Pidders89
    Options
    yay low carb week :D

Well done on the weight loss everyone xxx
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Great Job to all of you that lost this week:drinker:

Great challenge for this week...I plan on kicking the S^*T out of this challenge to make up for the pound I gained this week!!!

Lisa
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options

Be patient...remember that the lower your weight to begin with, the slower it will come off....
  • fitnowandforever
    Options
    New week, new energy :) I, for one, am feeling super pumped :bigsmile: WH-HOO!

I'm going to drink water everyday and exercise like i crazy person. I just remembered how badly I want this, and I am going to get it.

That scream you just heard was me :)
  • Pidders89
    Options
    hey all,

I will be setting the mini challenge tomorrow and will do it in the morning UK time, hope you have all had a great weekend! xxx