Butterball Babies~ ! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I know I typed my update only to be told the thread was closed and I had to do it again! lol. great active group!!
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    **************************************************************************************************************
    Goal
    Progress
    T----/----F----/----S----/----S----/----M----/----T----/----W----
    Min of Strength Train:
    0/45
    0----/----0----/----0----/----0----/
    Calories Burned:
    2125/2000
    697---/--389-/--1039-/----0----/
    # Cups 'o Water:
    21/60
    /---6---/----4----/----3----/
    # of days under calories:----2/6-(net)---(.-272.)/-(.-61)-/
    /
    /
    # of days over calories:
    2/1
    /
    /(.+382.)/(+345)/
    **************************************************************************************************************

Tausha--have a great time on vacation!

Tara/Miriam--I started out as an ICU RN, then was ICU/PCU clinical manager, then PCU director...my floor shut down and I decided to get out of management and I liked dealing w/ the e-charting so much, I moved to IT&S. Yes, we use Meditech. We may be changing in a couple of years, but I work at an HCA facility (OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City), so any changes take a loooong time since the corporation is so huge.
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I survived the very unheathy meal my mother in law prepared. I asked her to leave one chicken breast out of the flour mixture and the fry daddy. I added a little seasoning and baked it in the oven. I had mostly steamed peas on the side and only one tablespoon each of Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes and Macaroni. Total = 329 Calories. And while they are having triple chocolate cake with frosting, I am having a Fiber One Oats & Choclate Bar, 140 Calories. This is a big step for me.

KAE- THAT IS AWESOME!!! GOOD FOR YOU!! That is some serious planning & will power!! More power to you!! I was thinking when you first wrote that you weren't going to go- "hey, that's a good way to get out of going to my mother-in-laws!!!" LOL

Having a good week- I find it interesting that I usually do a JM workout 3-5 times a week- but the week our challenge is to do ST- the weather is BEAUTIFUL in Chicago(land)- so I am more interested in going out for a run!! I will get in another "ripped" before wednesday, so i will meet my goal of ST for the week!!

Keep up the good work everyone:)
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    UPDATING! (note to self~caught up through Mon exercise, cals, ST and not water or walks)

# of Cups of Water: 40/60
    # of days UC: 4/6 (cheat day on~10/7)
    # of calories burned: 1433/2000
    # of min on ST: 20/45
    WEEKLY WI: 10/5-125.0~~~10/12-TBA

Melinda-you seem to fairly well with your exercise...I bet if you logged every day, you would have MAJOR losses?! Just a thought...

Angie-you are doing awesome with this weeks goals so far!

Kory-SWEET!!!! I work for HCA too (Sunrise Hospital and Children's Hospital in Las Vegas, NV)!!! and I HATE Meditech!!! LOL What a small world eh?! Now, quick reminder...go get some water girlie!!!!! :P

Jojo-you'll get the ST done...I'm sure we will both be squeezin in a RI30 on Wed!! LOL
  • melleyd
    Options
    Update through Sunday:

Thurs: over cals a little bit, but it was with healthy food so I'm ok with it! Couldn't resist my raw almonds! 7 cups of water.
    Fri: didn't track cals, 10 cups water.
    Sat: didn't track cals, 6 cups water, 905 calories burned
    Sun: didn't track cals, 3 cups water, 181 calories burned
    Mon: under calories, 11 cups water
    Tues:
    Wed:

Total calories burned: 1086/2000
    Total mins of strength training: 0/45
    Total cups of water: 37/60
    Number of days under cals: ?/7
    Number of days over cals: ?/7
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Updated through tonight:

Total mins of strength training: 35/45
    Total cups of water: 51/60
    Number of days under cals: 4/6
    Number of days over cals:1/1
    Calories Burned: 1365/2000

I tried some strength training videos on ExerciseTV tonight. Basic Strength is good for beginners like me. It was kind of fun. I definitely need to build up my strength!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Monday evening update:

Thurs: strength training: 0 , H2O - 7 cups , 260 cals burned - , under cals by 10
    Fri: strength training: 0 , H2O - 7 cups , 475 cals burned - , under cals by 103
    Sat: strength training: 0 , H2O - 7 cups , 213 cals burned - , over cals by 187
    Sun: strength training: 0 , H2O - 2 cups , 340 cals burned - , under cals by 408
    Mon: strength training: 35, H2O 5 cups, 683 cals burned, under cals by 916
    Tues:
    Wed:

Total calories burned: 1971/2000
    Total mins of strength training: 35/45
    Total cups of water: 28/60
    Number of days under cals: 4/7
    Number of days over cals: 1/7

I have been having some stomach issues...so it has been really hard to eat and drink thus my unusually low calories and very low water.

