what fashion combo makes you crazy?

Options

Replies

• kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Uggs and miniskirts - is it summer or snowing?

Flat shoes on women...I HATE flats!

Jeggings and muffintops. Need I say more?

Unfortunately, I can't wear heels...I had ankle surgery two years ago and still can't point my toes. Glad to have flats!!

^^this. I broke my big toe a few years back and have only recently been able to wear heels occasionally (used to wear them every day!). Flats have been my lifesaver. Professional enough to wear to work, comfortable enough to wear the rest of the time. I also know women that have done major damage to their feet and Achilles tendons from wearing heals too much.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Just as tights/leggins aren't pants, men's tank undershirts are not to be worn with nothing over it. I'm trying to refrain from calling them "wife beaters", but I can't stand that. And men, don't wear a "muscle shirt" if you don't have muscles.
  • hotonice
    hotonice Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    fanny packs...even if they are designer I don't care they are ugly...I wear leggings a lot though when I skate there really isn't another option but they aren't see through and they aren't up my butt and revealing some nasty camel toe.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    #1 pajama pants in public (the "I give up" look!)
    #2 pants that are way too long and drag on the ground under a persons shoes.

Haha im short and fat... its hard to find pants that fit around the waist and dnt drag under my shoe. Lmfao. I always have to roll my pants up.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    socks and sandals. Stripes and spots. florals and any other print (unless it's textured tights or something but... prints, no). Tights as pants (THEYRE NOT, OK?! I Dont care how skinny you are!)

Also going to have to agree with the crocs!

Wait, do you mean you hate it when people mix patterns, or that you hate prints altogether? *looks down at polka dots on cute retro dress I'm wearing*

Mixing patterns :) SOME end up looking nice together but it's rare that it happens..
  • Lima_India_Zulu
    Options
    Wearing your trousers below your underwear, specifically on men/boys, especially when combined with having your hand down the crotch.

I seriously don't understand why guys think this is so cool. They literally have to hold up their pants as they walk. Or they take baby steps because they can't take a long stride with the belt around their thighs. Can anyone explain this to me?

It began way back in the day when wearing massive baggy trousers meant that you had a big older brother who was handing clothes down to you, which in turn meant that they could beat people up for you if you got hassled.

Now, it's just a fashion thing and I doubt any of those ridiculous-looking boys have a clue why they do it.

This is the sort of info I get from my super-clever fiancé!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Comfort is no excuse for wearing ugly shoes! Do you hear me, oh lovers of UGGs, Crocs and TOMs?? *wretch*

Also, I don't like girls who forget their pants... either they think their shirt is a dress or that leggings are pants (they're TIGHTS)

Aww, I love TOMS and they're a great cause.
  • macpatti
    Options
    Maybe college girls, living on campus, walking to the book store on the strand can get away with wearing boxer or pajamas. But no one else should wear them in public.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Wearing jeans down below the butt. Really! Would you like to borrow my belt? My eyes have no business seeing your underwear while you're wearing them! :explode:

Grown men (and women too for that matter) or teenagers who wear the baby sister hats. You know the knit ones that tie under your chin and have the tassle on top. I just want to tell the person to give their baby sister back her hat. Seriously, when i see a man wearing that kind of hat I think "pedophile". :explode:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    levis and cowboy boots. there i said it!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Pajamas are a normal form of clothing in california. Lol. U see sweat pants and pjs all the time.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    #1 pajama pants in public (the "I give up" look!)
    #2 pants that are way too long and drag on the ground under a persons shoes.

Haha im short and fat... its hard to find pants that fit around the waist and dnt drag under my shoe. Lmfao. I always have to roll my pants up.

Have you tried the petite section for shorter pants? I'm tall, so I have the opposite problem, but hate to see that...especially in the winter when they're all dirty from slush and mud!
  • macpatti
    Options
    Wearing your trousers below your underwear, specifically on men/boys, especially when combined with having your hand down the crotch.

I seriously don't understand why guys think this is so cool. They literally have to hold up their pants as they walk. Or they take baby steps because they can't take a long stride with the belt around their thighs. Can anyone explain this to me?

It began way back in the day when wearing massive baggy trousers meant that you had a big older brother who was handing clothes down to you, which in turn meant that they could beat people up for you if you got hassled.

Now, it's just a fashion thing and I doubt any of those ridiculous-looking boys have a clue why they do it.

Interesting. I also heard it's a "prison thing". The ones who have to wear their pants down low are considered used for one way and the ones who wear them at their waist are considered something else. If this is true, then I'm sure the guys who walk the streets like this have no idea where it came from.
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    definately Crocs. unless you're in the medical field, you should not wear them.
    i also hate when guys match their hats with every out and their shoes. really?
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options

Interesting. I also heard it's a "prison thing". The ones who have to wear their pants down low are considered used for one way and the ones who wear them at their waist are considered something else. If this is true, then I'm sure the guys who walk the streets like this have no idea where it came from.

started in prison and its stupid.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    fanny packs...even if they are designer I don't care they are ugly...

I just waged a five year campaign to end my mother's use of a fanny pack. Nothing she owns is so important that it has to be strapped to her body.

I WON! :happy:
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I work on a college campus. Yesterday I saw a girl walking across campus in short shorts, a shirt almost long enough to cover her short shorts, and stilettos. It looked awful.

However, I'm a bit of an "out there" dresser myself (retro/vintage styles are my favorite), so I'm pretty accepting of whatever people want to wear. I get plenty of stares on a regular basis.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    mixed patterns are horrible. i know someone who showed up to my house after church wearing those ugly flats with flowers and strips on them, a skirt to mid calf with huge flowers all over it and a vertically striped red and white opened button down shirt with a faded purple undershirt (the ones with lace at top and bottom) and was shocked when I tried to politely tell her it was miss matched ( she is a family member and i was embarrassed for her) and she was 18! her boyfriend gave me a blank look as if I was out of my mind for thinking she looked bad lol. oh yeah and she had on socks with those flats
  • macpatti
    Options
    fanny packs...even if they are designer I don't care they are ugly...

I just waged a five year campaign to end my mother's use of a fanny pack. Nothing she owns is so important that it has to be strapped to her body.

I WON! :happy:

Good for you! Cross-body purses are the new fanny pack. Will she use one of those?
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious! Mixing spots and stripes? Really? Mixing patterns is amazing when it's done with style.