Butterball Babies~ ! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    omg- i finally just figured out what TOM means!!! i'm such a dumbass!!!! i never understood what people meant!! LMAO

thanks!!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    " hence me trying yoga to relax in other ways... not sure if yoga is for me though, the whole time in trying to relax i was thinking how i could be doing a jillian workout and actually burning calories instead of just stretching. I'm usually in a time crunch in the morning & really need to choose my time wisely!!! i'm too hyper for yoga at this point!!! LOL ) "

OMG! this is soooo me! I get twitchy and make my to-do lists and can't relax. Of course, my friend who owns her own yoga studio keeps telling me that's why I need it!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about yoga. I am so sure it would be great and I loved doing the p90x yoga but miss the calorie burn. This is why weight training is sometimes frustrating. I know I need it more now than ever but the calorie burn isn't there.

I did see a loss this week but I am not sure how proud to be of it. I was extremely under calories for so many days.

Today's weight was 123.0

D
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options
    Weight this week: 133.2 down 2 lbs from last week! WOO HOO!! I'm sure TOM had something to do with last week's weigh in. But I am going to experiment and increase my calories to see what happens. I didn't eat that poorly this past week, but did go over in calories pretty much all week and still have a loss, so maybe I need the extra cals.

Also, wish me luck. I'm doing the Spartan Race on Saturday. My brother talked me into it. Looks a little intense, so my goal is just to finish without breaking any limbs! :laugh: Just curious...has anyone done a Spartan Race or know anybody who has? Any info/feedback would be great. :smile:

Anyway, looks like everyone did really well this week. Let's keep up the momentum!! Have a great day, BB's!! :flowerforyou:

I have never done any kind of race but kudos to the person who came up with the name! Being a history buff, I love all things Greek! Again, I would be an Athenian before I would be a Spartan. Nat on the other hand would be a Spartan!! LOL!

Definitely, keep us posted as to how you do and what it was like! I cannot wait to hear about it! Good for you!!!:flowerforyou:

D
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Weight: 170.8.
    Gain + 0.2
    Had a big cheat this past weekend, and threw my whole week off. I wish i didn't crave so much..
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    omg- i finally just figured out what TOM means!!! i'm such a dumbass!!!! i never understood what people meant!! LMAO

thanks!!!

lol, that made me laugh out loud! (that's what lol means)....LOL!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options

thanks!!!

lol, that made me laugh out loud! (that's what lol means)....LOL!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So funny!!!
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

thanks!!!

It took me awhile to figure it out too..when I saw NSV..I was like...WTF?!?! HAHA...I had to ask someone..felt like an idiot!
  • NEcamper47
    NEcamper47 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Weigh in is 261, exactly the same. I will take it. I have just been so stressed this week. AND I hate it being dark in the mornings now. I can not seem to make myself go to the pool in the a.m. like I did all summer.::yawn: I just don't want to get out of bed. So I am changing gears and going after work since I get off earlier now. WOOHOO.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Jojo-I feel your pain girl!! I did EVERYTHING that I could this week for a loss...and I gained 0.8lbs!!! I too enjoy my rum and diet on the weekends to relax so no worries there either! Now for TOM (Aunt FLo)...I normally don't like to use this as a reason for a gain...but as I am expecting mine any minute now....and I didn't lose even though I was perfect...I'm gonna!!! I think it has to do with water retention and bloating, and IF you are eating worse because of it (which I wasn't)....sucks being a girl sometimes huh?! Stay strong this week and I bet we both have a decent loss next week!!! (then we will know for sure about Flo)!

Jojo/Angie/Donna-Oh and about the yoga...try Hathum (sp?) or Heat Yoga...and you will see a HUGE burn for your time doing it!!! Or a great cardio-yoga is "Yoga Booty Ballet"...that'll be a little more "active" for you guys, a better burn, but still has some yoga stretches included too!

Donna-good job on your loss...remember not to get discouraged if the scale isn't quite as nice next week...especially if you think you lost it because you ate too little.

Suzanne-it happens girl!!! be happy it was onlly 0.2lbs that you gained, you got the craving out of the way, and without too much damage!

Pat-nothin wrong with an even every now and then...you have been very consistent with your losses, and we all need a break on occassion!!!

DON'T YOU ALL LOVE THESE ABBREVIATIONS?!?!!?!? LMAO!!!!

So what are we doing for a challenge this week??? I'm gonna have to make notes on my food/exercise logs to keep track for whatever they happen to be!!:smooched:
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Weigh in for the week...211.8! Down 1.6 from last week. I will totally take it as I have been unable to get below 213 since June!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    SPARTA!!! Lol - thanx, Donna :wink: I would actually be a mix, possibly an Athenian spy on the inside of Spartan: I'm more kind, fun loving, not really a fighter even tho I look the part :laugh:

Anyways: sorry for my delayed update for last weeks challenge: here is the final breakdown.