D
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Thurs: Over calories, 0 strength, 8 cups
    Fri: Over calories, 0 strength, 8 cups
    Sat: Under Calories by 57, 10 cups of water, 10 minutes of strength
    Sun: Under Calories by 270(oops!) 12 cups of water, 0 strength
    Mon: Under Calories by 120(but probably closer to right on goal), 10 cups of water, 10 minutes of strength
    Tues:
    Wed:

Total mins of strength training: 20
    Total cups of water: 48
    Number of days under cals: 3
    Number of days over cals: 2

I gave myself a little room as I had to eat some of my son's dinner in order to get him to eat! Didn't eat much, just a few bites.
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    10/6-18 cups water, 386 calories burned, 0 minutes strength training, under calories
    10/7-15 cups water, 288 calories burned, 20 minutes strength training, over calories
    10/8-12 cups water, 1200 calories burned, 0 minutes strength training, under calories
    10/9-15 cups water, 1100 calories burned, 0 minutes strength training, under calories
    10/10-15 cups water, 208 calories burned, 5 minutes strength training, under calories
    10/11-
    10/12-
    Total-75 cups water, 3182 calories burned, 25 minutes strength training, 4/7 days under calories
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Thurs: Lets see..I did Turbo Jam with Charlene (?) and did my jog, so that brings me to 860 calories and 12 cups of water.

Fri: I did a 30 minute walk, and did Jillian's No more trouble zones, so I think I made it to the strength training goal for the week, but that gives me no excuse to give it a few more rounds..maybe do a few rounds on the DVD instead, since it was really tough. I burned 745 calories today, so far at 6 cups of water..still not even 5pm yet, sure to get in a few more glasses.

Sat: Wow, today was a bust. I jogged today which felt good, but I blew it on my calories and had a binge..I'll aim to eat light the next few days (kinda like what u did Tara) drink a ton of water and maybe ill get lucky to maintain or a small loss...sorry team, i know i let you down. indifferent

Sun: Was recovering from binge, lots of exercise, and drinking 15 cups of water. Also did another session of JM's NMTZ.

Mon: Overall damage from binge was .4. I was worried it would be worse, so I'm pretty happy! Today, was all cardio. Running & Walking. Overall, it was a good day. My light eating plan didn't go as well, but still managed to stay under goals. =)

Tues:

Wed:

Total calories burned:4438/2000
    Total mins of strength training: 80/45
    Total cups of water: 63/60
    Number of days under cals: 3/7
  • NEcamper47
    NEcamper47 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Here is where I'm at for the week so far:
    Thurs: 4 water, 336 cals
    Fri: 0 water, 355 cals
    Sat: 4 water, 419 cals
    Sun: 2 water, 395 cals
    Mon: 5 water, 217
    Tues:
    Wed:
    Total calories burned: 1722/2000
    Total mins of strength training: 0/45 Tomorrow is gym day!
    Total cups of water: 15/60
    Number of days over cals: 1/7 Got this one done!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Karen-you are doing awesome with the goals this week!! I can't wait to see what the scale has to say about it...wtg!

Donna-sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well...hope you feel better soon!:flowerforyou:

Laura-you are KILLING this as usual....woot!

Suzanne-practice makes perfect...I don't know how much over your cals you were yesterday, but just be prepared...you still may see a small gain from it...even a few days down the road! Hopefully not...but don't be too discouraged if you do...it happens! No worries though...you are doing great, and I am sure it will all work out in the end!:happy:

Pat-you are doing great on your cals burned goals....hopefully gym day will knock out some fo that ST for you....make sure you bring your water bottle along when you go!!!!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Thurs: strength trng - 15 mins, H2O - 13 cups (had a couple more after closing out diary), cals burned - 278, under cals
    Fri: strength trng - 0 mins, H2O - 14 cups, cals burned - 533, over cals (unfortunately by like a meal's worth)
    Sat: strength trng - 30 mins, H2O - 9 cups, cals burned - 400, over cals
    Sun: strength trng - 0 mins, H2O - 7 cups, cals burned - 0 (didn't get a chance to exercise), over cals
    Mon: strength trng - 0 mins, H2O - 13 cups, cals burned - 300, over cals
    Tues:
    Wed:

Total calories burned: 1511/2000
    Total mins of strength training: 45/45
    Total cups of water: 56/60
    Number of days under cals: 1/7
    Number of days over cals: 4/7
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    My Update so far:
    10-6 Thurs: I was almost under & then added in a bunch of Wholegrain cheese puffs & went over by about 100! 1367 calories burned doing cardio & strength training AM/PM workouts: approx 50 mins strength: 16 cups water
    10-7 Fri: I was under calories, just couldn't eat more since I needed to fast for a religious holiday. Did burn 1130 calories doing cardio & strength training in the AM: approx 60 mins was strength training: 14 cups water
    10-8 Sat: No exercise due to fasting: ate 1 meal which was dinner to break the fast, pretty sure it took me over my 1200 cals for the day as I made Chocolate Chip Cookie brownies for desert & ate 2 1/2 plus my Mum's Ginger Spice Cake: I'd estimate water at about 8 cups since I couldn't drink much during the day & didn't want to go on a binge once the fast ended
    10-9 Sun: 951 cals burned, approx 30 mins was strength training - under cals by 202 & somewhere around 30+ cups of water (very thirsty date)
    10-10 Mon: 1098 cals burned w/about 60 mins strength training: over cals by 240 and 30+cups of water :happy:
    10-11 Tues:
    10-12 Wed:

Total mins of strength training: 200/45 (oops, I'm over & still got a few more days to pump iron!)
    Total cups of water: 98/60
    Number of days under cals: 2/7 (probably be 2/7 later today)
    Number of days over cals: 3/7
    Calories burned- 4546/2000

I might have a slight exercise addiction... :tongue:
  • melleyd
    Options
    I might have a slight exercise addiction... :tongue:

You think? lol.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    Karen, I didn't see the chart yesterday, it looks great! Wow, look at some of those losses overall-I'm really impressed at the hard work and dedication everybody is putting in. I love that we are on teams so if we mess up, we feel a bigger responsibility to get back on track than if it was just ourselves.

Nat, maybe just a teensy exercise addiction! But as my husband said this morning when I complained about finding a plumbing washer in my 16 year old's shorts pocket while doing laundry (really, what is up with that???)-"at least it's not drugs or condoms" so your addiction could be way worse!

Donna, hope the headaches go away soon.

Everybody else, keep on rocking it. I see great results in everybody's future even if the scale doesn't move. Take those measurements ladies!

Here's my update through Monday. I did a short gym workout this morning but I have hours of yardwork and pool cleaning in my immediate future and the yardwork will burn some serious calories so I'll update that tomorrow.

Thurs: under calories, burned 463 calories, 0 minutes strength, 9 cups water
    Fri: burned 680 calories, 30 minutes strength, under calories, 9 cups water
    Sat: 0 calories burned, 0 minutes strength, over calories, not nearly enough water (5???) and didn't close out diary
    Sun: 215 calories burned, 0 minutes strength(unless you count pushing a vacuum!), under calories, 7 cups water
    Mon: 700 calories burned, 35 minutes strength, under calories, 9 cups water
    Tues:
    Wed:

Total calories burned:2058 /2000
    Total mins of strength training: 65/45
    Total cups of water: 39/60
    Number of days under cals: 4/7
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Goal
    Progress
    T----/----F----/----S----/----S----/----M----/----T----/----W----
    Min of Strength Train:
    0/45
    0----/----0----/----0----/----0----/----0----/
    Calories Burned:
    2125/2000
    697---/--389-/--1039-/----0----/----0----/
    # Cups 'o Water:
    21/60
    /---6---/----4----/----3----/----6----/
    # of days under calories:----2/6-(net)---(.-272.)/-(.-61)-/
    /
    /
    /
    # of days over calories:
    2/1
    /
    /(.+382.)/(+345)/(+715)/

This will be my worst week in a long time. I either sprained or broke my pinky toe while bellydancing on Sat night and didn't get to exercise Sun/Mon (passed out last night at 7...) I won't be able to do meet my calorie goals because of not exercising them off. Will try to do the 45 minutes of weight training tonight so I can at least meet that goal too.

Tara-yep, very small world. Meditech is the reason that I went into IT instead of nursing...with my knowledge of Meditech frustrations as a bedside nurse and my knowledge of how Meditech can work as an IT&S employee, I have been very excited about changes that we are getting done here for Meditech charting (my whole goal is to cut out as many key strokes as possibe and get rid of some of the redundancy that we seem to throw into our charting). I hope you guys have a good IT team! Most of ours are RNs here, and apparently it is a rarity.
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    10/06- 9 cups water, 155 calories burned
    10/07- 6 cups water, 0 burned
    10/08- 8 cups water, 775 calories burned
    10/09- 10 cups water, 142 calories burned
    10/10- 0 Water :(, 102 calories burned
    10/11- 10 cups water, 650 calories burned
    10/12-

Total mins of strength- 30/45
    Total cups of water- 43/60
    Days under calories- 5/6
    Days over calories- 0/1
    Calories burned- 1824/2000
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Thurs: Strength 15 mins, 988 Calories burned, 12 Glasses of Water, under 686 Cals today
    Fri: Strength 0 mins, 397 Calories burned, 8 Glasses of Water, under 381 Cals today
    Sat: Strength 0 mins, 0 Cals burned (dayoff), 7 Glasses of Water, over 98 Cals today
    Sun: Strength 0 mins, 452 Cals burned, 11 Glasses of Water, Under 622 Cals today
    Mon: Strength 0 mins, 204 Cals burned, 7 Glasses of Water, Over a gazillion calories today
    Tues:
    Wed:

Total mins of strength training: 15/45
    Total Calories burned: 2041 /2000
    Total cups of water: 45/60
    Number of days under cals: 3/7
    Number of days over cals: 2/7
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    couldn't sleep last night so got up nice & early, got a JM Ripped in and then a 2 mile run!! felt really good and needed to clear my head! very happy to say i stayed on track with excercise this week

went to the library and got a yoga dvd for the first time ever. I thought maybe it would help me to kill some stress, other than just doing ST & running.

DOES anyone else do yoga???