Butterball Babies~ ! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• KaeChelle
    Options
    I changed my calorie goals from losing one pound a week to one and a half.

Wow! 5000 calories burned in one week sounds high for just starting out. I generally burn 300 per workout, so if I do 5 days a week, that's 1500 calories. We would have to burn 715 calories a day for 7 days to reach 5000, or even more per day if you don't exercise every single day. I will do my best, but I'm not at the same level some of you may be with exercising. I guess that's why it's called a "challenge". :wink:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Not to sound stupid....but will you be eating back those 5000 calories?

D
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Not to sound stupid....but will you be eating back those 5000 calories?

D

At least half if i need to lol
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Update for Week 1 Challenges:

~Diary settings are good

~Cals Burned: 1093 Down (Walking, Stairs, Strength Training & Just Dance 2), 3907 to go
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Update for challenges for today.

-I changed my settings to 1.5lbs a week, I'm getting to my last 30+ pounds so i really should..
    -I burned 549 calories today doing 30 minutes of walking, and Jillian's Ripped in 30. So 4500 calories left to go thereabouts..

Best of luck, everyone! :smile:
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Ok count me in. I like the idea of an accountability partner
    Name:joanne
    Sw:154
    Group 10-15 lbs
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    WEEK #1 CHALLENGES-

1. I checked my diary. I am hoping to lose about 10 pounds, so I would need to lose 1.3 per week, currently my goals say I would lose 1.5 per week so I am all set there.

2. 5000 calories???? WOW! Not sure I have ever burned that many in a week, but it sounds like an awesome goal, better get my butt in gear!

I look forward to getting to know my new buddies!
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It definitely will be a challenge. I don't know if I will be able to do it either, but I'm going to give it my all! Good luck!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Hello again Everyone!

Ok...so I'm getting a lot of "slack" for assigning 5000 calories! :0)

My suggestion is that you count EVERY BIT of exercise you do. Like...walking in the grocery store for an hour...(60 minutes at 2.0 mph) That should help those of you who are just starting out with exercise. Cleaning house and cooking dinner also burn calories... those activities can also be found in the exercise archives! :0)

For those of you who have been exercising...time to kick it in gear this week! :0) We can do it!!!

Remember, each week the challenge is different...PLUS>..if you don't fully hit the challenge, but do more than you normally would...you are still working toward your weight loss goals! :0)

Keep it all in perspective my dears, and don't defeat yourselves before giving it an honest try! :0)

Annie... I totally understand about your back...and I'm not going to delete you at all!! Just remember to check in on weigh in days and you are good to go. Nothing else is "required" but just there for those who can and want it. :0)

Love to each of you. Tausha
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Thursday Sept. 1- Burned 848 Calories!
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Post the following:

Your name: Joyce

Which Group from above you want to participate in: Lose 1 - 10 pounds

Your First Official Weigh in: 124

Ugh I need this so bad! Thanks for making the group! I have been slacking lately I really need some motivation and support :) Thanks guys! Lets do it! :o)
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    So for the challenge this week...

1. I just changed my settings to maintain yesterday so we'll see how it goes but the past two days I've even gone over so that's no good :o( Tomorrow is a new day, I'm hoping to focus.
    2. Wow ok.. well I worked out today..just started a work out program on the Xbox called UFC trainer..today was day 2 so it was lighter than yesterday.. burned 76 cals.. far from 5000 but its a start
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Wow Posh, you burned up alot of calories for day 1 of the challenge - good for you!! I hadn't read the goals for the week before I exersized so I only got in 421 calories today - but I will do my best to get to that 5000! Even if I don't make it I will be burning up what I can so I will still be proud of myself!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Wow Posh, you burned up alot of calories for day 1 of the challenge - good for you!! I hadn't read the goals for the week before I exersized so I only got in 421 calories today - but I will do my best to get to that 5000! Even if I don't make it I will be burning up what I can so I will still be proud of myself!

That's the right attitude Sandy! :0) Thanks for the support.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Post the following:

Your name: Purple1butterfly

Which Group from above you want to participate in: 1lb to 10lb I would like to start in this group, if i get to this point can i just carry on losing weight & toning up

Your First Official Weigh in: 182.5lb (82.8kg)

What a great name for the group Tausha .

Yesterday i done 10 minutes of Running = 149 cals burned, Biggest looser full body (challenging) Wii game = 81 cals burned & Walking 3.0 mph, mod. pace = 137 cals burned so a total of 367 burned
    I have taken a picture of myself as i am now (the is a small difference from the 1 before) so i can see what i will of achieved @ the end of this challenge
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    great job purple1butterfly!
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Ok got a good start here burned 1474 calories yesterday. Going out for the weekend. Hoping to keep on track while gone too. I will be logging all the same. Good luck everybody!
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This is going to make me sound very lame...BUT...I just threw my back out this morning. I'm going to the chiropractor tomorrow to see what he says, but as of right now, it's difficult to even walk. Please, please, PLEASE don't count me out of the group. I will try my best, and if the chiropractor gives me to okay to exercise, then you can be sure I will burn those 5000 calories.

Hope you feel better. Take it light for few days if you can. You can always be back to your original plan when you feel better !! Hope everything. Goes well at chiropractor.
  • CzubbyMommy
    Options
    Your name: Angelica

Group: 1-10

Your First Official Weigh in: 118
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hello again Everyone!

Ok...so I'm getting a lot of "slack" for assigning 5000 calories! :0)

I actually love this challenge. A challenge is supposed to be...challenging and take us out of our comfort zone. i don't know if i will make it but i sure will try. Thanks Tausha.