10-6 Thurs: over by about 100! 1367 calories burned,approx 50 mins strength: 16 cups water
    10-7 Fri: under calories by 430(had to fast for a religious holiday). 1130 calories burned: approx 60 mins was strength training: 14 cups water
    10-8 Sat: No exercise due to fasting: ate 1 meal to break the fast, pretty sure went over due to deserts! Water maybe 8cups since didn't drink much - no workout/strength training.
    10-9 Sun: 951 cals burned, approx 30 mins was strength training - under cals by 202 & somewhere around 30+ cups of water
    10-10 Mon: 1098 cals burned w/about 60 mins strength training: over cals by 240 and 30+cups of water
    10-11 Tues: WAY over cals (by at least 400!) Only burned 537 cals with about 50 mins going to strength training. Drank over 30 cups water though!
    10-12 Wed: Way under on cals (by 988!) due to INTENSE workout with Hubz at the gym: Burned total 1178 cals for the day with about 45 mins to strength training. Water around 25 or so cups

Total mins of strength training: 295/45
    Total cups of water: 153/60
    Number of days under cals: 3/7
    Number of days over cals: 4/7
    Calories burned- 6261/2000

On the weigh-in front: no loss. Still holding at 148.0! BUTT... My NSV's are so totally out-ruling the scale! Shoulders are bigger, biceps are bigger & more cut & I've lost an entire inch around my chest! Hubz & I did measurements on Tuesday, my weak side is now my dominant side (gained almost an inch on left bicep & 1/4" on right), while waist is still the same, chest went from 35.5" to 34.5"! Forearms lost an inch each but are more cut, which means I've lost fat & tightened the muscle - WHOO HOO!! AND, my butt is taking some serious shape! I'm getting that little "sweat-heart" cut in the top - I have to attribute that to the Arc Trainer at the gym :wink:

To all you "losers" for the week - that is FAB-YOU-LOSS!!! To those who may not have changed, keep in mind that NSV's are stronger & more long term than the scale. Start taking measurements as well & "see" the difference :happy:

Looking forward to another AWESOME Challenge!
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    I am a little behind this week, but here we go....

Weigh in.... 241.5 (BOOO that is a gain!) I am going to change my calorie goal to see what I can do to fix this.

Last weeks results-

10/06- 9 cups water, 155 calories burned
    10/07- 6 cups water, 0 burned
    10/08- 8 cups water, 775 calories burned
    10/09- 10 cups water, 142 calories burned
    10/10- 0 Water :(, 102 calories burned
    10/11- 10 cups water, 650 calories burned
    10/12- 6 cups water, 0 calories burned

Total mins of strength- 30/45
    Total cups of water- 49/60
    Days under calories- 6/6
    Days over calories- 1/1
    Calories burned- 1824/2000
  • melleyd
    Options
    I forgot to post my weight! 199.2 which is down .6 pounds. However, I was up 3.2 pounds last week and didn't record it due to TOM, so even though this is small, I really lost almost 4 pounds from last week! I am going to keep this up from this point forward!

Great job everyone. I love this group!
  • melleyd
    Options

thanks!!!

It took me awhile to figure it out too..when I saw NSV..I was like...WTF?!?! HAHA...I had to ask someone..felt like an idiot!

I had to google NSV to figure it out! lol (laugh out loud)
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I walked around the shops for 2hr yesterday, not sure what I will do tonight as it is a friends birthday meal & so far I have loads of cals left. Were going to the harvester for the meal, I was thinking steak & jacket potato with salad in-fact it is making me hungry just thinking about it.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options
    It is Friday and I feel lost!!! Can someone please tell me what to do??? (joke!!!!)

Well, ladies... Since Tausha is on a well deserved vacation...what should we do? Create goals ourselves? Do individual goals? Consider it a "rest' week? (Nat will have a coronary...she doesn't know how to rest!) Seriously, Nat, you are my HERO! I am lifting today because of you! I am also sore as heck because I increased the poundage that I am lifting, because of YOU!:flowerforyou:

D
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    Donna, that's so funny, we are lost without Tausha! How about if we each pick the one thing that is most difficult for us right now in our quest for better health and fitness and concentrate on that this week and keep the same exercise/water challenge from last week?

For me, that obviously has to be sodium. It's killing me! I'm also picking up a nasty little cereal snack habit at night. I've got the calories, and I'm eating decent cereal (it's not Fruit loops!) and almond milk but it's making me wake up puffy the next day from all those carbs late at night.

So this week, I'm going to get in 1200 calories, drink 60 cups of water (which I failed at last week), do 45 minutes of strength and try to keep my sodium under 2500 mg 5 out of the 7 days.

Checking in through Thursday:
    calories burned: 432/1200
    strength:0/45
    cups water:12/60
    days under calories: 1/7
    days over calories: 0/7
    days under sodium: 0/7 :ohwell:
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I like the calories burned (2000), water intake (60), days under/over (6/1), sodium is cool--under sodium 6 days

But what about adding something like--taking 10 minutes at least 5 days for reflection/relaxation/meditation? Meaning you have to stop whatever you are doing, put on some soft/nature/no music and just try to relax your whole body and mind? (means 10 straight minutes...turn off phone...no facebook...hide from your kids...)
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I get so excited when I think a weight is a fluke...but the fluke happens for 3 days straight and you realize that it isn't a fluke (i.e. me getting into the 160's...) :drinker: