Lose 5 Pounds a Month September 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Had a great day today.. I didnt' go walking but I was up and moving the majority of the day cleaning my house.

see ya for weigh in in the morning
  • bhollady
    bhollady Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join in?
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join in?

I don't think so! Jump right in!
  • theresamommyof4
    Options
    9/2/2011 ~ 193.6

I gained 9 lbs this last weekend & spent ALL WEEK trying to get it back off. I say this to remind myself of how completely un-worth it the cookie (and other stuff) binge was.

9/9/2011~ 192.4
    9/16/2011~
    9/23/2011~
    9/30/2011~
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I`m in again :) starting weight is 183

first weigh in was 181

Today`s weigh in was 179.4 and I`m officaly overweight now instead of Obese :):)
    I`ve lost - 3.6 pounds so far
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Okay... SW 203
    GW 198

Current weight as of today 197.8
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good morning All. So far I lost 1 lb. I am happy with that, I will take any loss. A little over 2 years ago I had bunion surgerys and since I wouldn't workout the way I wanted too, I also did not keep track of what I was eating. Before I knew it I gained 25lb. :noway: Since I have joined MFP a little over a month ago, I have lost 8 lbs. This is a journey, I know I can't expect to loose it all fast but I will get there again. :happy:
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    im in how do i join?:wink:

Just keep track once a week of your weight. Some of us have our weigh ins on fridays. I check in daily for support but I don't comment much. But for me just reading everone's ups and. downs do help because we are all in this weight loss, live better journey
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Well, the days are going by and the scale is not budging from 148/149... not a good sign if my goal is to get to 143 before month end.

I've been running ~5k every second day, but not doing much on the day in between, so maybe I need to work on that.

Also, after a successful August, maybe I've been letting a few too many extra 'bites' here and there sneak in to my diet. I've been hungry / snacky, so I really need to watch myself. I guess I need to recognize that this could be hormonal, and I just need to get through it, and food will be easier again soon.

However, I'm very happy to be fighting the magic elastic that usually zings me back to 155, once I get close to 150!!
  • theresamommyof4
    Options
    Okay... SW 203
    GW 198

Current weight as of today 197.8

Ahhhh!!! That's awesome! Keep it goin'! My original goal was 5 pounds, but I'm going to try to push it to 10 :) We can do it together!
  • theresamommyof4
    Options
    I`m in again :) starting weight is 183

first weigh in was 181

Today`s weigh in was 179.4 and I`m officaly overweight now instead of Obese :):)
    I`ve lost - 3.6 pounds so far

OMGoodness! See... that milestone is just fun! Now I feel like I can consider myself just a little "pudgy", lol! It's incredible how much of a difference it makes in my motivation! Congratulations!
  • Pancake86
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • theresamommyof4
    Options
    I am in! Only I'm challenging my self to 3 lbs per week because I just started and I know I have a lot of water weight to lose and that usually comes off at a rate of 3 -5 lbs per week for a month for me.

You're right. I lost about 11 lbs my first week. It did start slowing down after that, but everyone loses differently. I would be so nice if the weight came off that fast all the time!
  • rure13
    Options
    Sept 1 - 168
    Sept 9 -167
    Sept 16 -
    Sept 23 -
    Sept 30 -
  • edejesus2011
    Options
    Count me in for SURE!! :happy:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Sept 1st SW: 193.8
    Sept 9th 195.8
    Sept 16th
    Sept 23rd
    Sept 30th

:sad:

But I know I had a rough weekend and was WAY over sodium yesterday plus I've logged many jogging miles this week and I'm achy, so I expected a gain. At least it's only 2 this time.

Hope you all have a good weekend. I'm starting mine off with a funeral, but it's for a friend of a frind, so it won't be too hard on me. Tomorrow is my 5k marking my 1yr doing 5k's (same place as my first one).

Aside from all your plans, take the time to thank any military, police, firefighters this weekend and remember those who lost theor lives 10yrs. :heart:
  • 1FineFaye84
    1FineFaye84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :) We can do this! :)
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    2 lbs here
  • theresamommyof4
    Options
    Sept 1st SW: 193.8
    Sept 9th 195.8
    Sept 16th
    Sept 23rd
    Sept 30th

:sad:

But I know I had a rough weekend and was WAY over sodium yesterday plus I've logged many jogging miles this week and I'm achy, so I expected a gain. At least it's only 2 this time.

Hope you all have a good weekend. I'm starting mine off with a funeral, but it's for a friend of a frind, so it won't be too hard on me. Tomorrow is my 5k marking my 1yr doing 5k's (same place as my first one).

Aside from all your plans, take the time to thank any military, police, firefighters this weekend and remember those who lost theor lives 10yrs. :heart:

Awww! That stinks, but you're right! It's only 2 lbs! I gained 9 last weekend :( That was no fun! And when my muscles are sore, I always weigh more... don't know if they retain water to heal? You're doing great!
  • theresamommyof4
    Options
    2 lbs here

That's GREAT! I certainly wish I had pulled off 2 pounds! Lol!